Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well then that's good you offered ,has she ever asked for large amounts of money of expensive things ?

i've got 2 step kids, thou they are a lot younger than your g/fs, from the start they were included in our plans b4 we married. looks like you've both have not agreed on this yet. maybe you should ask her what she truly wants for her kids. as i've said maybe she is embarrassed to ask you to help support her kids.. so maybe your not being fooled
    She actually never asked for money, although she has made it clear from the start that as a widow with three children she needed to budget things but she never asked for anything.... and she showed me the invoice of the dermatologist on webcam!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    Last week I sent her 60.000 pesos to have age spots removed from her cheek with diamond laser peel by a dermatologist, so perhaps she thinks I print banknotes in the cellar......

Are you serious? I have a friend who performs diamond peels for the wealthy in Makati (the business district in Metro Manila) and those don't cost half of what you sent! And your lady friend lives in Davao (a place where the cost of living is lower). I'm honestly shocked that you fell for this hook, line and sinker.

Guys, please don't fall of the sob stories you hear (e.g. pawning stuff off? and diamond peels aren't necessities). It's quite saddening to read so many posts from guys who feel that they're helping when in fact they're only making things worse by continuing the notion that those women have that white men have all the money in the world and that it's only fair to share that money with every Tina, Donna and Laura that "needed" it.

Respected Member
    She actually never asked for money, although she has made it clear from the start that as a widow with three children she needed to budget things but she never asked for anything.... and she showed me the invoice of the dermatologist on webcam!
    I don't think the problem is that she's spending the money legitimately. I think its that you've given her so much money with no real structure to the relationship. To me, you've perceived this as a handout and are worried she'll come to expect more from you as a result of this. You may be right, you may be wrong.

But in my humble opinion throwing money around isn't going to help anybody, money is no foundation to build a relationship on

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post

Are you serious? I have a friend who performs diamond peels for the wealthy in Makati (the business district in Metro Manila) and those don't cost half of what you sent! And your lady friend lives in Davao (a place where the cost of living is lower). I'm honestly shocked that you fell for this hook, line and sinker.

Guys, please don't fall of the sob stories you hear (e.g. pawning stuff off? and diamond peels aren't necessities). It's quite saddening to read so many posts from guys who feel that they're helping when in fact they're only making things worse by continuing the notion that those women have that white men have all the money in the world and that it's only fair to share that money with every Tina, Donna and Laura that "needed" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt7 View Post
    But in my humble opinion throwing money around isn't going to help anybody, money is no foundation to build a relationship on

Very true!!!

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post

Agree to that, we mold the person who we want to be with
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

well a good point is her children are not children any more, the youngest is nearly 18, maybe she can get a job in France and use part of her wage to support her kids (that's what my misses does).

you just need to get her to talk about it, easier said than done thou

are you French or a Brit living in France ?

Chi si marita in fretta, stenta adagio,marry in haste repent at leisure,ask her whats the rush,you obviously dont feel comfortable at the speed its going hence the thread,maybe you should apply the brakes just enough to be in full control,but as I said earlier if your willing to accept a woman with baggage its your duty as a man to carry it for her when she tires.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    In my view it is not at all unreasonable for a woman to want to bring her children to where she will be living or at least to provide assitance to them. I'd be concerned about any woman that did not have the welfare of any kids she had in mind.

You mentioned that you have anxieties and your lady has also asserted the same. Clearly, she feels concerned that you might not be prepared to consider her unless she povides whatever asurances you made led her to believe you require. For her part, she would like to meet with you first so that you judge her on the basis of who she is and whatever chemistry exists rather than a rather impersonal alignment with a checklist of criteria.

That is how it appears to me. I dont think there is any direct evidence suggesting that she is a goldigger at all.
    I do not see her as a golddigger either but I found it surprising, to say the least, that she expressed reluctance to discuss something that might impact our common future if any, this on top of an obsession with fast marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well a good point is her children are not children any more, the youngest is nearly 18, maybe she can get a job in France and use part of her wage to support her kids (that's what my misses does).

you just need to get her to talk about it, easier said than done thou

are you French or a Brit living in France ?

I am a French living in France and I do not believe she can be successful on the job market at 50 with no knowledge of the language and in fact I doubt her children are interested in following her over here.....

I do not see her as a golddigger either but I found it surprising, to say the least, that she expressed reluctance to discuss something that might impact our common future if any, this on top of an obsession with fast marriage.
    Or maybe because she's already 50... that's why She might feel that time is GOLD

Last week I sent her 60.000 pesos to have age spots removed from her cheek with diamond laser peel by a dermatologist, so perhaps she thinks I print banknotes in the cellar......
    Diamond peel costs between P5K-P10K. This is done on 3 or 5 sessions. The P60K is so much for that even if she bought the recommended facial treatments to maintain the smooth clear skin w/c is nearly P20K, still i find it too much.
    So only age spots from her cheek was removed?... i can't tell how dark it is.... was it like a birthmark? Maybe the amount depends on how it is well rooted deep down the skin..... but P60K is too much!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Am i missing the point here?

In the email she sent you, it sounds like she is being realistically cautious.
    She's waiting to make plans, until you meet properly in person.

From some of your other posts Pacific, I've been getting the impression it's you who is keen to marry quickly?

You haven't met yet...you need to spend time together, a good amount of time, before you make any plans.

Caution has always been advised on this forum, about sending money, to someone you haven't met in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    Diamond peel costs between P5K-P10K. This is done on 3 or 5 sessions. The P60K is so much for that even if she bought the recommended facial treatments to maintain the smooth skin w/c is nearly P20K, still i find it too much.
    So only age spots from her cheek was removed?... i can't tell how dark it is.... was it like a birthmark? Maybe the amount depends on how it is well rooted deep down the skin..... but P60K is too much!
    Actually she quoted 5 x Ps. 8.000 sessions plus creams and ointment for a total of Ps. 58.000......

Actually she quoted 5 x Ps. 8.000 sessions plus creams and ointment for a total of Ps. 58.000......
    Did she send you her receipts? Maybe it depends who her dermatologist is.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    Did she send you her receipts? Maybe it depends who her dermatologist is.
    Hayden Kho

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post

From some of your other posts Pacific, I've been getting the impression it's you who is keen to marry quickly?

You haven't met yet...you need to spend time together, a good amount of time, before you make any plans.
    I do not think I would rush into a marriage especially after a very bad experience a few years ago....

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    QUOTE=Tawi2;160430]Hayden Kho [/QUOTE]

humm always being updated with the PI

have you watched then the careless whisper dance move
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hayden Kho
    I just got reminded of all the scandals involving him lately. Before Cory Aquino passed away, it seemed that all the major Philippine news sites had way too many Kho-Belo-*insert starlet here* articles.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    In my view it is not at all unreasonable for a woman to want to bring her children to where she will be living or at least to provide assitance to them. I'd be concerned about any woman that did not have the welfare of any kids she had in mind.

You mentioned that you have anxieties and your lady has also asserted the same. Clearly, she feels concerned that you might not be prepared to consider her unless she povides whatever asurances you made led her to believe you require. For her part, she would like to meet with you first so that you judge her on the basis of who she is and whatever chemistry exists rather than a rather impersonal alignment with a checklist of criteria.

That is how it appears to me. I dont think there is any direct evidence suggesting that she is a goldigger at all.
    I think i will agree to Kuya Toks

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Hayden Kho
    LOL
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

hi pacific, i had been following for post.. I am here at davao.. That diamond peel was quite expensive huh. What's the name of the clinic where she got it, I can make a call easy and ask..

Please ...please.. don't rush into something you'll regret later.

Banned

I bet this is more less what she has in mind but she also is not sure how deep I have swallowed the bait so far. She is very smart and even if she claims she loves me with passion I am sure she has something in mind for her children.
    Php 60,000 for a diamond peel??? In Davao??? where did she have it done??? Diamond peels don't cost that much.. I should know.. I just had one... I don't know but I smell something not nice with this...

What's her name? I'll be going home to Davao next week.. you want me to check her out??

First mistake Pacific, you sent her money.. and I'm guessing you haven't met her yet? oh boy oh boy oh boy ... you are in for one hell (oops) of a surprise!

Trust your instincts (for men it's gut feel) boy... if it tells you to be extra cautious, then be extra cautious... if she hates for that, then she doesn't deserve your love... any woman who isn't for the MONEY would appreciate the fact that you are taking it easy with the relationship and not rushing into marriage.. just means that you are taking things seriously.

She's acting like she's 16... I can't wait to meet her!! I'm very serious in meeting her on my trip home.. Let me know.. I can ask people to "investigate" for me... hehehe...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eagles View Post
    hi pacific, i had been following for post.. I am here at davao.. That diamond peel was quite expensive huh. What's the name of the clinic where she got it, I can make a call easy and ask..

Please ...please.. don't rush into something you'll regret later.
    Even if she had it done at Oroderm.. still wouldn't be that expensive... or maybe I'm wrong...

Pacific, I sincerely hope you're not digging your own grave here...

Eagles, ano beh.. where's my PM? Will be in Davao on the 7th and maybe until the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Even if she had it done at Oroderm.. still wouldn't be that expensive... or maybe I'm wrong...

Pacific, I sincerely hope you're not digging your own grave here...

Eagles, ano beh.. where's my PM? Will be in Davao on the 7th and maybe until the 16th.
    http://pds.org.ph/davao-medical-center/

The dermatologist is Karen Lee Alabado. Of course if you care to call there I ask you to be very careful as I would not want my gf to hear about that indirectly. It is my understanding that because my gf is just a government employee the derma was very curious how she would get the money and I believe she knows there's a western sucker behind....

Banned
    http://pds.org.ph/davao-medical-center/

The dermatologist is Karen Lee Alabado. Of course if you care to call there I ask you to be very careful as I would not want my gf to hear about that indirectly. It is my understanding that because my gf is just a government employee the derma was very curious how she would get the money and I believe she knows there's a western sucker behind....
    Got that... name sounds familiar...

Your gf is a government employee eh? which agency?

Got that... name sounds familiar...

Your gf is a government employee eh? which agency?
    DENR in Manang....

Banned
    and.. DMC is a government hospital.. it shouldn't be THAT expensive.. ayayay!!!

and.. DMC is a government hospital.. it shouldn't be THAT expensive.. ayayay!!!
    As I said before, she told me there were 5 sessions, one per month, Ps. 8000 each = 40.000 plus a set of creams and stuff: 18.000 so 58.000 and I made it 60.000. She also got an injection in her legs for prurigo but it should not be that much.... anyway if you actually found out I have been fooled on that specific issue that would change my vision of her as a respectable widow...

Banned
    DENR in Manang....
    You mean Lanang?

You mean Lanang?
    Yes, sorry. Lanang, Km. 7....

Banned
    This picture was taken after the diamond peel sessions? This isn't her office right as this shows Nabunturan...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information