Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Advice regarding how much land can I own Im a dual citizen!!!

Hello everybody I'm back again, I have a question regarding owning land in the philippines, we already owned 767 sqm land in Pinas, but my husband would like to puchase more we have been searching the internet if I could still own more and it says that if you are a dual you can only own 1,000 sqm resedintial land, but then there's another law that has been passed on 2003 that it says a dual national can own as much land.. pls any help will be much appreciated!!! thanks alot

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaholic View Post
    Hello everybody I'm back again, I have a question regarding owning land in the philippines, we already owned 767 sqm land in Pinas, but my husband would like to puchase more we have been searching the internet if I could still own more and it says that if you are a dual you can only own 1,000 sqm resedintial land, but then there's another law that has been passed on 2003 that it says a dual national can own as much land.. pls any help will be much appreciated!!! thanks alot
    You can own hectares

My friend in Holland is a dual citizen and she owned about 4 hectares or 40,000 square meters in Cavite.

We cannot afford to buy farmland in Sta Rosa
    Before (1980's) it cost only 500 pesos per sq. m, but these days, the cheapest is 5,000 pesos/sq. m
    Laguna Bel Air cost P10,000/ sq. m but in 1990's it only cost 5,000/sq. m.

Goodluck to your buying!

Hi te tnx for ur reply, yeah i know u can own about a hectare of farm land, but I just dont know if u could own a more than 1,000 sqm residential land? because the info we are getting just doesnt add up its so confusing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bagaholic View Post
    Hi te tnx for ur reply, yeah i know u can own about a hectare of farm land, but I just dont know if u could own a more than 1,000 sqm residential land? because the info we are getting just doesnt add up its so confusing.
    I don't know exactly about that but for sure, farmland can easily convertible into residential in Pinas.

As what my niece said you can only own 4 hectares of agricultural land and you can own many houses as you can.
    You can use proxy to put in the land title for another 4 hectares such as your sister or mother but you need also a writen document that state you own the land in seperate, to avoid trouble in the near future and both parties should sign it.
    My niece own 8 hectares of coconut farm and 3 houses.They rented the 2 and they got also another 4 hectares but its a (prenda) and if the owner cannot redeem at the time of the agreement they will just add an amount to it and considered it sold out.
    Regards,

Ping

Thread Information