Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is all goobledegook to me

Ok Boss, inclined now to do it as a start I registered Hubpage already,then followed Ebay account and paypal account
    I'm just waiting for my bank confirmation from post that I applied last wednesday via phone
    Seems I will have a life soon
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

It depends on the keywords, I'm making more on it from Ebay than Adsense , although I haven't done any work on it for 2 weeks.

If anyone wants 100% FREE links, use this http://www.commentkahuna.com/116885/ Some folk sell similar software for $99
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

In order for people & search engines to find your site you need back links, back links and more back links. Get Article Post Robot for posting articles to 500+ directories, and Mass Article Control for rewriting, don't pay a submission service. Rewriting should be 15%+

You can use DupeFreePro for a full rewrite to about 40%, before running off varied copies in Mass Article Control for submission.

Once you have submitted your homepage, submit different articles for you sub-pages, and keep going.....

Newbie (Restricted Access) korki's Avatar
    right now i am learning SEO also since i think need to and based from what i see it is mostly making backlinks

Quote Originally Posted by korki View Post
    right now i am learning SEO also since i think need to and based from what i see it is mostly making backlinks
    Keywords and backlinks, and backlink text with keywords Don't expect quick results, it can take around 3 months for search engines to settle down with your site.

Banned
    Content is king. Write original interesting content regularly and people will always find your site. backlinks will then follow naturally.

Banned
    This one is mind-blowing! I am grateful for this piece of advice!

One of my sidelines is selling images of Liverpool to graphic designers, publishers and the leisure and tourism trade. If you type "Liverpool images" in google.co.uk, I'm top in over 18 million results, type "liverpool photographer" and I'm often top, but always on the first page of results. SEO is something I've had an interest in for years.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davey View Post
    One of my sidelines is selling images of Liverpool to graphic designers, publishers and the leisure and tourism trade. If you type "Liverpool images" in google.co.uk, I'm top in over 18 million results, type "liverpool photographer" and I'm often top, but always on the first page of results. SEO is something I've had an interest in for years.
    So do you get a lot of sales?

Your Flickr site is much better than your www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk site in my opinion but I do understand that you have quite extensive coverage of the city and obviously that will attract some interest, it's like you are your own stock library.

Personally I would drop the HDR stuff I don't think it improves the shots and a lot of the Liverpool shots have very limited dynamic range to start with, there are a lot of good ones but some very average ones too.

Your Flickr site on the other hand has some truly superb images!

Quote Originally Posted by JimOttley View Post
    So do you get a lot of sales?

Your Flickr site is much better than your www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk site in my opinion but I do understand that you have quite extensive coverage of the city and obviously that will attract some interest, it's like you are your own stock library.

Personally I would drop the HDR stuff I don't think it improves the shots and a lot of the Liverpool shots have very limited dynamic range to start with, there are a lot of good ones but some very average ones too.

Your Flickr site on the other hand has some truly superb images!
    Thanks Jim. Do you have any images online? It's always nice to see where you're coming from. I don't do HDR, by the way.

Respected Member
    My apologies if I was wrong on the HDR stuff but some of your post processing has that look.

I don't purport to be a great photographer, I'm not, I did work in the industry as an Industrial Photographer some 25 years ago but that part of my life is long gone, I am just an enthusiastic amateur these days.

As I said you have some great stuff on Flickr.

My apologies if I was wrong on the HDR stuff but some of your post processing has that look.

I don't purport to be a great photographer, I'm not, I did work in the industry as an Industrial Photographer some 25 years ago but that part of my life is long gone, I am just an enthusiastic amateur these days.

As I said you have some great stuff on Flickr.
    Do you have any images of the Liverpool that's long gone Jim? I'm fascinated with stuff like that. Thanks for the comments about my Flickr pics. I've just uploaded a few more of the Orange Lodge and a view from our window in the Jurys Inn Hotel http://www.flickr.com/photos/liverpoolpictorial/

Respected Member
    I'm a Scot I got landed here against my own will a couple of years back, I have plenty of images of the west coast of Scotland (printed currently not scanned) going back 45 years but nothing down here I'm afraid.

Do you have any images of the Liverpool that's long gone Jim?
    You mean pre-Benitez era

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You mean pre-Benitez era

Respected Member
    Do you have any images of the Liverpool that's long gone Jim? I'm fascinated with stuff like that. Thanks for the comments about my Flickr pics. I've just uploaded a few more of the Orange Lodge and a view from our window in the Jurys Inn Hotel http://www.flickr.com/photos/liverpoolpictorial/
    I have no interest in the Orange Lodge, bad enough in Glasgow but everything from "Cigs and Coffee" to "New Bulbs" I really like and I particularly like "Maritime Greenwich" and "Feeding the Pigeons", that one is is heart rending :(

So it's been nearly a year now with the Hubpage articles. Now to be honest I moved onto other money making techniques to test as I already knew Hubpages would make money in the long term. Having just checked my Adsense account they make about £10 a month. Not a lot some folk would say for 25 articles, but about half of the articles were not actually unique, it is the unique ones making money. I also never really included any inbound links to them to move them up in the search engines.

Anyway, the bottom line is this. It doesn't take long writing unique articles, you could easily knock out 10+ a day if you're just sitting at home. So by the time you've done 250 hubpages put out a few backlinks to them after 2-3 months you're income could be £100+ a month. Some people on Hubpages have 1000's of article pages.

If I'd have just stuck to Hubpages and nothing else, put up 10 articles a day, 5 days a week for the last year, that'd be about 2,500 pages I'd have, and bringing in about £1000 a month

Remember, this is set and forget. Once you're page is done and active, that's it.... you just leave it. Add the page to ALL the Web 2.0 sites for backlinks.

So it's been nearly a year now with the Hubpage articles. Now to be honest I moved onto other money making techniques to test as I already knew Hubpages would make money in the long term. Having just checked my Adsense account they make about £10 a month. Not a lot some folk would say for 25 articles, but about half of the articles were not actually unique, it is the unique ones making money. I also never really included any inbound links to them to move them up in the search engines.

Anyway, the bottom line is this. It doesn't take long writing unique articles, you could easily knock out 10+ a day if you're just sitting at home. So by the time you've done 250 hubpages put out a few backlinks to them after 2-3 months you're income could be £100+ a month. Some people on Hubpages have 1000's of article pages.

If I'd have just stuck to Hubpages and nothing else, put up 10 articles a day, 5 days a week for the last year, that'd be about 2,500 pages I'd have, and bringing in about £1000 a month

Remember, this is set and forget. Once you're page is done and active, that's it.... you just leave it. Add the page to ALL the Web 2.0 sites for backlinks.
    £1000 per month, would be enough to live comfortably in the Philippines.

I've written a couple of ezine articles before & I know I need to write a lot more, for my SEO, (I know you're talking about adsense here) but I find articles quite hard to write?...Wish I could knock them out.

What do you mean by 2.0 sites?...sorry, but I'm a bit of a thicko, got a lot to learn.

Web 2.0.... Facebook, MySpace, Stumble Upon, Digg.,.. etc....

Articles are simple if you know how .... I use the following:
    The Best Article Spinner - You use it to quickly rewrite other peoples articles.
    Instant Article Wizard Pro - Helps you quickly bang together an article.
    Instant Article Factory - Already has 1/2 the article done for you, just fill in the gaps.
    Answer Analyst - Very handy for targetting a specific subject.

Web 2.0.... Facebook, MySpace, Stumble Upon, Digg.,.. etc....

Articles are simple if you know how .... I use the following:
    The Best Article Spinner - You use it to quickly rewrite other peoples articles.
    Instant Article Wizard Pro - Helps you quickly bang together an article.
    Instant Article Factory - Already has 1/2 the article done for you, just fill in the gaps.
    Answer Analyst - Very handy for targetting a specific subject.
    Aha!...Thank you very much...Salamat!
    Will look into all of those. I've been meaning to write more, so that will be a big help.

I have no interest in the Orange Lodge, bad enough in Glasgow but everything from "Cigs and Coffee" to "New Bulbs" I really like and I particularly like "Maritime Greenwich" and "Feeding the Pigeons", that one is is heart rending :(
    Cheers Jim. BTW, I was wearing a lime green shirt when I took shots of the Lodge. No wonder I got no smiles

Thanks for the advice Keith. I've never heard of hubpages before. I tried the SEO link that you have on this site and found I have 1891 backlinks.

Dupe Free Pro is ... free.... and is handy for rewriting PLR articles. You need to make sure they are changed 30%+ .... but these are no good for Hubpages though.

I wrote an article in about 10mins yesterday (in fact I done 3 all day), and fired it off to over 400 article sites, each site getting a 30% different article

I confess I did not read a lot about the subject, but when I looked into SEO online, they always mentioned links to be cruicial. However it seemed the idea was to always have a facebook, digg, myspace page (etc etc) with the links included. I was under the impression also that if you ram a page with too many keywords (that were the same) google would not give the website as high a position.

I only looked into SEO as I was going to start an online business. Cracking domain name, but just did not find the time for it. I guess in truth I had no passion. With no passion, the business never would have worked.

Google doesn't penalise sites unless they are using blackhat techniques. Too many keywords, duplicate content, etc don't effect your site. Relevant backlinks get more juice than non-relevant, but numbers of any can have you overtake your competitors.

Respected Member
    hmmmm...i can smell the words "rich" and "billionaire" here

wanna get my sizes and what i want for xmas?
    Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

The boy dun good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKsVSBhSwJg

from a bad situation

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    To all businessmen,

Pardon my innocence but please guide me. I just registered myself on bloggers and had written an article that I saved for now. I didn't publish yet because I am not certain if I should register or apply with any advertising network with the likes of adsense by google or yahoo etc. Should I register with them first before publishing my article or publish it first, have a subscriber or clients then register. Please help!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Fellow bloggers,
    Just a quick tip, please. I wrote an article already but did not post it yet coz I'm not certain if posting should go first before registering to any advertising network such a adsense by google, adbrite etc or the other ay around. Am I supposed to establish subscriber first before registering?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information