Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

View Poll Results: RESOLVE: To Wear or not to wear Wedding Dress before Wedding Day

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • To Wear (I don't believe in Superstitious Beliefs)

20 83.33%
  • Not to Wear (Bad Luck)

4 16.67%

Thread: For Brides Only

Question For Brides Only

PI Wedding Culture and Superstitions

Brides shouldn't try on her wedding dress bef0re the wedding day or the wedding will not push through.

Leah asked me to make a poll regarding this matter:
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=16866

THANKS.

Banned
    I tried my wedding gown before my wedding... and now am happy married to my husband.

Respected Member
    i tried it on

i just wanted to be sure that it fits me nicely

Respected Member
    I don't believe in this superstition...
    I tried my wedding gown several times,had my first fitting, 2nd, 3rd with my couturier down to my final fitting
    The wedding pushed through, nothing unfortunate happened and were still so married, lol
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

In my case I do beleive in superstition. I did not tried to fit it few days before the wedding date. I just tried to fit it early in the morning on our wedding day, and that was few hours before the wedding ceremony, which was held in the afternoon then. So far, my wedding gown fits well on me..

i voted not to wear,with my bilbil i will look stupid....oh i never wear dresses either!!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

I was worried about wearing my dress during the fitting coz i know that's bad luck in the Philippines. My family kept on reminding me not to try on my dress while we were preparing for the wedding. My hubby and his family said it's not bad luck here but it's bad if you don't fit your dress

I had five fitting done before they got it right so I'm glad i wore it before my special day. I haven't seen any sign of bad luck yet so i hope it's just a superstition.

I make sure my hubby does not see me before the wedding as it is bad luck in UK
    S J

In my case I don't believe in superstition, but i knew my family will not allow me to wear my wedding dress before my wedding date. So my choiced was to listen to them. Also i don't want to risk when it comes to this. So when i designed my wedding dress it should be adjustable. I don't want to use zipper I'm not sure what you call it (see attachment). I consider also loosing weight because of my stress, but what happened was i gained. And no problem :-). Lastly i trust my tailor.

"It's just a matter of choice"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (15.1 KB, 6 views)

Banned
    mmmm... not a bride yet... but can i also vote? hehehehe....

To Zobel,Charwill,Chryss,Sophie,Shirley and Judith, I saw your wedding pics and inspire me a lot. You are all very gorgeousand had a lovely wedding,
    how I wish we could make it like you did guys, but I guess us will be very simple super simple

Time to fit na
    Don't make promises when you are in JOY. Don't reply when you are SAD.
    Don't take decisions when you are ANGRY. Think twice, Act wise. BE happy.

Banned
    Leah,

When and where is your wedding?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAHnew View Post
    To Zobel,Charwill,Chryss,Sophie,Shirley and Judith, I saw your wedding pics and inspire me a lot. You are all very gorgeousand had a lovely wedding,
    how I wish we could make it like you did guys, but I guess us will be very simple super simple

Time to fit na
    Thank you leah I'm sure you will look so gorgeous on your wedding day whether its simple or not, all brides do
    there's something about a wedding that makes a bride just glow so beautifully, i'm sure you will definitely be one
    So enjoy fitting your wedding gown and i wish you all the best on your upcoming big day
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i voted not to wear,with my bilbil i will look stupid....oh i never wear dresses either!!
    amazing bilbil

Quote Originally Posted by simonline View Post
    In my case I don't believe in superstition, but i knew my family will not allow me to wear my wedding dress before my wedding date. So my choiced was to listen to them. Also i don't want to risk when it comes to this. So when i designed my wedding dress it should be adjustable. I don't want to use zipper I'm not sure what you call it (see attachment). I consider also loosing weight because of my stress, but what happened was i gained. And no problem :-). Lastly i trust my tailor.

Point taken sis, Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    mmmm... not a bride yet... but can i also vote? hehehehe....
    your soon to be a bride so what's your vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Thank you leah I'm sure you will look so gorgeous on your wedding day whether its simple or not, all brides do
    there's something about a wedding that makes a bride just glow so beautifully, i'm sure you will definitely be one
    So enjoy fitting your wedding gown and i wish you all the best on your upcoming big day
    aww blushing here
    Thanks for the lovely words

Banned
    Leah,

my vote? Try on my wedding dress! I would want it to fit me.. hehehe...

Time to fit na
    Aw! Thank you Sis Whether it's simple or elegant wedding as long as you are both in love & happy together, that's the most important Sis. I'm sure you are the most beautiful, center of attraction & you are the important person on that day! You are THE BRIDE!… and you have reached the point of joining your life with that of your important man!….. besides which, you are pretty and in love!

Remember it's your special day so enjoy & best wishes
    S J

I tried it on 3 times now lol

Had I not tried it on I wouldn't have worn it on the day. I was size 8 when I bought the dress and had put on weight before the wedding day so I had to make alterations. I don't think there is harm in doing that.
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Time to fit na
    Hehe... salamat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mavid View Post
    I tried it on 3 times now lol
    excited masyado ang pretty lola!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    Had I not tried it on I wouldn't have worn it on the day. I was size 8 when I bought the dress and had put on weight before the wedding day so I had to make alterations. I don't think there is harm in doing that.
    Listen to Miss Gracia Leah!!

Talking

my own opinion and experience, i don't believe that it's bad luck. trust me. i have been married 2x, didn't wore it the day before but still my first marriage was bigamous, second marriage ended up in domestic violence, hmmm my third which is on 3rd of aug i think i will wear it the day before who knows maybe my luck will change
    "Success is not about how much money you have; it's about the choices you can make in life"

Banned
    i never try my wedding gown yet before my big day but they only measure what is the right fit on my body cause they make it as first userbut im not worried not to fit cause i always going to the gym

My designer scheduled 3 fittings. It is SOP to try on the wedding gown, you don't want to be stress on the day.

for me its not bad luck to fit ur wedding dress before the big day. And besides how can you know if the fitting is right and u are comfy or not if u will not fit it? I did fit my dress the time i bought it and when i get home to know if adjustment/s is needed. My wedding did posh through without any probs and still married
    I think its ones perception if u think you have to follow or would like to believe the old superstition then go for it just try to hide the bilbil well

Quote Originally Posted by paulgee View Post
    In my case I do beleive in superstition. I did not tried to fit it few days before the wedding date. I just tried to fit it early in the morning on our wedding day, and that was few hours before the wedding ceremony, which was held in the afternoon then. So far, my wedding gown fits well on me..
    hmmm I'm still can't vote ? don't know if i try on it or not .. a little bit believing in superstitious too but it is only depend on how you believe on it .. so guys good luck to you all and Leahnew, I'm glad to hear that you are fitting now on your wedding gown my bug keep talking to me about you and we wish you more luck, happiness and love in your life with your hubby

I can't avoid to believe superstition now
    forgive me guys i'm starting to get emotional again

Respected Member
    Hi leah, sorry about your situation now, i can understand why you're feeling the way you do now.....
    Strange but it makes me wonder too.....the superstition....but don't worry, i'm sure things will fall into place, just keep praying....
    Hope things will get sorted out soon so you can carry on the wedding as planned....

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Hi leah, sorry about your situation now, i can understand why you're feeling the way you do now.....
    Strange but it makes me wonder too.....the superstition....but don't worry, i'm sure things will fall into place, just keep praying....
    Hope things will get sorted out soon so you can carry on the wedding as planned....
    Thanks Sophie for the kind words..I really need that..

keeping the faith,
    Leah

Hi ate Leah even if u believe in superstition or not doesnt matter as long as the love and faith is strong for each other nothing/no one can get in the way for you and Chris. You can be sure that it will be better sooner or later so dont worry everythings gonna be alright. keep smiling and hold on tight coz life is a rollercoaster Marriage will come in the meantime enjoy each others company. I am here for you and others too as you were here for us.

As far as i know,its up to two people to make the marriage work not because on what you wear on the wedding day/superstitious belief.
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by simonline View Post

im not a bride,just wanna say the back design is good.
    love is a verb its not a feeling u lose/it is something u do/

Thread Information