Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar

CFO Seminar: when????

I am getting confused about the timing of the CFO Seminar at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, is it supposed to take place before anything else? The French Embassy requests the CFO certificate as part of the documents for the Certificate of Legal Capacity, so I imagine this seminar is the first step to take or am I wrong? Thanks in advance for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by pacificelectric View Post
    I am getting confused about the timing of the CFO Seminar at St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation, is it supposed to take place before anything else? The French Embassy requests the CFO certificate as part of the documents for the Certificate of Legal Capacity, so I imagine this seminar is the first step to take or am I wrong? Thanks in advance for your input!
    Depends actually, in my case i took it before i applied for my visa then
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Depends actually, in my case i took it before i applied for my visa then
    I agree, it depends Mine was after my visa got released....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

as far as I remember I did attend the cfo seminar as well after I got my spouse visa!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Mine, was the same of Ann07. But my cousin from Davao City what she did..she did attend the cfo seminar in Cebu after she got her visa.

I attended the CFO seminar when I needed to renew my passport. It is one of the requirements if you are married to a foreigner.
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Banned
    Is this what you mean...???

"Certificate of Attendance in a pre-marital counseling and family planning seminar conducted by the Division of Maternal and Child Health at the Municipal/City Hall in the same municipality or city where the contracting parties applied for the marriage license."

Because normally the CFO stamp is only released on presentation of a valid Fiancee/Spouse Visa.
    Or any visa really.

Respected Member pacificelectric's Avatar
    Actually I refer to the CFO Seminar which I understand is run by the St. Mary Euphrasia Something in Cebu or Manila, and from the e-mail I got from them i understand that the French Embassy in Manila had complaints from people who for some reason could not attend such CFO Seminars and they decided to put that as a prerequisite for the certificate of legal capacity but in fact they give the choice and it can be taken in the end of the process, which obviously sounds much more logical.....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    ... normally the CFO stamp is only released on presentation of a valid Fiancee/Spouse Visa.
    Or any visa really
    Actually I refer to the CFO Seminar which I understand is run by the St. Mary Euphrasia Something in Cebu or Manila, ... but in fact they give the choice and it can be taken in the end of the process, which obviously sounds much more logical.....
    As Dom says, the CFO stamp (or "sticker", as it's more commonly known) is nowadays NORMALLY only issued on presentation of a VALID VISA, and AFTER consecutively attending the prerequisite SEMINAR for [usually] spouses/civil partners of *foreign nationals ... *which, in THIS case *YOU would be.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by empott View Post
    I attended the CFO seminar when I needed to renew my passport. It is one of the requirements if you are married to a foreigner.
    this was my case too

I attended cfo before I got my visa...

Banned

Angry

theresa just changed her passport name in the past 2 weeks and you have to attend the cfo TWICE NOW luckily she attended last year so they processed her new name in her passport but she still has to attend again after the visa is in the passport

Banned

Talking

my point was you still have to go to the cfo TWICE which means still travelling to manila or cebu on two occasions one just to get a sticker in a passport talk about make things difficult

Thread Information