Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile Where to eat in Cebu City.

Hi peeps,

Happy Sunday! If you are sitting there wondering why the England team is STILL being taught a lesson by a substandard Australian side, take heart in this.

I know that a lot of you visit the Queen City and I thought you might like to know a couple of places that Hanna and I have found to be more than acceptable in the culinary sense of the word.

CASA VERDE - near the Diplomat Hotel, Fuente. Excellent steaks and ribs, large portions and REAL chips!!! Prices very cheap! score 8/10.

CHING PALACE - Salinas Drive, near JY Square. Excellent Chinese restaurant. Presentation and service are on a par with high class restaurants. Beautful Chinese food at a reasonable price. Hanna and I can eat there for about P700.
    Nice touches are: Real cloth napkins - free pot of tea and bowl of pistachios upon arrival.

GOLDEN COURIE - Also Salinas Drive. Filipino restaurant serving 'higher class' dishes. Great food on offer and very reasonably priced. WARNING!! This restaurant is VERY popular, so if you are there after 6 p.m. expect to queue for a table. Not sure if phone bookings are possible.

Perhaps other Cebuanos and pseudo-Cebuanos can add to this list.

Bon appetit!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Sorry - CHING PALACE - score 9/10
    GOLDEN COURIE - score 8/10

Al.

Hi Alan,

How's you and Hannah?

Well I hope I can save enough to go back there next year and visit those places

Tish

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tish View Post
    Hi Alan,

How's you and Hannah?

Well I hope I can save enough to go back there next year and visit those places

Tish
    Hi Tish,

We are good thank you. Hope to see you!

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Tish,

We are good thank you. Hope to see you!

Al.
    I hope so too

Tish

Respected Member
    The Golden Cowrie is a fantastic restaurant. We visited Cebu a few years ago with a load of people who had never been to the Philippines before. Most of them said that the best meal we had was at the Golden Cowrie.

A few other good restaurants are Krua Thai at Crossroads, Tin Gow at the Waterfront Hotel and Lighthouse at Gaisano Country Mall.

If you're looking for a decent steak, the best one I had in Cebu was from Sandtrap in Banilad. Also, their chips were just like the ones my mother used to cook when I was a kid!

Not one persons mentioned Jollibee

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    go for the local cuisine... SUTOKIL!!!!

Star meat used to be Colon and junqueras speciality dish especially in siopao

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

R&R karendaria(eatery) V Rama opposite Golden Success College excellent food some with a European and Singaporean origin and all types of local dishes changing dai;y has a sea water aquarium with corals etc 8/10
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    go for the local cuisine... SUTOKIL!!!!

100% agree........

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Star meat used to be Colon and junqueras
    Sorry po, but colon is definitively out of the equation for me.....

sutokil... to kils

there's a lot of restaurants in Cebu especially in the newly opened Ayala extension, THE TERRACES... some of the restaurants are:

LA MAISON
    THE GUSTAVIAN
    THE SIAM - thai restaurant
    TGI Fridays
    HUKAD
    BANANA LEAF
    CAFE LAGUNA
    YELLOW CAB
    TERIYAKI BOY
    CASA VERDE - soon to open
    and a whole lot more.....
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

Thread Information