Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

victims of domestic violence

a new scheme announced for victims of domestic violence whose applications for indefinite leave to remain under the domestic violence rule are successful, will be given more help

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/...8.h#g282908.r0

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    a new scheme announced for victims of domestic violence whose applications for indefinite leave to remain under the domestic violence rule are successful, will be given more help

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/...8.h#g282908.r0
    Looks like this will be of great benefit to ladies who are suffering and unable to leave their spouse because of financial considerations.
    I hope this bill comes into force soon.
    Most of us are living peacefully but it must be a nightmare if a lady is trapped.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Looks like this will be of great benefit to ladies who are suffering and unable to leave their spouse because of financial considerations.
    Most of us are living peacefully but it must be a nightmare if a lady is trapped.
    i definitely agree
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned

Thumbs down

while i wholy agree with you all about domestic violence there are also others that abuse the system make false claims ect, and again in the phils there are no rights ,phone the police because a wife has been beaten sorry they are not interested

i am sure many on here have heard or have there own storys to tell and yes i do have MY OWN story to tell having been charged as a wife beater

without medical evidence i don't think anyone would be able to claim domestic violence..

al thou I know what you mean trader Dave, I've read a few cases where the marriage has not lasted, and the wife has gone on to claim she was raped and try to claim domestic violence, as they know they have no chance of getting ILR any other way, because the marriage is over.

but i'm sure for every case like yours there are many more, where the wife is abused and has no money, no friends, no where to go

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post
    while i wholy agree with you all about domestic violence there are also others that abuse the system make false claims ect, and again in the phils there are no rights ,phone the police because a wife has been beaten sorry they are not interested
    I agree with you dave, the justice system in the philippines is not that good and can be too slow, it's like politics sometimes
    but there are a few lucky one's who gets justice on their side and eventually triumph and succeed over the bad guys and guilty one's
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Banned
    would breaking a nail while cleaning the house considered as domestic violence? hehehe...

just remembered a telenovela (Latin American one I think) who also mentioned that as indication of abuse... lol

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    would breaking a nail while cleaning the house considered as domestic violence? hehehe...

just remembered a telenovela (Latin American one I think) who also mentioned that as indication of abuse... lol
    LOL, that's quite extreme

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post

if your husband did it yes it could, or if you said your husband did it

Banned
    without medical evidence i don't think anyone would be able to claim domestic violence..

al thou I know what you mean trader Dave, I've read a few cases where the marriage has not lasted, and the wife has gone on to claim she was raped and try to claim domestic violence, as they know they have no chance of getting ILR any other way, because the marriage is over.

but i'm sure for every case like yours there are many more, where the wife is abused and has no money, no friends, no where to go

no medical evidence needed no witness needed and they will use children young children to get the prosocution

Question

Quote Originally Posted by trader dave View Post

i am sure many on here have heard or have there own storys to tell and yes i do have MY OWN story to tell having been charged as a wife beater
    hi trader dave,

having been a victim of domestic violence myself is DEFINITELY NOT a thing you would wish to anyone, it's such a very painful process because not only it leaves a scar physically it leaves a scar emotionally as well not only to the victim but also to the victim's loved ones. i understand you have been wrongly accused or charged as a wife beater, all i can say is your ex wife must be on lowest low to do that.

when that incident happened i have to run to the nearest hospital and even agreed to be kept at the psychiatric dept because there was no space available at the hospital. it isn't nice. that's why i just couldn't comprehend how some could abuse the system claiming that they have been abused. like what i said "how low could you really go?"

for some who has been a victim of domestic violence you could contact me anytime thru this forum and i am very much willing to lend my help and knowledge.

good day everyone.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

that`s good news Joe but what if the case is the other way around
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    that`s good news Joe but what if the case is the other way around
    if think the one who is here on a visa needs to be the victim, not the offender

thou i wish it was so, with being the other way around,, my wife me and the gov give her citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite78 View Post
    when that incident happened i have to run to the nearest hospital and even agreed to be kept at the psychiatric dept because there was no space available at the hospital. it isn't nice. that's why i just couldn't comprehend how some could abuse the system claiming that they have been abused. like what i said "how low could you really go?"

for some who has been a victim of domestic violence you could contact me anytime thru this forum and i am very much willing to lend my help and knowledge.

good day everyone.
    aww.... sorry to hear that hope it will not happen to you again, or to anyone

Instant photo images are, i believe, still admissible in court. Thus, victimless prosecution is possible should a victim decide not to or cannot give evidence.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

if think the one who is here on a visa needs to be the victim, not the offender :d

thou i wish it was so, with being the other way around,, my wife Me and the gov give her citizenship
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

hi trader dave,

having been a victim of domestic violence myself is DEFINITELY NOT a thing you would wish to anyone, it's such a very painful process because not only it leaves a scar physically it leaves a scar emotionally as well not only to the victim but also to the victim's loved ones. i understand you have been wrongly accused or charged as a wife beater, all i can say is your ex wife must be on lowest low to do that.

good day everyone.
    Dear, this is a very sad story. What happened to your husband (or ex) after that? Was he prosecuted? Or atleast detained in a psychiatric unit? I can't imagine the sort of anger a spouse could have to end up beating his/her other half.

I know from your other posts that you have moved on and now happy with your new found love. I applaud you for your courage.

Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    Dear, this is a very sad story. What happened to your husband (or ex) after that? Was he prosecuted? Or atleast detained in a psychiatric unit? I can't imagine the sort of anger a spouse could have to end up beating his/her other half.

I know from your other posts that you have moved on and now happy with your new found love. I applaud you for your courage.
    thanks miss piggy. yes it is very sad. it makes me angry specially when i hear news about domestic violence and the victim was never taken seriously or the abuser was just given a slap on the hand. he was investigated, he denied the allegations, fortunately his friends testified against him and i got medical records etc to prove that the incident did happened. he has no choice but to admit that he did assaulted me. unfortunately the system failed me as he was given a community service!!! i wasn't surprised to be honest as i have heard some victims ended up being paralyzed or even killed but the abuser just walked free.
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

thanks miss piggy. yes it is very sad. it makes me angry specially when i hear news about domestic violence and the victim was never taken seriously or the abuser was just given a slap on the hand. he was investigated, he denied the allegations, fortunately his friends testified against him and i got medical records etc to prove that the incident did happened. he has no choice but to admit that he did assaulted me. unfortunately the system failed me as he was given a community service!!! i wasn't surprised to be honest as i have heard some victims ended up being paralyzed or even killed but the abuser just walked free.
    The scar would remain I know, but you have moved forward and that's the most important thing.

Respected Member
    hi trader dave,

good day everyone.
    Sorry about that aphrodite.....but the most important thing is you're already over that nightmare.....
    It will just be nothing but a bad memory....And you emerged as a stronger and better person....

Your ex may have scarred you physically and emotionally.........but he was never able to take your spirit,
    your will and your courage to move on and pick up the pieces of your life and and start over.......

And as they say "You can never put a good woman down", and that's exactly you...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    True... that's what my Dad fears... me being "trapped" in that situation... though I doubt it really...

Thread Information