Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Respected Member
    Thanks for the flood of replies.

I did post in the Pen Pal Talk/Chat forum.. so to be clear I'm not looking to get married in a couple of weeks!!! I was looking for someone to chat with who shares common interests & is located somewhere that I'm familiar with. My experience is that a Hong Kong/Singapore based Filipina has a slightly more International/Western perspective on life than my last experience! & of course in my case such a location does offer the best opportunity to meet up if things develop. I'm not ruling out an RP based person as long as they have experience outside the homeland!

Yes I do meet Filipinas in Hong Kong through work at social events. But I'm not looking for the added complication of getting intertwined with other peoples relatives/friends.

If Lavander or Florge finds this clarification post might show I'm interest to the people they have mentioned, my contact details are in my profile.

Once again thanks to all.

I also have a friend who's working in singapore right now as a DH and she's looking for a foreign bf/husband, but i don't know if u like DH

good luck on your search

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardB View Post

I did post in the Pen Pal Talk/Chat forum.. so to be clear I'm not looking to get married in a couple of weeks!!! I was looking for someone to chat with who shares common interests & is located somewhere that I'm familiar with. .
    did anyone suggest that you marry in a couple of weeks?

looks like your trying to find someone who is upto your level and you want one thats taylor made for you,i really dont think you find one!

and why are you dismissing a huge amount of woman,also a lot of the ladies working as DH are well educated,its just that they can earn more working there as DH?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

I dont think Edward is dismissive of anyone BAB,its just we all have a beau-ideal,a criteria we would like in a partner,for me its under 70 years old with a pulse,teeth and hair are optional extras,other people are more discerning,I am sure Edward will find someone suitable for him

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

and why are you dismissing a huge amount of woman,also a lot of the ladies working as DH are well educated,its just that they can earn more working there as DH?
    I most certainly am not dismissing anybody by employment. All I'm trying to ensure is that the chat is lively & worldly.It has to work for both of us and be fun.

As you, and others pointed out, many DH's are highly educated.

All I want initially is for someone to chat with, and common interests and knowledge of each others culture and geography will always help that.

Contact details are in my profile or if someone wants to chaperone one of the 3 previous possible intros PM me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Too bad... the girl you're describing (that I know) is based here in Pinas..
    Hehe... you still searching someone for her? Hope you'll find one

Quote Originally Posted by lavander View Post
    Voice out from Singapore... Take note that Filipina maids are now outnumbered by skilled and professional Filipino here at SG...
    You'll get a chance to meet of Filipina with a caliber you prefer by hanging out Friday and/or saturday in clubs which am sure u are familiar since u mentioned u been here for quite sometime...

Do note Lucky Plaza - Orchard road is a territory of most 'kasambahay' maid sunday 7am- 6pm... Dont tell me i didnt warn u

I can give you one referel that will perfectly match your indicated requirement if you are deadly seriously interested... but here in SG nothing is free,so i might charge u as 'Agent Fee' hahahahha..Kidding!

I always look at the character and personality of the person i want to spend the rest of my life ( of course 3B is added factor).... and those not mentioned are trivial for me to be consider as a factor...

Still.. All the Best!.
    Lavander
    True, true... but what I don't get is, what's wrong if she's a Domestic Helper anyway? It's just a job... She may be an educated person, honest, sweet and loving...

All Filipinos that are working abroad are all classified as Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)...

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I dont think Edward is dismissive of anyone BAB,its just we all have a beau-ideal,a criteria we would like in a partner,for me its under 70 years old with a pulse,teeth and hair are optional extras,other people are more discerning,I am sure Edward will find someone suitable for him

Yep, we all have criterias

Question

All I'm trying to ensure is that the chat is lively & worldly. It has to work for both of us and be fun.
    Oooh... How worldly are you talking about here? hehe

Anyway, good luck on your search!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    I was quite baffled by the "wordly" term as well, lol, but i suppose he meant it more in a good way
    such as well travelled, exposed, mature and experienced in life over all
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

I most certainly am not dismissing anybody by employment. All I'm trying to ensure is that the chat is lively & worldly.It has to work for both of us and be fun.

Anyway, good luck on your search!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I was quite baffled by the "wordly" term as well, lol, but i suppose he meant it more in a good way

oh... that type lol...

Respected Member
    oh... that type lol...
    probably, lol, unless it's otherwise
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Respected Member
    meant it more in a good way
    YES!!!

OMG this is like dealing with a boat load of lawyers hanging on every word and puntuation mark

Respected Member
    YES!!!

OMG this is like dealing with a boat load of lawyers hanging on every word and puntuation mark
    LOL, funny edward

YES!!!

there your words!

so more careful how you write them

Hehe... you still searching someone for her? Hope you'll find one

True, true... but what I don't get is, what's wrong if she's a Domestic Helper anyway? It's just a job... She may be an educated person, honest, sweet and loving...

All Filipinos that are working abroad are all classified as Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)...

Yep, we all have criterias
    Don't get me wrong here.. I myself dont have against anyone of any particular (maid, prosti,whatever they are!!!) ..am highlighting the fact that the searcher is indeed has qualification need to be consider as he mentioned... my intention is for him to be aware the crowd he will be meet on certain time and day and place here at SG..

Relax and Cheer up ...
    Keep moving on...

YES!!!

Indeed!.. i was consider 'accessories' to the crime har har har...

Good luck to you still!
    Keep moving on...

I did post in the Pen Pal Talk/Chat forum.. so to be clear I'm not looking to get married in a couple of weeks!!! I was looking for someone to chat with who shares common interests & is located somewhere that I'm familiar with. My experience is that a Hong Kong/Singapore based Filipina has a slightly more International/Western perspective on life than my last experience! & of course in my case such a location does offer the best opportunity to meet up if things develop. I'm not ruling out an RP based person as long as they have experience outside the homeland!

Yes I do meet Filipinas in Hong Kong through work at social events. But I'm not looking for the added complication of getting intertwined with other peoples relatives/friends.

If Lavander or Florge finds this clarification post might show I'm interest to the people they have mentioned, my contact details are in my profile.

Once again thanks to all.
    Hi EdwardB,

Your message is very clear. It can easily be digested. At least you have said what you are looking for in a girl. In tagalog "wala ng paligoy ligoy"(direct to the point). So perhaps if someone who has these qualities and has the guts and thinks she has the same wavelength as you then who knows you both will make it through. What is your email addy BTW?.. I'll recommend someone..
    Wish you all the best.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

This is an interesting thread,thought provoking,do we attract a partner with similar characters to ourselves?Or dissimilar?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    This is an interesting thread,thought provoking,do we attract a partner with similar characters to ourselves?Or dissimilar?
    it depends....lol

it depends....lol
    Thats a VERY quick answer,you should be on "Fastest-finger" on "Who wants to be a millionaire" you would get on well with Chris Tarrant What do you mean it depends?Thats noncommittal,neither a yes nor a no,not quite an Oo but certainly not a hindi (I dont mean an indian gentleman),how do we attract a partner

Respected Member
    Thats a VERY quick answer,you should be on "Fastest-finger" on "Who wants to be a millionaire" you would get on well with Chris Tarrant What do you mean it depends?Thats noncommittal,neither a yes nor a no,not quite an Oo but certainly not a hindi (I dont mean an indian gentleman),how do we attract a partner
    Oh well, that's the quickest and safest answer, thats why, lol

anyway, it depends in a sense that, some click with someone which is exactly their opposite and they sort of complement each other with their differences
    while others click with someone very much similar to them, like a soulmate perhaps...

Don't get me wrong here.. I myself dont have against anyone of any particular (maid, prosti,whatever they are!!!) ..am highlighting the fact that the searcher is indeed has qualification need to be consider as he mentioned... my intention is for him to be aware the crowd he will be meet on certain time and day and place here at SG..

Relax and Cheer up ...

why are you telling him that?

for some reason i dont think he will meet them.

What is that?Your somewhere,the street,airport,shopping mall,restaurant,you catch a glance,you lock eyes with someone,you hold the gaze for longer than is normally polite or socially acceptable but theres a spark,its almost tangible,you feel it,most of us dont act on it,you never see the person again,but for a short time there was a connection,something was there between you,know what I mean?

Respected Member
    What is that?Your somewhere,the street,airport,shopping mall,restaurant,you catch a glance,you lock eyes with someone,you hold the gaze for longer than is normally polite or socially acceptable but theres a spark,its almost tangible,you feel it,most of us dont act on it,you never see the person again,but for a short time there was a connection,something was there between you,know what I mean?
    I get what you mean Love at first sight probably and you realize later that she was "the one that got away" sad
    this reminds me of the movie "the sweetest thing" and "serendipity"

Love at first sight?Or lust at first sight?Sometimes that first time its hard to differentiate twixt the two We are arent hijacking your thread Edward,and sincere apologies,we are keeping it bumped to the top

Relax and Cheer up ...
    What certain time and day and place in Singapore? ~Why?
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

I think Lavender gave the specifics because lucky plaza on sundays is PACKED with pinays on their day off,its the easiest time and place to meet someone if your confident enough just to walk up to a lady who catches your eye and introduce yourself

edward doesnt sound like type to go there,so why bother to mention it?

Is there a "Type" who would go there?Its a place to eat,have a coffee,socialise,I think we all like to do that Just somewhere to unwind a little,mingle with a crowd

Respected Member
    Love at first sight?Or lust at first sight? Sometimes that first time its hard to differentiate twixt the two
    True, you would know in time, once you get to know the person.....

anyway, back to the thread, lol

I think Lavender gave the specifics because lucky plaza on sundays is PACKED with pinays on their day off,its the easiest time and place to meet someone if your confident enough just to walk up to a lady who catches your eye and introduce yourself

Precisely... Thanks for hitting the spot...
    Keep moving on...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information