Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Respected Member

How much ££ for the family

Can anyone advise me on how much money would mr average send home to the phils each month, to support the family??? After the wife arrives and lives in the uk.

Sorry if this is an old question, i searched and couldnt find anything. But seems an important consideration.

Thanks
    neil

This should be interesting Very good question Neil

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Have you read the sticky thread cost of a relationship?

But as for your question.. I'm curious too

Banned

Wink

all i will say if you want to do that is ---dont start what you cant carry on

a simple question was your wife working and supporting her family before you wisked her off to the uk ????

Better just say I know someone who's marriage has just gone up the swanee because his wife sent 10's of 1000's of pounds back without him knowing when he found out it sort of signalled "The End"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

However much you send is never enough,my mate was in pieces,once you do start sending a regular amount you better tack on a few extra thousand for "Family problems" which arise normally around christmas,easter etc

We only send money in emergency,ie medical, collage fees,etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeve View Post
    We only send money in emergency,ie medical, collage fees,etc.
    So what's the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by jakeob View Post
    Can anyone advise me on how much money would mr average send home to the phils each month, to support the family??? After the wife arrives and lives in the uk.

Sorry if this is an old question, i searched and couldnt find anything. But seems an important consideration.

Thanks
    neil
    Nothing is the best answer. They survived before you without your money.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    So what's the damage?
    my wallet.

Banned
    my wallet.
    Yeah, I read that in Duh magazine But how much on average do these "family emergencies" and other stuff set you back? Say, college tuition??

Sometimes its best not to open pandoras box

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Sometimes its best not to open pandoras box
    Sometimes we just have to get into the box to see what's there

Peer in from a safe distance I have a mate who sends £200 a month back,thats standard for him but I know his wifes family have frequent problems/emergencies

Yeah, I read that in Duh magazine But how much on average do these "family emergencies" and other stuff set you back? Say, college tuition??

Well we just sent £200 last month, so he could finish his nursing course. his brother has been helping out as well, hes an officer on the ships.

Father in law bad with his health , he would be dead now but for us, diabetic,
    pay for his drugs and he had a stroke, the list goes on. anything else you like to know.

Banned
    Peer in from a safe distance I have a mate who sends £200 a month back,thats standard for him but I know his wifes family have frequent problems/emergencies
    Fine if your on a fortune, not on my peasant salary But seriously, Tawi... Shocking, my last post was thick with innuendo and you missed it

Banned
    Well we just sent £200 last month, so he could finish his nursing course. his brother has been helping out as well, hes an officer on the ships.

Father in law bad with his health , he would be dead now but for us, diabetic,
    pay for his drugs and he had a stroke, the list goes on. anything else you like to know.
    Your bank account details and sort code

Food for thought though!

Banned
    Fine if your on a fortune, not on my peasant salary But seriously, Tawi... Shocking, my last post was thick with innuendo and you missed it

he was just counting his money he has a family emergency a typoon has just ripped through davoa

Thanks
    neil
    Unfortunately they tend to think we are extremely rich, so they usually expect a lot more than they would really need for mere support.
    Iain.

it depends on your circumstances, everyone's different

i've got a stepson at uni, so we send him money and he lives with his aunt, she gave up her job to look after our daughter for many years, so we help them both out, and as i'm a grandpa now we help with paying for the baby's needs.

Nope I cottoned onto the "Box" innuendo,but my Finbar Saunders(and his double entendre)days are behind me,Fnarrrr,fnarrrr I think from the people I know down here £200 a month is par for the course,and they have all sent money back for houses 3 Pinays live within half a mile of me and from what I have been told about £200 average?Theres actually 4 pinays but I dont know about the one over the road,she is a bit suplada.

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    he was just counting his money he has a family emergency a typoon has just ripped through davoa
    The people I know in Davao Dave could buy and sell me 10X over I was there in march when a helicopter landed on their beach it was one of the old guys political mates

Banned
    Nope I cottoned onto the "Box" innuendo,but my Finbar Saunders(and his double entendre)days are behind me,Fnarrrr,fnarrrr I think from the people I know down here £200 a month is par for the course,and they have all sent money back for houses 3 Pinays live within half a mile of me and from what I have been told about £200 average?Theres actually 4 pinays but I dont know about the one over the road,she is a bit suplada.
    Fair enough if the pinay in the relatonship is working too

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Unfortunately they tend to think we are extremely rich, so they usually expect a lot more than they would really need for mere support.
    Iain.
    That's so true! Folks back home in the Philippines tend to think foreigners have very deep pockets and they have no qualms asking for more than what's needed.

If you're determined to send money as an "allowance", I'd say start with a little less than half of what you can handle. It may seem small to you, but in the Philippines, £1 is more than the cost of a person's meal, even in Manila. If they're not in Manila, even better! Your money should last even longer. If it doesn't, check if they suddenly have new entertainment systems or something.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    That's so true! Folks back home in the Philippines tend to think foreigners have very deep pockets and they have no qualms asking for more than what's needed.
    Now thats the bit that would bother me! "Asking or more than whats needed"

Sounds like people pay about £200 per month, but then get hit with "Extras" for this that and the kitchen sink. So probably more like £400 per month if your a good boy.

Hmmm sounds like wifeypoos needs a part time job. Well thats what would cross my mind

Thanks
    neil

It usually depends how many jobs I need done...
    If I have none then they make none...A bit like a no work no pay deal.

Sounds like people pay about £200 per month, but then get hit with "Extras" for this that and the kitchen sink. So probably more like £400 per month if your a good boy.
    I moved around a lot in the Philippines before coming to the US to study, and I noticed that there were places where the young-Filipina-older-foreigner relationships were more prevalent. These were usually places where even a degree from the good universities couldn't land you a decent job in Manila (I'm not naming provinces, but you'll know where they are once you've been there). So you're basically dealing with women who are looking for Prince Charming, not his pauper look-alike.

Because most Filipinos can't provide for a housewife and children, the women in these places look outside the country for men with money. In a lot of cases, their families won't like it. But in many more, the families actually encourage it. Especially when the foreigner with the money (good exchange rate) has white skin. Filipinos tend to think white-skinned people are wealthy. Even my sister gets inflated prices at the farmer's market just because she has fairer skin than everyone else there. Poor thing!

Best thing to do is start small and watch the inflation. Also, ask that whatever extra they have, they invest. Too many families in the Philippines spend their "allowances"on luho (aka luxuries) because they can't afford the things themselves so when they do have money, they go overboard.

Banned

Unhappy

The people I know in Davao Dave could buy and sell me 10X over I was there in march when a helicopter landed on their beach it was one of the old guys political mates

the point i was trying to make was the typoon in the south not up in luzon just another excuse to get money

Eep! That's definitely not right.

how much to send?

that really depends on you and your wifes family,how much money do you have or spare to give and do you really need too?

think of yourself and wife first then her family and agree a set amount because you may find it becoming a bottomless pit?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information