Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    saw a fair few when i last visited, stood out like a sore thumb

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteraven View Post
    saw a fair few when i last visited, stood out like a sore thumb
    What stood out?

epiglotis

Banned
    http://dragonladies.org/ has a list of known scammers, including TVs

And http://tineye.com/ can sometimes tell you if the picture your seeing has been reproduced elsewhere on the internet.. Good for spotting fake model pictures

After getting scammed last time I wasn't playing around this time:Vader: So I did my research first...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarBell379 View Post
    How do you fiddle a webcam boss? Might work once if you point at someone else for a short while and then claim its stopped working, but not on a regular basis without a willing accomplice. (Unless I'm missing something).
    There are available a number of application which allow you to put a "home made" video online instead of you web cam broadcast.

The problem is that its not interactive so teh normal conversational use of a 1 to 1 meeting is not possible..but it could fool the gulible or newbies to online dating!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    When I was in the Philippines and Thailand a couple of months ago, I had to go into an internet cafe in both countries.

I was amazed at how many MEN were in there with what looked like many windows open on their computers.
    It was so obvious that they were posing as women trying to scam foreigners out of money.

Try to see your online "date" over the webcam if possible.

At least you know you will be chatting to someone who is who they say they are............
    I saw a BBC programme last year in teh UK about online scams. These were Aficans turning it into a village industry using photographs of white male models.
    What amazed me was the some woman in the USA fell for it and sent the requested airfare so he could fly to meet her !

Banned
    @Tawi... hmmmm.. takes one bayot to know one bayot! LOL... just kidding...

I have a distant cousin who is gay and is now married to a Swedish or Danish (not sure) guy... he looked like a girl before.. dresses like one.. but when the bf came over to meet him, he asked my cousin if he quits dressing like a woman, and he did... maybe the foreigner wants his "girl" to look like him.. lol..

oh by the way, I am gay. (at times)

Your gay?(at times??)Unsa ka silahis Your joking right Double blade ba?Tira og babae That cant be true

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    oh by the way, I am gay. (at times)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Your gay?(at times??)Unsa ka silahis Your joking right Double blade ba?Tira og babae That cant be true
    LOL, of course it's not true tawi2, she's in every inch a woman
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

alam ko nagbibiro lang ako sa kanya

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    alam ko nagbibiro lang ako sa kanya
    LOL, i know....galing mo magtagalog, wala akong masabi, hehehe
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

No comment

Respected Member
    No comment
    LOL speechless

hindi naman sa wala akong masabi,I always have a word or two left

Respected Member
    hindi naman sa wala akong masabi,I always have a word or two left
    LOL, copy that

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    LOL, i know....galing mo magtagalog, wala akong masabi, hehehe
    No comment
    lol.. d nya naintindihan kasi ang haba ng iyong sagot, kya no comment lol...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    lol.. d nya naintindihan kasi ang haba ng iyong sagot, kya no comment lol...
    hahahaha, malamang

That is very interesting. When I was looking for a friend on-line I had a number who said that the cafe did not have a webcam. In fact I never followed any of them up and I am now with someone who is genuine.

Does your comment apply to all of the Philippines or just the main cities?

LV

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post
    That is very interesting. When I was looking for a friend on-line I had a number who said that the cafe did not have a webcam. In fact I never followed any of them up and I am now with someone who is genuine.

LV
    All of the Philippines,though certain areas on Mindanao have a particularly bad rep.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LastViking View Post

LV
    Whilst I was in a very small town in the north of Cebu island, I went into an internet cafe. Internet Cafe's are everywhere in the Phils, even the smallest village.
    This one had curtains separating the customers, a very private affair.
    Draw your own conclusions.......

My wife tells me scammers were in there all the time when she was there!

There was the tagum scandal,last year?Year before?Some schoolgirl in Tagum was doing shows for cash,an old american guy stuck the clip online on a sex site,the cafe was raided,apparently the kid was working in collusion with the cafe owner,she carried a vibrator in her schoolbag

Whilst I was in a very small town in the north of Cebu island I went into an internet cafe. Internet Cafe's are everywhere in the Phils, even the smallest village.
    This one had curtains separating the customers, a very private affair.
    Draw your own conclusions.......

My wife tells me scammers were in there all the time when she was there!

A few years back we had to travel though the Missus local town at silly oclock in the morning and we stopped popped in to a Intenet cafe for some reason. Plenty of people in it a few women but many blokes I could pick up a few convos going on in english with fairly high pitched voices for phill blokes

As mentioned there is software which can alter the voice on pc's....

Plenty of those who came in and out seemed well dressed and had a nice mobile..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Whats the old maxim,if something seems too good to be true it invariably is?

http://www.dateinasia.com/UserProfil...6-e622d5302e90

Whats the old maxim,if something seems too good to be true it invariably is?

http://www.dateinasia.com/UserProfil...6-e622d5302e90
    Hope no one can be THAT stupid or blind
    Jiri & Maricel

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Hope no one can be THAT stupid or blind
    I've never actively looked around for scammers or even Filipinas that go to internet cafes looking for foreigners, but when I stayed with my Mom in Mindanao, I worked for a photolab. I can't even remember how many guys with boobs caught me by surprise when they asked me to transfer their naughty pictures from their phones to CDs for their foreign boyfriends. Some of them admitted to not telling their boyfriends that they weren't completely female. These people aren't all that easy to catch, especially when you're a foreigner and your eyes aren't trained to see the differences. It's like when I first moved out here to the US, all white guys looked alike. All black guys looked alike. It took a while to be able to distinguish subtle differences in facial features.

Respected Member britishdetained's Avatar
    They always say "Accept me for what I am" which is secret code for "Boy are you in for a surprise on our wedding night"

http://www.dateinasia.com/UserProfil...2-06c5f329d32e
    this is sad you know, i can relate....got married for three years then found out my ex is a guy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    I've never actively looked around for scammers or even Filipinas that go to internet cafes looking for foreigners, but when I stayed with my Mom in Mindanao, I worked for a photolab. I can't even remember how many guys with boobs caught me by surprise when they asked me to transfer their naughty pictures from their phones to CDs for their foreign boyfriends. Some of them admitted to not telling their boyfriends that they weren't completely female. These people aren't all that easy to catch, especially when you're a foreigner and your eyes aren't trained to see the differences. It's like when I first moved out here to the US, all white guys looked alike. All black guys looked alike. It took a while to be able to distinguish subtle differences in facial features.
    Good post.
    I went to see Sinulog in Cebu City in 2008 and watched at Fuente Osmeña.
    Watching and walking as a single man, I was amazed at how many times "guys with boobs" approached me.
    It seemed to me at that time that the ladies were standing in the background and smiling, whilst the "guys with boobs" were on the hunt for foreigners.
    The thought crossed my mind that many a drunken foreigner has probably woken up to quite a surprise!
    I can usually tell the difference but some of these men are so petite.
    Quite scary for me, but I am sure lots of foreigners enjoy their men that way.
    There must be millions of western $ or £ or whatever that have been sent by mistake over the years.

There's no substitute for face-to-face contact, for so many reasons.

There's no substitute for face-to-face contact, for so many reasons.
    Amen to that

we have a lots of gays also here going to cafe pretending they are 100%pure lovely girls but its not and u can believe they ae cause they showing there boobs.they funny trying to scam the foreigners who is blind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information