Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

urgent need advice please !

shes about to fill up the application now do we need to say she have case on court or was this consider criminal case (Jidicial Dispute Resolution)
    this was the settlement form ask..

6.9 D Do you have any criminal convictions in any country
    (including traffic offences)? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
    Date Country Offence Sentence
    If ‘Yes’ please provide details
    Yes No
    6.10 H Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court (including traffic offences

any help please we are so worry if it affect and what to do..

what are you refering too when you say she,hasnt she had the case finished?

as i already posted just give all details?

the case as finished hasnt it?,because the courts can stop her leaving the country?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

my understanding is, if you been found guilty in a court, then you should declare it.. like you've mentioned traffic offences, where you were found guilty in court.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    my understanding is, if you been found guilty in a court, then you should declare it.. like you've mentioned traffic offences, where you were found guilty in court.
    its all bad debt and have been settle in city court, so does it mean she should put the details on the settelemt form asking that she commit a criminal case? for bad debts or was it safe to lefet blank or put x mark

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    its all bad debt and have been settle in city court, so does it mean she should put the details on the settelemt form asking that she commit a criminal case? for bad debts or was it safe to lefet blank or put x mark
    That sounds like stafa

Is it estafa??
    If it is,, then it is characterized as a criminal offence.

So u mean settled already? just my opinion maybe leave it blank if its sorted already or ask a copy of NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) if shows there no criminal record on file then it's fine..IMHO
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

shes about to fill up the application now do we need to say she have case on court or was this consider criminal case (Jidicial Dispute Resolution)
    this was the settlement form ask..

Yes No
    6.10 H Have you ever been charged in any country with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court (including traffic offences

any help please we are so worry if it affect and what to do..
    Before filing she should get all the documents and get information of the contents.
    I am not sure if omitting some documents is the right way to go.

I think the both of you have to plan a strategy in advance.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Word of Caution.

I have a Filipina friend who has lived for many years in Spain and also in UK for long periods (total 18 years). She now wants to go to UK and to get married to her English boy friend, but they will continue to live in Spain where they both have villas and where her two sons are established in schools. She has permanent resident status in Spain (Schengen).

Recently she applied for a multi entry visa to UK. In the quest asking if she had ever been refused a UK visa she put 'NO.' They discovered that she had been refused once although she had been granted visas since then. For that one reason they said they had to refuse a visa this time as she had answered a question incorrectly. I believe she has lost her 450 euros application fee too.

Re the question put by Ross. I cannot understand the probelm fully. Maybe a fuller explanation might be a good idea.

In General:-

Criminal cases (in UK) are dealt with in Criminal courts (magistrates courts, crown Courts). Cases dealt with in Civil courts (Small Claims Courts, County Courts etc)are not criminal cases. I would think that this general rule would probably apply in Phil too.

However, my advice is to be honest in all answers, and if in doubt, attach a written explanation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Word of Caution.

I have a Filipina friend who has lived for many years in Spain and also in UK for long periods (total 18 years). She now wants to go to UK and to get married to her English boy friend, but they will continue to live in Spain where they both have villas and where her two sons are established in schools. She has permanent resident status in Spain (Schengen).

Recently she applied for a multi entry visa to UK. In the quest asking if she had ever been refused a UK visa she put 'NO.' They discovered that she had been refused once although she had been granted visas since then. For that one reason they said they had to refuse a visa this time as she had answered a question incorrectly. I believe she has lost her 450 euros application fee too.

Re the question put by Ross. I cannot understand the probelm fully. Maybe a fuller explanation might be a good idea.

In General:-

Criminal cases (in UK) are dealt with in Criminal courts (magistrates courts, crown Courts). Cases dealt with in Civil courts (Small Claims Courts, County Courts etc)are not criminal cases. I would think that this general rule would probably apply in Phil too.

However, my advice is to be honest in all answers, and if in doubt, attach a written explanation.
    thank you for your reply sir i have here explain to what is the problem is
    i posted again as the other member here on the forum got it me wrong ..
    about filling up the application form which is the settlement visa it says

Yes No

the case im referring was now been settle and cleared in the city court..
    this case about Collection of money and filling fee.this Statement of claim falls under Judicial Dispute Resolution (JDR)
    MY QUESTION is do we need to put it up on the application form that she got this case or this is consider as under Criminal Case as to what the form asking..
    please enlighten us dont wnt to risk the application of getting worng is filling up...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    That sounds like stafa
    you know what Mrs mJOR YOUI REALLY MUST BE CAREFUL OF WHAT U SAY HERE u diont even know who am i and what im talking here and you said estafa>?? are you insane can u look at the dictionary what estafa means why would i ask adsvice here if i know its estafa its call a small claim of money case fall under judicial dispute resoltion..
    your behave like you know all the people here on the forum
    it sound your the moderrator...?

Banned
    ......please enlighten us dont wnt to risk the application of getting worng is filling up...
    Ross, if it was me, I would never answer any question on a visa application form incorrectly.
    There is too much to lose; a bad outcome/decision at the end and loss of the financial cost of the application.

Honesty is the best policy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
    Is it estafa??
    If it is,, then it is characterized as a criminal offence.
    All case sent to court is criminal case
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    So u mean settled already? just my opinion maybe leave it blank if its sorted already or ask a copy of NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) if shows there no criminal record on file then it's fine..IMHO
    That is a better way to know if the case was in Philippine record (NBI)
    you know what Mrs mJOR YOUI REALLY MUST BE CAREFUL OF WHAT U SAY HERE u diont even know who am i and what im talking here and you said estafa>?? are you insane can u look at the dictionary what estafa means why would i ask adsvice here if i know its estafa its call a small claim of money case fall under judicial dispute resoltion..
    your behave like you know all the people here on the forum
    it sound your the moderrator...?
    Now look what your talking, you said its debt, debt of what ????? we ask you to give more details if its money issue (debt) then what do you want to call it, even your self, you dont know how to call it
    And why your acting or replying so ANGRY which beside you said it was your friend and it wasnt you and your right we really or I really dont know you neither you to me

estafa
    es·ta·fa [ ə stáffə ] (plural es·ta·fas)
    noun
    Definition:
    Philippines fraud: fraud or deception, or an instance of it

Thing is...if you dont want to hear any words from other people advise then dont post it in public forum, you just cant get any reply that you just want to hear, this is a public forum and you should aware all the negatives and positive reply to from any individual, any how good luck for filling the application form of settlement

If I get offended you by the word "estafa" I apologise, its not you anyway, isnt it? As you said it was your friend filling the form, sorry for that

Respected Member
    Ross

Judicial Dispute Resolution (JDR) would seem to be a non criminal procedure where two or more parties go before a judge to settle civil disputes. That is, something which is not contrary to the criminal code. If that is correct (I hope others will correct me if I am wrong) then it is not a criminal case.

However, as has been said before, if in doubt, show it and give an explanation on an attached sheet.

Banned
    BAD DEBT -A bad debt is a debt that is not collectible by creditors from the borrowers. Bad debts are delinquent and are generally been written off as uncollectible loans. The creditors may take up various steps to retrieve their bad debt from the market. On the other hand, the individuals may often fall prey to unfortunate circumstances and may fail to pay back the loan amount thus coming under the mounting pressure of bad debt. The borrowers can take some bad debt management plans or bad debt consolidation plans to solve their financial crises.

As far as I know, it is a civil case BUT if you have ignored court summons for the debt. Then it turns it into a criminal matter and you could have a criminal record.

Non-payment of debt is usually civil rather than criminal, so long as there isn't evidence of fraud or theft.

thank you for your reply sir i have here explain to what is the problem is
    i posted again as the other member here on the forum got it me wrong ..
    about filling up the application form which is the settlement visa it says

Yes No

the case im referring was now been settle and cleared in the city court..
    this case about Collection of money and filling fee.this Statement of claim falls under Judicial Dispute Resolution (JDR)
    MY QUESTION is do we need to put it up on the application form that she got this case or this is consider as under Criminal Case as to what the form asking..
    please enlighten us dont wnt to risk the application of getting worng is filling up...
    That sounds from BIR (BUreau of Internal REvenue)concern well that must be common in PHil as I Rememebr WIllie Revillame and JUdy Ann SAntos famous celebrity here didn't able to pay their Tax in time but they managed to sort out things

I agree to JOhn I guess he's right as I've told you ask a copy of NBI record if it doesnt appear anything ie. no criminal records then just answer "NO" and as what JOe said phone or email the embassy the better
    Goodluck
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Banned
    as to all reply thank you ver much

but specially to one people here who act as SHE is the BEST..your just married to a english guy i could buy you as well MRS MJOR..LOL

the debt is less 100 quid anyway...

hows that...lol

Banned

That is a better way to know if the case was in Philippine record (NBI)

Now look what your talking, you said its debt, debt of what ????? we ask you to give more details if its money issue (debt) then what do you want to call it, even your self, you dont know how to call it
    And why your acting or replying so ANGRY which beside you said it was your friend and it wasnt you and your right we really or I really dont know you neither you to me

estafa
    es·ta·fa [ ə stáffə ] (plural es·ta·fas)
    noun
    Definition:
    Philippines fraud: fraud or deception, or an instance of it

Thing is...if you dont want to hear any words from other people advise then dont post it in public forum, you just cant get any reply that you just want to hear, this is a public forum and you should aware all the negatives and positive reply to from any individual, any how good luck for filling the application form of settlement

If I get offended you by the word "estafa" I apologise, its not you anyway, isnt it? As you said it was your friend filling the form, sorry for that
    oh yes well am sorry ,MAM madam i mean

you must be on high position to asnwer my quiries ..and i salute you
    thank you ..i could buy you as well if you want inclide on the debt might be your too priceless..anyway

more pwer and thank you so much

hi Ross,

Goodluck with the visa application.. when I applied for my visa I also submitted my NBI Clearance, so if ur friend managed to get one that's better it only shows that she was cleared already. though it is still better to fill up the form with all honesty because they will still find it out.. Goodluck again..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    hi Ross,

Goodluck with the visa application.. when I applied for my visa I also submitted my NBI Clearance, so if ur friend managed to get one that's better it only shows that she was cleared already. though it is still better to fill up the form with all honesty because they will still find it out.. Goodluck again..
    thank you..i like the way you give advice and commnet ..unlike other peeople here think they are too high that talk like they own the embassy lol

thank you..i like the way you give advice and commnet ..unlike other peeople here think they are too high that talk like they own the embassy lol
    you are more than welcome, Ross. Just make sure that she also submitted all the required documents needed for the visa..

Respected Member
    Good luck Ross with the application

Hi Ross,
    I just wish your friend has sorted this out already. Yeah as per some members advice here to let her secure the NBI which is an evidence she is cleared from any cases. Best of luck on her application. I wish your friend all the best. Take care.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

hope everything is now settled also Ross, wish your friend luck for her application.

I hope we can all be courteous in giving advices as this is a public forum...

Hope things will be sorted with your friend's situation Ross!

Banned
    as to all reply thank you ver much

but specially to one people here who act as SHE is the BEST..your just married to a english guy i could buy you as well MRS MJOR..LOL

the debt is less 100 quid anyway...

hows that...lol
    oh yes well am sorry ,MAM madam i mean

you must be on high position to asnwer my quiries ..and i salute you
    thank you ..i could buy you as well if you want inclide on the debt might be your too priceless..anyway

more pwer and thank you so much
    Three post for me, yeah,I already ask for apology about the word estafa which i didnt mean for you but you keep insulting me back, just came from work for 10 hours and this is what I get from you, you only log in to the forum for seeking advice, and if you dont like my reply to you,dont attack me with all your nasty words that even my husband read your post because you include him to your words, your such a mean one, good luck to your "friend" application people in the forum just hang on if they dont like other members comment, thats it as I say we can have negative and postive result for our querries because we or I are not expert just human being do some mistakes in life but you really attack me with your rude words,

Respected Member
    Goodluck on your friend application
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    I think we just need to cool down a bit here..
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Banned
    Hi, Ross.
    I think, before she (your friend or fiancee?) will fill up the form, let her go first to NBI and then apply for a clearance (NBI Clearance). That way she/yourself will know what to answer on that certain question if she got NBI clearance in her hand. Just take one step at a time, don't rush. You get there somehow. As what others have already told you it's good to answer the questions in the form with all honesty. If she will apply for NBI clearance pretty damn quick, that would be better.

To all forumer: IMHO, we will reply the querries of other people courteously as we are in the public forum. If people know the answer, for sure they will not going to ask. If they ask then, that will be their way to double check. We should act like mature people in here (stop being childish) and try to consider each person's feelings. Don't be too harsh. Giving negative rep is not an option especially if that is your way of getting back at them.

Banned

Sorry but I have to disagree... not ALL cases filed in court are criminal in nature. We have civil cases in court as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information