Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar

Post British detained in the Philippines

Hello everyone,

Im Charlene Taylor, wife of Kevin Taylor from Wiltshire UK. Im joing this site to seek help from the British community in the Philippines for my husband whose illegally arrested and detained more than 60 days now.

You may follow my site to know the story...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thumbs up British illegally detained in the Philippines

To all foreigners living in the Philippines, be careful and not to be a victim of organised crime facilitated by CIDG. My husband kevin Taylor was illegally arrested and detained for more than two months now. These group of individuals who are same responsible in arresting my husband had arrested many foreigners in the Philippines and would charged you of anything they would think off if you will not give them millions.

You may read the full story of his arrest and ordeal at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A letter of a wife....

Dear Everyone,
    I am Charlene Caballes, 30 years old and a mother of six young children a live-in partner of Kevin Taylor 43 years old and British National who is currently detained at San Mateo Municipal City Jail. I am writing this to ask help from anyone to assist us on my husband’s case as he was arrested illegally and being held for more than a month now. Kevin Taylor together with my three other staff were arrested last 15th of May at around 5:30 in the afternoon by the CIDG-TFAIR for alleged “Illegal Recruitment”. However, we are complaining as the said arrest was illegal. The CIDG conducted an entrapment operation at my office. The following are our argument for such entrapment:
    “Pursuant to the 2008 Revised Manual for prosecutors of the Department of Justice, the first duty of the investigating inquest prosecutor is to first determine if the arrest of the detained person was made in accordance with paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) of Section 5, Rule 113 of the Revised Rules on Criminal procedure which provided that the arrests without warrant maybe effected.”
    a. When in the presence of the arresting officer, the person to be arrested has committed, is actually committing, or is attempting to commit an offense; or
    b. When an offense has in fact just been committed, and the arresting officer has probable cause to believe, based on personal knowledge of facts or circumstances, the person to be arrested has committed it; or
    c. When the person to be arrested is a prisoner who has escaped from a penal establishment.
    The Entrapment was facilitated by CIDG-TFAIR who have entered my office together with my previous client to which failed an English Test (TOEIC) which a part of our services to attain proper evaluation and assessment for their VISA application. The guy was insisting on paying for his retake to one of my secretary, but because he is not scheduled for such retake he was refused to pay his retake fee. He then went to my cashier and again insisted on paying the said fee, as then again he was refused. He dropped the money on the table and my secretary argued and picked the money to return to him. As soon as she picked the said cash, one of the agents from CIDG shouted that we are arrested. The guy who shouted was at my other secretary inquiring about our services. Due to this, my secretary went to my classroom in tears and have told me of the said problem. I went to the reception area where it happened and asked the officer why we are being arrested and also I asked for any WARRANT OF ARREST and Searched WARRANT. Instead of answering me he shouted and told me to sit together with my employees. They started taking things from our drawers and tables and have not showed any warrant to us. After this, my husband came in to the office and was surprised of what is happening. Together with our guard he asked why we are being panicking and the staff were crying. One of the officers told him also to shut up and sit with me. After an hour they brought us to Camp Crame. I was asking them why we have not seen any warrant and why we are being arrested. I even insisted on the fact that if there is a complaint against my office, since I am the owner, I should be invited for investigation and they should released my staff and especially Kevin and the guard as they were outside the office when the entrapment happened. No one bothered talking to me that night, one of the police said that we will be released soon after the investigation. I waited with my husband and my staff until 10:00 in the evening and we were told that there is no Fiscal available and we must be detained until the next day. Around 11:00PM I was told I must go home and not to worry about my husband and my staff. I do not want to leave that time as I knew that if I leave Kevin in there as he is a foreigner many abuses will happened. But they insisted to me that I should not worry and go home as I am heavily pregnant that time. Kevin also told me to go home. From then on I have not seen my husband any more. From the time I was sent home people had been asking money from me to pay out people, but then Kevin and I doesn’t have any money as it was to big besides we do not want to pay off people as we believe that we are innocent.
    From Camp Crame, Kevin was transferred in San Mateo City Jail last June 19th. It is very difficult at that City Jail as I was told Kevin was placed together with 83 Filipino prisoners in a very small cell. He has to pay Ph 1,000 for a protection money and pay extra for the bed, used of toilet and bath, etc. Since he was transferred Kevin had been complaining of many HUMAN RIGHTS abuses against him. He is not allowed to contact his embassy nor receive a call from them. He is always threatened by guards and in mates. He is not allowed to have an exercise or even have a time to be out for sunlight. All his letters are read by guards.
    Since May 15, I have sold everything from our house from furniture to appliances and even to curtains to get funds for the case and have money to pay lawyers. I have to pay people for Kevin’s protection at the detention center and now at the city jail. Kevin had been complaining about his medical condition many times but the guard said he is not allowed to see a doctor. He has suffered few weeks ago a mild heart attack due to all these. I have in contact with the embassy and FCO to assist him and check the details of his arrest as it is illegal. I repeatedly insisting on the Human Rights violations against Kevin, but we were told they cannot help him that much as their role is only limited. I am begging everyone to please do not let Kevin rot in jail as because no one had made any effort on checking the arrest and monitored a fair trial for him. I am asking people to have a heart for a man and a father to get a proper justice he deserves.
    I know that my time is limited as I am due to be detained too. I knew I will be arrested soon as I was not able to produce the money that they were asking me. Help Kevin, help us please. I beg all of you to help us to fight for our rights.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im broke,so good luck!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

A good Philippine lawyer and the British Embassy are the only ones who can help......unless you want us to start digging a tunnel
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    it is best to contact the British Embassy yourself as I believe that there is a legal counsel available for their citizens.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    To all foreigners living in the Philippines, be careful and not to be a victim of organised crime facilitated by CIDG. My husband kevin Taylor was illegally arrested and detained for more than two months now. These group of individuals who are same responsible in arresting my husband had arrested many foreigners in the Philippines and would charged you of anything they would think off if you will not give them millions.

You may read the full story of his arrest and ordeal at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    oh so sad to hear your story, I'm not sure if I can help
    I've been to SAn Mateo Rizal and stayed for a couple of years there (when i was studying College) reminds me about the SMR Municipal Hall as i rememebr it was located near the Plaza and the church coz my Aunt been working there but not anymore she was transfered at Provincial Capitol (Pasig) already, her late husband was a GOverment Official (BOard MEmber) and i knew some staff there (From office of the Mayor) but I'm not sure if they are still working there coz that was last 2000

IF that will be ok, I'll be glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    it is best to contact the British Embassy yourself as I believe that there is a legal counsel available for their citizens.
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

can u sum up your husband case for easy to understand

oh tawi2 need to find my specs now

Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im Charlene Taylor, wife of Kevin Taylor from Wiltshire UK. Im joing this site to seek help from the British community in the Philippines for my husband whose illegally arrested and detained more than 60 days now.

You may follow my site to know the story...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    what he done wrong why he had been arrested, whats the main reason ?
    all things are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Have you phoned the NBI hotline?The NBI is independent from the criminal investigation and detection group,give them a call,outline your story,visit the Brit Embassy,they cant refuse a visit at Camp crame,if your running a recruitment business you already know this however,if your a recruitment owner dont you have to put up a cash bond of 2 million pesos or a similar sum in a holding account or escrow account before your POEA licence what was or is the name of the company please?
    i agree with tawi2, an escrow account is needed before your license is issued. what happened to your bond? i use to work in a recruitment agency and i have never encountered such situation before. i am also not sure about the procedures etc but i do hope you'll get over this soon. it must be pretty awful. i could ask around though
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    i agree with tawi2, an escrow account is needed before your license is issued. what happened to your bond? i use to work in a recruitment agency and i have never encountered such situation before. i am also not sure about the procedures etc but i do hope you'll get over this soon. it must be pretty awful. i could ask around though
    oops, sorry. i didn't know that tawi2 has posted your situation. good luck and i hope you'll find the help you need.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Sorry aphrodite I just read this,its NOT a recruitment agency

Taylors is not a RECRUITMENT AGENCY, we do not hire but instead we assist them in getting proper documentations needed to attain better employment opporunity abroad.

But I do know a "Talent trainer" who used to recruit girls for japan,train them to sing and dance then pass them on to a legal recruiter in manila,but the talent-trainer was already commiting an offence as by training and promising them a job in Japan he could be construed as an illegal recruiter,its complex as you know Didnt the lawyer immediately contact the british embassy as soon as a british national was arrested
    i agree with you there, they are all over. some talent-trainer or a "scout" also charge a fee in referring them to the recruitment agency and yes they should be prosecuted. i am just baffled with the situation. it is really complicated and didn't know that you could place/recruit and charge a fee and still you are not called a recruitment agency (maybe a consultancy agency?). it's really complicated

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    i agree with you there, they are all over. some talent-trainer or a "scout" also charge a fee in referring them to the recruitment agency and yes they should be prosecuted. i am just baffled with the situation. it is really complicated and didn't know that you could place/recruit and charge a fee and still you are not called a recruitment agency (maybe a consultancy agency?). it's really complicated
    when i said prosecuted i didn't meant you charlene it's those who are promising job order but there isn't really one and still manage to charge a fee, i hope you get the help you need, it must be really hard and devastating specially you got kids. i am not in the position to give you an advice or judge you. i am sure you really wanted to help filipinos in securing better life by helping them to find a job in abroad. i hope you get thru this, the problem is our system in the philippines is really complicated and there is a lot of loop holes.

More than 400 aspiring Filipino migrants complained to authorities that they were fooled by a recruitment agency owned by a British national and his Filipino wife.

i didn't know that it was a lot. thanks tawi2 for that.

she told me that they are charging her “applicants” 6T plus for the fees for the classes – preparation classes for the IELTS, TOEIC, etc.
    Are they a technical vocational school,a review centre?If so did they have a licence from the DECS or TESDA
    they call it review centre we use to run one but it is inside the recruitment agency so we called it an in-house review center as it is only provided for applicants who are being processed (with employment offer), it is free of charge and our foreign client pays for the trainers' wages etc, they didn't require us special license or accreditation for that. that was 5 years ago (gosh i feel quite old saying that), not too sure now if you need to have an accreditation to run a review center. frankly speaking the fact there is money involved there should be a governing body responsible for overseeing it.

so they are fake
    all things are possible!

So it must be a recruitment agency if it had a review center inside?
    that's why i was really baffled and confused though i am saying this based on my experience. some recruitment agencies got an in-house review centers. her firm does a lot and she said she got license, i don't know what license is that, it wasn't specified in her post or her story. does that license gives her firm a right to charge a fee?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information