Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Red face Jumping Back into the fire

Hello everyone,

Well, since I ended my relationship with a Filipina (after she had someone elses baby - see my other posts). I've had a pretty good time. And just a week ago met another Filipina online.

But now (for obvious reasons) I am taking things slow and have decided to travel to cebu to see her come the end of october/november. This time she does not have a child, seems very trustworthy (I see her every day on webcam, and her family doing stuff in the background) and is a college graduate who is looking to go into work caring for elderley or disabled people.

I even hit the net looking for her as a potential scammer, as I had read up and gone over a few websites. Didn't find her anywhere. So I am sure she is an honest person

So, back into the unknown I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Hello everyone,

Well, since I ended my relationship with a Filipina (after she had someone elses baby - see my other posts). I've had a pretty good time. And just a week ago met another Filipina online.

But now (for obvious reasons) I am taking things slow and have decided to travel to cebu to see her come the end of october/november. This time she does not have a child, seems very trustworthy (I see her every day on webcam, and her family doing stuff in the background) and is a college graduate who is looking to go into work caring for elderley or disabled people.

I even hit the net looking for her as a potential scammer, as I had read up and gone over a few websites. Didn't find her anywhere. So I am sure she is an honest person

Happy to know that you have moved on and is moving on... Anyway, just take things slow and enjoy the courtship period. Best of luck

Glad to hear that, good luck to you in the future
    Jiri & Maricel

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    thats nice to hear... i hope it works out this time... goodluck!
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Good luck Northerner, Hope all your dreams come true
    JOHN and VANESSA

Banned
    Thanks Guy's..

I will be taking it slow, that's for sure!

Just one potential issue is that my ex is also in cebu

Was thinking of meeting her for coffee or something and clear the air, but then I also don't want to upset my new girl...

Hello everyone,

Well, since I ended my relationship with a Filipina (after she had someone elses baby - see my other posts). I've had a pretty good time. And just a week ago met another Filipina online ...
    That's good to hear. Thanks for letting us know, and Welcome back.

... I even hit the net looking for her as a potential scammer, as I had read up and gone over a few websites. Didn't find her anywhere. So I am sure she is an honest person
    Hopefully! Good luck; ... just keep your wits about you, and everything should work out fine.

Thanks Guy's..

A very sensible approach!

Hello everyone,

hi and welcome to this filipino forum i read your story from your first post,nice to hear your looking forward to see with your new girl,i hope its gonna be all work this time,anyway i meet also my hubby online,and i never believe him he going to the Philippines to see me because honestly there also lots of man and woman saying (bola)means liar but? my hubby he said to me i well going to Philippines and see you,no i never believe him even he said he had buy ticket,and i still never believe him. and he said what do you want me to do to prove it? and i said give me all your details?and then i believe you,and i said i pick you up to the airport to be sure he dont have any other girlfriend,and he give all his details,and i did it,and short story after 3years later we get married and i apply my visa to coming back with him here in the UK.and i wait after 6months to get work .then i apply as a care assistant
    to work in the care home,sorry for my long story.i hope i hear you to the next post, and good luck!!!thanks for reading my story

Exclamation

No problem ... if you slim down a bit [I'm referring, of course, to your avatar:lol2:] she shouldn't be able to recognise you!

Was thinking of meeting her for coffee or something and clear the air, but then I also don't want to upset my new girl...

I WOUDN'T if I were you ... she doesn't sound worth the price of a cup of coffee - not even in the Philippines! But then, that's only MY opinion.

Thanks Guy's..

Maayo! Lets hope that both girls do not know one another. Forget the ex. You are there for your new girl. I sense you need closure on that. But do not be tempted. Enjoy the trip and lets hope it goes smooth. Oh yeah. I think u need your own CR paper out there.

Banned
    Do not even think about something like that.

Keep your return to Cebu secret from the scammer.
    It is in your own interest, as the spurned one may cause no end of problems.

Think about your "present" not the "past" IMO...

Respected Member
    Thanks Guy's..

Hello northerner, good to know you're moving on and happy now with someone else......
    Make sure to get it right this time and be more cautious, get to know the new girl well.....
    And don't waste your time meeting up with your scammer ex for coffee.....what for??? she's not worth it.....
    No need to clear the air or anything from her....forget her and move on with your new girl....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Banned
    Thanks again for the advice. And yes, I won't be seeing the ex.. Unless I bump into her at the mall! In which case I will make a hasty exit.

Liza, thanks for that story. I guess you and the girl I am going to meet are very similar in some ways (career) and I know from what she has told me about the other guy's she has met online that she too is cautious and perhaps thinks I might be playing her.

But I plan to get a flight paid and booked next week. I have seen a return from Manchester for Ł660 (I will be paying by visa electron and most online travel agencies do not accept them). Then it is just my hotel and stuff..

She wants me to see her parents (which is in another province as she lives with her uncle) so there will be some travelling involved too. Which will be nice to see more of the phils.

Respected Member
    Thanks again for the advice. And yes, I won't be seeing the ex.. Unless I bump into her at the mall! In which case I will make a hasty exit.

Liza, thanks for that story. I guess you and the girl I am going to meet are very similar in some ways (career) and I know from what she has told me about the other guy's she has met online that she too is cautious and perhaps thinks I might be playing her.

But I plan to get a flight paid and booked next week. I have seen a return from Manchester for Ł660 (I will be paying by visa electron and most online travel agencies do not accept them). Then it is just my hotel and stuff..

She wants me to see her parents (which is in another province as she lives with her uncle) so there will be some travelling involved too. Which will be nice to see more of the phils.
    Thats great to know, have fun with your new girl and best of luck in meeting the parents
    enjoy exploring the philippines as well
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

hi thanks for your reply,
    i hope she is nice girl for you and all i can advice to you,be careful when you are in the Philippines because you never been there i hope she gonna look after you.all i can say good luck,if you want any help from me you can chat online sometimes if im not busy,thanks
    my ym lizaphil2005

Banned

Cool

Thanks again..

I am sure in the future I will be picking the brains of a lot of people on here. Esspecially as I have now promised to be there in oct/nov... So, scary thought. Finally going..

One thing though.. I am soooo tired right now as we talk all night and at the time I don't want to sleep, but after 10 hours at work I am shattered

I ended our conversation last night at 3 and spent another 30 minutes laughing while she was showing her Aunt (in the USA) my face on the webcam (who had come through on yahoo)

Perhaps a power nap is in order before I go online tonight

Banned
    Thanks Guy's..

Hmm... yes.. take it slow...Please allow me to share a bit of my story...

My bf had to come and visit me 3 times before we decided to get married...I also don't want to rush things as I do not want to commit a mistake by marrying the wrong guy... I would want to stay married to just one man.. Anyway, we spent time really getting to know each other.. even to the point of being brutally honest to each other as we agreed to have no secrets between us.. we even had our "time off" away from each other so as to really gauge and assess if this is really the relationship that we want... it was hard at first as I am not use to being straightforward.. but we have coped so far...

Also, if you think that seeing your ex to "clear the air" will help you get rid of a certain baggage (your ex) and once and for all have closure, then do so.. just tell your new girl your objective of seeing your ex.. and I know that she won't mind and would even appreciate that you have been honest with her... she won't mind this unless she's insecure.. and if she is.. well, you now have the opportunity to know a little more about your new girl...

Good luck and I hope that this relationship is the one you truly deserve to have.

'all the best for u for ur new love'.hay!love,love,love,love.lovelife

Hello I'm from cebu! So nice to hear that...Goodluck............

Known her for a week and already getting serious enough to fly to pinas and meet her family

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Known her for a week and already getting serious enough to fly to pinas and meet her family
    Well, I already booked the time off work and was planning a mini tour of Asia (Thailand etc), but then decided to go and meet her. After all, got to go on a date sometime

As for the parents... I guess they want to make sure I'm a nice guy

Which I am!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post

Also, if you think that seeing your ex to "clear the air" will help you get rid of a certain baggage (your ex) and once and for all have closure, then do so..
    On second thoughts I think that might be a bad idea. I already sensed a little bit of jealousy with regards to my ex.

So I gave her access to my friendster profile so she could see my ex

And the response was "I'm more beautiful than her" So I think that swept that little nugget under the carpet, but going to see my ex might upset my new girl

Well, I already booked the time off work and was planning a mini tour of Asia (Thailand etc), but then decided to go and meet her. After all, got to go on a date sometime

As for the parents... I guess they want to make sure I'm a nice guy

Which I am!
    Go for it mate, just be careful and enjoy.

Respected Member
    On second thoughts I think that might be a bad idea. I already sensed a little bit of jealousy with regards to my ex.

So I gave her access to my friendster profile so she could see my ex

And the response was "I'm more beautiful than her" So I think that swept that little nugget under the carpet, but going to see my ex might upset my new girl

that's so nice of you northerner
    i commend you for being sensitive and considerate to your new girl's feelings keep it up

Banned
    Thanks Guy's

goodluck notherner we're happy with you!
    all things are possible!

Thread Information