Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile Already married since 2006 but still looking for more "philippine input"

Hi everybody!

Despite being a German living in Germany with my Filipina wife there´s also a British connection for us !
    My sister in-law married a guy from Milton Keynes and finally moved to the UK to join her husband earlier this year ...

I´m a bit surprised there seem to be only relatively few forums related to the Philippines in general (in English language).
    (in Germany we have around 4-5 actually which seems to be a lot - in comparison)

Unfortunately Bob Lingerfeldt´s excellent "Asawa" forum (USA) was shut down some time ago !
    Which left me with filipinouk finally ...
    (i can imagine there are forums in Australia but never got to see one yet ... )

So, as i was looking out for forums other than in German language i stumbled over filipinouk eventually.

Seems to be hard finding filipino forums in English language for me...

Although i was already aware of filipinouk for some time i finally decided to join just today!
    Probably my main contributions will be in the "travel-section" - airline related in particular - ...

Banned
    ooooo... travel! that's great.... welcome here... Mabuhay!

Banned
    Hi, warm welcome to you, enjoy the forum

Welcome here!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    Hi everybody!

Despite being a German living in Germany with my Filipina wife there´s also a British connection for us !
    My sister in-law married a guy from Milton Keynes and finally moved to the UK to join her husband earlier this year ...

I´m a bit surprised there seem to be only relatively few forums related to the Philippines in general (in English language).
    (in Germany we have around 4-5 actually which seems to be a lot - in comparison)

Unfortunately Bob Lingerfeldt´s excellent "Asawa" forum (USA) was shut down some time ago !
    Which left me with filipinouk finally ...
    (i can imagine there are forums in Australia but never got to see one yet ... )

So, as i was looking out for forums other than in German language i stumbled over filipinouk eventually.

Seems to be hard finding filipino forums in English language for me...

Although i was already aware of filipinouk for some time i finally decided to join just today!
    Probably my main contributions will be in the "travel-section" - airline related in particular - ...
    Wilkommen....

Baden Wurttenberg..... Die kenne ich gut.......

welcome to the forum, MHG.

Banned
    Welcome MHG

What part of Germany are you?

I have close friend in Dormunt and Kassel.

hiya!MHG,welcome aboard

Thanks for welcoming me !

Just wondering how long it takes for the admin to accept my postings and when i will be granted "full rights status".
    It is at least for me an unusual procedure to have initial postings checked by an admin/moderator before they´re published !
    Maybe the mods/admin have some "bad" experience that made them impose such rigid rules - but i don´t mind too much!!!
    I understand that a bit of caution is sometimes neccessary by those who run a forum!

Of course i am usually active in a few German-Filipino forums and since i´m a "longtime" and regular poster there i don´t have to face such a restriction !

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Welcome MHG

What part of Germany are you?

I have close friend in Dormunt and Kassel.
    I live between Heidelberg and Mannheim (85kms/50mi south of Frankfurt).
    Next airport is Mannheim hence my nick "MHG" which is the three-letter-code for Mannheim City Airport ...
    Still Frankfurt is within easy reach (50 mins by car without traffic)

Dortmund and Kassel are both in opposite the direction (north) from Frankfurt and even more distant from FRA.

Banned
    Thanks for welcoming me !

Just wondering how long it takes for the admin to accept my postings and when i will be granted "full rights status".
    It is at least for me an unusual procedure to have initial postings checked by an admin/moderator before they´re published !
    Maybe the mods/admin have some "bad" experience that made them impose such rigid rules - but i don´t mind too much!!!
    I understand that a bit of caution is sometimes neccessary by those who run a forum!

Of course i am usually active in a few German-Filipino forums and since i´m a "longtime" and regular poster there i don´t have to face such a restriction !
    It is not personal, don't worry, every newbie is subject to some controls in the first few posts.
    We do get some muppets that do not respect our Terms and Conditions and tend to post adverts, spam, unwarranted links, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. generally time wasters.

After about 15/20 posts, you will be able to post links without having to be in the moderating queue.
    Any advertising has to be agreed with Admin in advance.

Read the T&C, and enjoy the site.

Welcome again.

Respected Member
    welcome to the forum
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Welcome to the forum, MHG.

Hi everybody!

We're pleased to have you in our ranks. Welcome! Looking at your location, I'm immediately reminded of 'The Student Prince' and Mario Lanza's famous rendering, "When it's Summertime in Heidelberg" ...

... I only wish we could have some 'summer' [weather] here for a change!

MHG, welcome
    "Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city"...
    (Psalm 31:21)

Thread Information