Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    If you have a licence your allowed to collect a fee,but to be honest if you have one complainant,two complainants,even ten complainants then it could just be minor things,but if you have FOUR HUNDRED complainants then something smells a little fishy Best analogy,get a jigsaw puzzle,its a mass of broken pieces,interlock them all you see a picture forming,slot in the last piece and everything falls into place,you see it in its entireity,a picture is forming You do need a licence for any review centre Theres many sections but I did an online check and you do need one

[EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 566]
    September 08, 2006

DIRECTING THE COMMISSION ON HIGHER EDUCATION TO REGULATE THE ESTABLISHMENT AND OPERATION OF REVIEW CENTERS AND SIMILAR ENTITIES

WHEREAS, the State is mandated to protect the right of all citizens to quality education at all levels at all levels and shall take appropriate steps to make education accessible to all, pursuant to Section 1, Article XIV of the1987 Constitution;

WHEREAS, the State has the obligation to ensure and promote quality education through the proper supervision and regulation of the licensure examinations given through the various Boards of Examiners under the Professional Regulation Commission;

WHEREAS, the lack of regulatory framework for the establishment and operation of review centers and similar entities.......................etc
    thanks for the info tawi2, no wonder why i didn't know or not aware of this because it's like 5 (ish) years ago since i was last employed in a recruitment agency. way back that time it wasn't regulated. hmmm definitely there is another side of the story.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

I would be lying if I said I had never met an illegal recruiter,not that I am saying Mr & Mrs Taylor are engaged in such a despicable activity,but 400 individuals complaining?Lets just say theres no smoke without fire The story was reported on ABS-CBN so somehow I cant see the british embassy staff being denied a visit Moral of the story?Honesty is the best policy
    correct!
    all things are possible!

Thumbs up

I would be lying if I said I had never met an illegal recruiter,not that I am saying Mr & Mrs Taylor are engaged in such a despicable activity,but 400 individuals complaining?Lets just say theres no smoke without fire The story was reported on ABS-CBN so somehow I cant see the british embassy staff being denied a visit Moral of the story?Honesty is the best policy
    i totally agree. that's very well said.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by britishdetained View Post
    Hello everyone,

Im Charlene Taylor, wife of Kevin Taylor from Wiltshire UK. Im joing this site to seek help from the British community in the Philippines for my husband whose illegally arrested and detained more than 60 days now.

You may follow my site to know the story...
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hello charlene, i'm sorry to hear about your situation now....
    Anyway, as everyone said here already, seek help from the british embassy if they will accomodate you and get a good lawyer.......
    best of luck to you both...
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Hi charlene am sorry for what have you been through at this moment in time.Please dont lose hope and pray to God that things will get better soon.
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

What sort of visa does your partner have? is there an underlying reason why the embassy seem dis-interested?
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    Have you phoned the NBI hotline?The NBI is independent from the criminal investigation and detection group,give them a call,outline your story,visit the Brit Embassy,they cant refuse a visit at Camp crame,if your running a recruitment business you already know this however,if your a recruitment owner dont you have to put up a cash bond of 2 million pesos or a similar sum in a holding account or escrow account before your POEA licence what was or is the name of the company please?
    Yeah, but honestly we are not a recruitment agency...we are only a consultancy. we do not hire people to be employed we just sort their visa

Consultancy agencies often are a cover or guise for illegal recruiters sadly aphrodite I found charlene selling her household goods on Sulit,why not just use the bond instead There are a few indescrepancies in the story,charlene is your name Taylor or Caballes theres always two sides to every story Heres a link for legal aid in Pinas,good luck

http://forums.gov.ph/thread.asp?rootID=120659&catID=23
    Actually we do not have bond money as that is only for a recruitment agency...we only assist on the visa, even my company's money was taken by the police. all our accounts were confiscated then the next day all atm accounts were emptied also

It is one or two isnt it like I said,always more than one side to any story,you just got to look a little harder for the other side sometimes

I am the sister of CHARLENE TAYLOR, one of those being accused for large scale illegal recruitment. I would like to point out that there are some unverified “facts” from this report, and being a journalist myself, I find this very disturbing and unfair on my family, especially on my sister who is due to deliver her baby anytime this week. When I came home on February 2009, I came to visit her “new office and new business” in San Mateo, Rizal. Based on my queries with my sister, she put up the “business” late last year only (last quarter of the year), and you could further check this by obtaining a copy of her business license, which also happens to be posted in their office in Banaba, San Mateo, Rizal. Thus, to say that the “victims” have paid her one year ago, is an outright lie.
    Also, from my queries with my sister, she told me that they are charging her “applicants” 6T plus for the fees for the classes – preparation classes for the IELTS, TOEIC, etc. Both my sister and my brother-in-law, Kevin Taylor, also conduct the classes. She further told me that they are not charging any placement fees, since as I have reiterated to her before, there is no way she could charge such fees since her business is NOT A RECRUITMENT AGENCY. I am an OFW myself, and I believe that it is a great crime to do illegal recruitment. I have vehemently expressed this sentiment to my sister during my vacation in February, and she explained to me the nature of her business. Honestly, I do not know the extent of the applicants’ complaints: n time, and if they are indeed illegal recruiters, I don’t see any point why they do not need to charge for placement fees and pay the government with taxes monthly. If it is indeed true that Ms. Marie came out to help the victims, then how come she spent few more months in the office and gained from her position? She is my sister’s immediate assistant and she knows a lot on the nature of the business. In fact, she often oversees and covers for my sister whenever my ate is out of town. How come that she suddenly became the victim’s ally now? If Ms. Marie could recall, in February 2009, my sister had some issues with one of her agents, who “recruited” some people and charged them around 10T, without my sister knowing it. My sister filed a complaint on that person and............................so it goes on
    Actually that is why we also complained against the ABSCBN as they were saying we have 400 applicants wnd that we already existed a year now I got a permit as well from the TESDA about my review center and we are Afflitialed with Hopkins International for the TOEIC test. Imagine all the permits I got are legitimate

So it must be a recruitment agency if it had a review center inside?
    Its not a recruitment agency, we sort the visa for filipinos who are applying work visa, one of the requirements is that you must be a passer of IELTS or TOEIC. Since Kevin and I are teachers and most of our clients are in a limited budget we coordinated with Hopkins so the fees will be discounted. Hopkins International and the British Counsil are ligitimate Test centers and we are affiliates with them. We are the one paying half of their charges so that we can help our clients with their fees. Not because you review them for free to take the ENGLISH test in a Legitimate testing centers...you are a recruitment agency. Those who were interviewed by the ABSCBN even got their refunds few weeks before they planned to blackmail us. We give then refunds if they failed the test as no way we can help them. You can visit our website to know how we operate and what we do for the clients. All those who complained got their money already. Now that the arraignment is near only two complaints were left as the others already back out and signed an affidavit infront of the fiscal stating that what they said on their complaints isnt true. If WE ARE ILLEGAL RECRUITERS how was it I only charge my clients less than 10K and it is even a refundable. I have all my BIR permits, and all necessary permits that can be used and needed to operate a business. Now that there is no complainants left the case should be dismissed but why it is not yet? If we are illegal recruiters why do I have refunds...if im a recruitment agency by providing ENGLISH REVIEW CENTER does it mean all other REVIEW CENTERS in the Philippines are as well recruitment?

Our fees is only for processing, we do not charge placement fee as we dont employ people. A processing fee is allowed for a consultancy like ours. We charge them P8000 plus 12 % as we are VAT registered by the BIR. These processing fee is used for the services we offered. We have a refund policy it means that when you failed the required exam that the embassy requires you to take we return the money as we cannot help them since we are for the VISA application and the LMO approval that needs QUALIFIED applicants. Having a review center for an English examination does not qualify you to be a recruitement agency. We have permits to be a review center...being a consultancy we must facilitate with all the requirement in attaining proper visa and one of that is IELTS/TOEIC. We applied for a review center permit in able for us to minimise the fees that they will be paying out side. If you would check the review centers on how much they are charging that would cost them 20K but with us we made it less than 10K and that even includes their exam. Those who were interviewed by the ABSCBN are those who got their money back . Why they need to complain? Its because as soon as the client fails their test I have to return their money and we cannot assist them any longer. The two former employees are those who are facing a charge of QUALIFIED THIEFT as before they made these things MAY4 they were asked to explain why they are stealing money from the office. The entrapment happened May 15, if they think we are recruitment agency they should have resigned before why only after they were questioned on the Financial anomaly? It is sad that its very easy to judged me when in fact I have stated all the facts and even they cannot prove that we are recruiting. If they are legitimate complainants why they need to lie that we are more than a year now when in fact we only started late September.

About the arrest, well a warrantless arrest must be ONLY applicable to those who were at the area of the entrapment. Kevin and I were not there. Lastly, the court recognised only 3 complainants, but then they already signed for affidavit of desistance two weeks ago. but why the case is not yet dismissed?

im sorry BUT WE DO NOT HAVE 400 COMPLAINANTS. honestly, you visit our site you could see that 370 of our clients gave their statements infront of the fiscal that WE NEVER DID PROMISE THEM A JOB! ENTRAPMENT HAPPENED MAY 15 5:30 pm, ABSCBN was with the two former employee that night. that was friday and no fiscal nor even a court to give verdict. How would a NEWS network telivised an case in which that time WE ARE NOT EVEN CHARGED until this day WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ARRAINMENT YET would TAGGED KEVIN AS "BRITON ARRESTADO SA ILLEGAL RECRUITMENT". tHEY SHOULD HAVE MADE THEIR STATEMENT ON FAIRNESS. AS A NEWS THEY SHOULD HAVE INTERVIEWED BOTH SIDES. THEY DIDNT EVEN GOT MY NAMe CORRECTLY! IT IS BECAUSE CIDG TFAIR IS commitioned by NOLI DE CASTRO WHO IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENCY, of course magandang news na foreigner nahuli ng task force nya, diba!

Charlene,what was the outcome of the BBC interview you gave?
    how did you knew that?

maybe these can help you..

http://www.fairtrials.net/

If the court only recognised 3 complainants what happened to the other 397 Are you actually married to Kevin because you describe yourself as his live-in partner in one entry,and his wife Mrs Taylor in another I actually have a contact in Camp Crame,I just e-mailed them,they probably cant shed light on the situation as I dont know their capacity,worth a shot I guess If your not a recruiter why post this advert Just for maids to work in Pinas?

ALL-AROUND MAIDS WANTED

STAY IN. WITH EXPERIENCE IN WORKING WITH CHILDREN, HARDWORKING.

MUST HAVE REFERENCES NBI AND BARANGAY CLEARANCE.

TO START STRAIGHT AWAY.

CALL IN-TO TAYLORS OFFICE OR PHONE 7034878 OR TEXT 09159749708
    why? i need maid for my children so we post that. are we not allowed to look for maids? does it mean of i look for maids for myself im already doing recruitment? anyway thanks for thinking that i am a recruiter! its very fair of you

why? i need maid for my children so we post that. are we not allowed to look for maids? does it mean of i look for maids for myself im already doing recruitment? anyway thanks for thinking that i am a recruiter! its very fair of you
    its 3 because those are only heresy when ABSCBN REPORTED 400. THEY MUST SHOW EVIDENCE THAT THERE WERE 400 COMPLAINANTS. Now, let me use again your WORDS HONESTLY IS THE BEST POLICY. We are not afraid being jailed, but what I am afraid off that due process is not given to us. its good that you have a friend from camp crame because they are not even allowed now to comment on the case as i filed already a case against the task force

im sorry BUT WE DO NOT HAVE 400 COMPLAINANTS. honestly, you visit our site you could see that 370 of our clients gave their statements infront of the fiscal that WE NEVER DID PROMISE THEM A JOB! ENTRAPMENT HAPPENED MAY 15 5:30 pm, ABSCBN was with the two former employee that night. that was friday and no fiscal nor even a court to give verdict. How would a NEWS network telivised an case in which that time WE ARE NOT EVEN CHARGED until this day WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ARRAINMENT YET would TAGGED KEVIN AS "BRITON ARRESTADO SA ILLEGAL RECRUITMENT". tHEY SHOULD HAVE MADE THEIR STATEMENT ON FAIRNESS. AS A NEWS THEY SHOULD HAVE INTERVIEWED BOTH SIDES. THEY DIDNT EVEN GOT MY NAMe CORRECTLY! IT IS BECAUSE CIDG TFAIR IS commitioned by NOLI DE CASTRO WHO IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENCY, of course magandang news na foreigner nahuli ng task force nya, diba!
    Charlene, I was reading this thread since this morning, and as I said, I truly sympathise with you. Perhaps the guys here are just trying to disect the issue, as they don't want to be bias, but I tell you, they are most helpful when it comes to advices.

Moving forward, I know a case where the british embassy seem not to be interested with any cases involving their nationals. But believe me, they are watching and overseeing your case even without you knowing. There are laws governing the Philippines that they have to respect, thus they are being careful. Since this case has already been divulged by media, why don't you use this means as well to clear things up. I know it would be difficult for you considering you're highly pregnant, but you have to be strong. Only you can relay your side of the story.

I do sympathise with you. Again be strong.

Banned
    Our fees is only for processing, we do not charge placement fee as we dont employ people. A processing fee is allowed for a consultancy like ours. We charge them P8000 plus 12 % as we are VAT registered by the BIR. These processing fee is used for the services we offered. We have a refund policy it means that when you failed the required exam that the embassy requires you to take we return the money as we cannot help them since we are for the VISA application and the LMO approval that needs QUALIFIED applicants. Having a review center for an English examination does not qualify you to be a recruitement agency. We have permits to be a review center...being a consultancy we must facilitate with all the requirement in attaining proper visa and one of that is IELTS/TOEIC. We applied for a review center permit in able for us to minimise the fees that they will be paying out side. If you would check the review centers on how much they are charging that would cost them 20K but with us we made it less than 10K and that even includes their exam. Those who were interviewed by the ABSCBN are those who got their money back . Why they need to complain? Its because as soon as the client fails their test I have to return their money and we cannot assist them any longer. The two former employees are those who are facing a charge of QUALIFIED THIEFT as before they made these things MAY4 they were asked to explain why they are stealing money from the office. The entrapment happened May 15, if they think we are recruitment agency they should have resigned before why only after they were questioned on the Financial anomaly? It is sad that its very easy to judged me when in fact I have stated all the facts and even they cannot prove that we are recruiting. If they are legitimate complainants why they need to lie that we are more than a year now when in fact we only started late September.

About the arrest, well a warrantless arrest must be ONLY applicable to those who were at the area of the entrapment. Kevin and I were not there. Lastly, the court recognised only 3 complainants, but then they already signed for affidavit of desistance two weeks ago. but why the case is not yet dismissed?

Philippines authorities will only arrest you if there are complainants.
    You are not accredited to POEA and not authorized to collect money from applicants if no evidence that they can work abroad. Even Recruitment Agencies accredited to POEA are not authorized to collect money from applicants until they have shown some docs like Job Orders certified by POEA.
    I just don't know why agencies wanted to have their money first. I pity those applicants who sold their land, properties and even their carabaos for the promise of job contract abroad I am not in favor of Refund policy as if they have already sold their property and you refund back the money, then what will gonna happen? It will be impossible to buy your property back.

tawi2 how did you knew i was interviewd by bbc? anyway soon, these will be put in an international media which before they aired they investigate and study the facts. Actually it is not only bbc who interviewed me, but other UK newspapers who will soon publicised it so the people would see the truth. To know whose the victim or not. I might be detained on the 29th by the way as I will volunteer myself inside because since i was released by CIDG, i found out that i do not have any arrest records...Why is that? Isnt it I shold be the one detained instead of my staff if we are really doing wrong? Or maybe I was let out to sort the money. Even the BJMP cannot understand why I was not committed by CIDG to them, everyone knows how CIDG works...look at TED FAILON..Visit the PNP CUSTODIAL CENTER and YU WILL SEE HOW many FOREIGNERS ARE BEING HELD everyday and detained until the CIDG stablised a case against them. I myself doest believe in illegal recruiters...but then i never realised that i will be accussed as one. i just HOPE THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT SOON. AND AGAIN, WHEN THERE IS NO COMPLAINANTS...THE CASE MUST BE DISMISSED, WHY DONT WE?

Correct Miss P,when you buy a book you dont just read the preface,you dig into the entire story I have been locked up abroad,albeit not for a decent length of time,ignorance of local firearm regulations the consul have their hands tied in how far they will go for you................

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...re-arrested-or
    That's a very good link Tawi. (And how long have you been detained????!!!)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information