Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

CORAZON AQUINO dies

(AP) Former President Corazon Aquino, who swept away a dictator with a "people power" revolt and then sustained democracy by fighting off seven coup attempts in six years, died on Saturday, her son said. She was 76.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5202758.shtml

Rest In Peace.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Banned
    Sorry to hear

The woman who helped us to sack Ferdinand

deepest sympathy to the aquino's family
    all things are possible!

I am deeply saddened by this news..My sympathy and condolences to the Aquino Family. The filipino people are really in state of mourning now because we lost an Icon, the person who helped us to have our democracy..

r.i.p

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Rest In Peace.
    Sorry to hear that.Its so sad.Rest in Peace.

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar

She will be remembered...

EDSA 1, a historical event that had put the country to unite and fight for the dictatorial regime in a very peaceful war. I am so proud of her courage and her fate. Hoping that another president will put each and every Filipino to unite and help to fight against corruption.
    There once was a girl that believed in mankind, that there was still honor and chivalry that existed in everyone of us. She also believed that everyone deserves a chance to prove oneself individually and hoped that the courtesy would be returned. That girl is dead now, and all that is left is her shadow. To give one a chance to prove thyself is a chance for you to become dwindled in the dissappointment.

yes former president aquino dead at 5am today after they pray of the last mysteryshe is ready to take a rest of her life coz she fight herself to survive on the colon cancershe is happy coz many peoples supporting prayers to her suitution when she is in hospital 5weeks.president obbama and ambassador mac donald and other head position in any countries they have message for the former president.There family be thankful to all the supporters of her mums.

Respected Member
    Atleast she's in a better place now, no more suffering and no more pain....may she rest in peace.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    i cried when I learned of her passing... I was one of those who rallied and shouted "Cory Cory"... when the Marcoses fled from the Philippines... I didn't understand it then.. I was 6 years old... and then I watched the Edsa Revolution documentary.. that started my interest in government and politics... I can say that she and Edsa Revolution made me feel proud to be Pinoy...

Rest in peace Tita Cory.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    i cried when I learned of her passing... I was one of those who rallied and shouted "Cory Cory"... when the Marcoses fled from the Philippines... I didn't understand it then.. I was 6 years old... and then I watched the Edsa Revolution documentary.. that started my interest in government and politics... I can say that she and Edsa Revolution made me feel proud to be Pinoy...

Rest in peace Tita Cory.

I was there too..
    But back on the day they voted I used to drink coffee in a Malati side street..I had been doing the same for about 6 months every morning.
    There was always a beggar that laid on the other side of the street absolutely caked in jeep fumes and other stuff(I think he lived on this piece of pavement) .
    His cup always looked empty as he obviously wasn't a very popular beggar.
    On this day he must have been sleeping as his cup was overflowing with coins given by the voters on their way to the polls.. One guy knelt down and tried to wake him so that he could give him a 50PHP note...But the begger would not wake.
    In the end he opened the sleeping mans hand and put the note there closing his hand to secure the note, wiped away a tear and continued on his way..
    As I was finishing my coffee I noticed the hand start to open..Eventually the 50 Peso note was blown from his hand and into the road gutter.
    Polling day and peoples power came too late for this particular Filipino and I never saw him again.

Thread Information