Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British Men?

LOL! Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking the scientific approach and scouring the entire forum for posts about sending/giving money or not sending/giving money. It would be fun and a challenge that I'd enjoy. But the Fall term is starting and my professor's back with a lot of data for me. I'll have to go with personal observation here. Maybe someone can help me here. If I can't say that majority send money, can anyone tell me that the majority of the men here don't send money? Can't really count the people that have never mentioned it, but only the ones that have mentioned it (wouldn't be scientific to randomly assign yes or no to them).

I know the things I posted may have raised some people's hackles, but if things said hit home and hit hard, maybe there's some truth to them. If the shoe doesn't fit, why wear it and defend it tooth and nail? I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that you're doing something that isn't accepted by others. I actually admire Trader Dave for admitting his money flies out of his pockets like rockets whenever his wife wants something (no matter how much stuff she already has). I don't agree with what he does, but at least he's honest about it. I think that's awesome. There's no shame in being honest.

Lady friend has never asked for money in five years,she doesnt need it and was actually going to buy me a ticket to visit her which raised my ire a shade But I have sent thousands over the years to help friends,no real reason to except I never forget a good turn(nor a bad one either ).But I do know some guys who have been bled dry

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Lady friend has never asked for money in five years,she doesnt need it and was actually going to buy me a ticket to visit her which raised my ire a shade But I have sent thousands over the years to help friends,no real reason to except I never forget a good turn(nor a bad one either ).But I do know some guys who have been bled dry
    LOL. I'm 100% sure she doesn't need to ask for money. But you're right. I've also met guys whose wives were materialistic and went amok when the guys could afford stuff the ladies could only dream about before. I just give them a pat on the back and tell them it's their own fault for shocking their wives with suddenly affordable luxuries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt7 View Post
    If it were based on data and facts there wouldn't be a discussion of opinion here right now.
    True.. that's why we're discussing this right now as the claims made here are based on observations and therefore, open for dispute and discussion...

Heck! even those that present data and facts are still being disputed and debated...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    LOL! Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking the scientific approach and scouring the entire forum for posts about sending/giving money or not sending/giving money.
    we can have a poll on that... lol.. would be fun!

I'll start.. my bf doesn't send me money.. nor spends money on calls (I do the calling), no flowers sent my way ever...

Feminism is our concept,this is the age of sexual equality If a woman didnt hold a door open for me or pull out a chair when I am about to sit at a table I would be most offended,you want to be treated as equals

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    LOL! Honestly, I wouldn't mind taking the scientific approach and scouring the entire forum for posts about sending/giving money or not sending/giving money. It would be fun and a challenge that I'd enjoy. But the Fall term is starting and my professor's back with a lot of data for me. I'll have to go with personal observation here. Maybe someone can help me here. If I can't say that majority send money, can anyone tell me that the majority of the men here don't send money? Can't really count the people that have never mentioned it, but only the ones that have mentioned it (wouldn't be scientific to randomly assign yes or no to them).

I know the things I posted may have raised some people's hackles, but if things said hit home and hit hard, maybe there's some truth to them. If the shoe doesn't fit, why wear it and defend it tooth and nail? I don't think there's anything wrong with admitting that you're doing something that isn't accepted by others. I actually admire Trader Dave for admitting his money flies out of his pockets like rockets whenever his wife wants something (no matter how much stuff she already has). I don't agree with what he does, but at least he's honest about it. I think that's awesome. There's no shame in being honest.
    i think you misread what i meant it was a little tongue in cheek

MRS T has never asked for anything but i do say at times IF YOU NEED IT BUY IT

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    we can have a poll on that... lol.. would be fun!

I'll start.. my bf doesn't send me money.. nor spends money on calls (I do the calling), no flowers sent my way ever...
    Same with me...when kev was still in the UK i am the one calling him as i have skype account and never sent me flowers too never sent me money too as i told him that it is best if he saves it, sometimes i am the one sending him money as i asked him before to resign from work as he has difficulties in walking so i told him since in younger, ill help him first (as i got a small business from my da...so i have enough dodge to send for his groceries
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    Same with me...when kev was still in the UK i am the one calling him as i have skype account and never sent me flowers too never sent me money too as i told him that it is best if he saves it, sometimes i am the one sending him money as i asked him before to resign from work as he has difficulties in walking so i told him since in younger, ill help him first (as i got a small business from my da...so i have enough dodge to send for his groceries
    Charlene,its not "Dodge" its "Dosh" or "Wedge" but I suppose you could amalgamate them and arrive at "Dodge" Thats the good thing about english,its a flexible language,congratulations on your inventiveness

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Charlene,its not "Dodge" its "Dosh" or "Wedge" but I suppose you could amalgamate them and arrive at "Dodge" Thats the good thing about english,its a flexible language,congratulations on your inventiveness
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Respected Member
    For almost two and a half years in LDR, my boyfriend never sent me money. He doesn't have to anyway, I have always survived financially on my own or on my parents' support, when I am not working. Besides, my only vice is food, which is pretty much affordable.

We do exchange gifts sometimes. He sent me flowers a couple of times.

He calls me too but I told him only when it is important cos he is paying so much on that 3 network (which I have whined about in my previous posts). Sometimes, I don't answer his call but call him back since I discovered that 12800 number. Thanks to this forum.

At work, when they found out I am dating a white guy, I always get teased about getting a "remittance", I got upset at first cos it made me feel that they are insinuating I am using my boyfriend. Later on, I learned to laugh it off and even joke about GBP-Peso exchange rate.

I have nothing against those who send/receive money and I understand why they do that as well but I hope guys will be careful when it comes to sending money as some girls use their charm to take advantage.
    When in doubt, mumble.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

That counts me out, to start off with, then......

So no Jocks, no Taffys and no Paddys either, that leaves only the Limeys......

So apart from a couple of Scousers, Brums, Geordies and Mackams, and a manc or three, there isn't much left to go on asking is there...???
    Too right!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information