Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Visitor Visa??

Administrator

Visitor Visa??

If your intending to marry in the UK, DO NOT apply for a Visitor Visa, otherwise you will have problems. Take note of the following;

If you wish to bring your girlfriend to the UK with the intention of marrying here, then you must do so under the appropriate visa. Do not try and bring her on a visitors visa, and then try and upgrade it, as they won't accept it, and you will then find it extremely difficult to get the immigration department to let her stay. Be totally honest with them from the start, as the know all the tricks, and if you show any signs of deceit with them, then any further applications will be denied.

I had the same idea as you a few years back, but was informed of what I am telling you, and have since come across people who can't get visa's now, after being less than honest to the immigration in the first place. Use the form that tells them she intends to live here, and take it from their. If she is successful you will need to marry within 12 months.

They are not totally heartless though if your honest with them, I was unable to marry within the 12 months due to illness at the time, but having supplied the evidence and explained my situation to them, they allowed a further 6 month extension.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Re: Visitor Visa??

Please once again I asking you for help.
    Still waiting for my divorce paper to come true but as I'm travelling to Davao via Singapore and Cebu on Singapore-Silk air out of london on the 29 august.I want to bring my girlfriends back with me to London..
    Should she apply for a visitor visa or for an intent to marry permit within 12 months..? Also If you know where I can buy A single ticket back to london on the cheap..of course after she will get the visa.
    What documentations do I have to provide her to shaw the british Embassy ? thanks

Maurizio

Dont try and buck the system.... dont try and apply for a visitor visa for your filipina... they are rarely granted and anyway you will only make it harder for yourself to get her a spouse visa or fiance visa.... and you dont make clear your own immigration status in the UK.

Are you an Italian National or a British National also if you are here on EEC work criteria... but a UK Resident do you hold a British Passport if so you will need to deal with the British Embassy in Ayala Avenue its the L.V. Locsin building 15th floor.

Listen to advice given by Forum Admin and others who have been through this........the UK ECO's can be awkward if you try and buck the system.

Follow the procedure outlined in my reply to your personal message.

best of luck

Administrator

Hi,

Supply us with the info Pete has asked for, and as is made clear, NEVER lie to immigration you will never get in no matter what you try in the future.

You will need a Fiancee Visa, and marry her within 6 months or she goes home, no flexibility.

Print off two forms from the UK Immigration site 9link on main page). Fill one out as a demo yourself, and send them both to her. She can then fill in the spare, and post it to the UK Embassy in Manila. ASAP.

You may be lucky and get an appointment while you are there, but she will have to go at some point to the embassy.

You both will have to prove your relationship, airline ticket stubs, letters, copies of email, SMS message bills, etc, as much as possible. Supply more than they ask, looks better. She will need to take all that to the interview.

You also need to prove you can financially support her for 2 years, as she can not work or claim off the DSS in that period.

As for airline tickets, you won't get a single cheap, they are usually 75% the cost of a return ticket. If you love her, get her back on Singapore Airlines, otherwise she'll be in a git of a mood when she lands ;D
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Visitors Visas for purpose of entering the United Kingdom for Tourism - but the real intention is for settlement or marriage.

Time and Time again this is coming up by interested readers and becomes a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)

so Can a UK Resident apply for Visitors Visa for a Philippine National to visit the UK for tourism.

The answer to this quetion is Yes they can, however their is no guarantee that the British Mission in the Philippines will grant such a visa.

It is true to say that anyone in any country in the world can apply for a visitors visa for tourism, however the point of this FAQ is that if your intentions are:

(a) To apply for a visitors visa for your Filipina girlfriend to come to the UK to live with you for a few weeks to see if she likes it, etc, or it is for you to have your girlfirend come and live with you.

(B) To apply for a visitors visa for your Filipina girlfirend to come to the United Kingdom and then whilst she is here on a tourist visa, decide to marry at your local registrar office.

If you are contemplating either of the above, our best advice is this:

IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA WHERE YOU HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES AS THIS WILL BE SPOTTED BY THE ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICERS WHO DEAL WITH THESE APPLICATIONS EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THEIR LIFE.

Even if a tourist visa was granted for a 30 day visit, and you married your Filipina girlfirend, she would have to return at then end of her 30 day visa, and then you would have to go through the procedures of applying at the British Embassy Manila and once it has come to light that she married you during a 30 day visa for tourism purposes, it is likely that any future visa's would be declined, leaving you married to a woman that cannot come to your country of residence, if that is your object, then fine, go ahead, but be warned that the British Embassy ECO'S can take a dim view of you trying to get around UK Immigration Rules.

If you wish to bring your Filipina girlfriend to the UK to live with you, then apply for the following:

A Fiancee Visa on Form VAFW2 (2003)

Details of this procedure is under

Courting and Relationships "Spouse and Fiancee visas"

Administrator

This is probably one of the things I try to drum into people, so thanks for bringing it back to everyone's attention.

If you try to 'fiddle' your way in, they WILL discover what you are doing, and DENY all future applications.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Thanks Forum Admin, thats why I thought I would put this back on the Agenda, as we seem to get lots of initial enquiries about this...it makes sense to keep it at the top of FAQ'S

Thread Information