Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question getting my son registered in uk

hello everyone! i need some advice,i have a son who was born in the philipines, and still lives there with my girlfriend.he has a philipino birth certificate. how do i go about getting him registered here in england?and then i want to apply for a british passport for him.so i can bring them both over here next year to meet my parents! thankyou

Banned
    Base in other members, I know you should marry the g/f first and that she will apply your son passport at British Embassy- Taguig
    Not much sure about if you havent married with the mother
    Wait some time for other member's knowledge and experience.
    Have not any plan marryng the girl? so that everything will easy to both of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Base in other members, I know you should marry the g/f first and that she will apply your son passport at British Embassy- Taguig
    Not much sure about if you havent married with the mother
    Wait some time for other member's knowledge and experience.
    Have not any plan marryng the girl? so that everything will easy to both of you?
    Birth registrations where the parents of the child are not married

A child born after 01.01.1983, is entitled to British Citizenship if the mother was born in the United Kingdom. Until 01.07.2006 there was no provision in nationality law for the consular registration of births of children where only the father was British and the parents were not married. The law changed on 01.07.2006 and from that date British fathers do not have to be married to the mothers of their children in order to be able to pass on their nationality.

We can therefore register the births of children born abroad to British fathers in these circumstances on or after 01.07.2006. We will need to see the child’s full birth certificate, the father’s full UK birth certificate, and the mother’s passport, DNI or birth certificate. Children born before 01.07.2006 do not benefit from this new legislation.

Banned
    So the question is... hehehe how old is your son? and shucks, DNI was too expensive to go that far....err

my son was born in october 2008,and yes i am named on the childs birth certificate! i didnt realize i needed the mothers birth certificate aswell.to register him in uk?i dont need people taking the mickey,just their help! i pay her 16ooo pesos a month for my son! as well as pay a mortgage in uk,

Banned

Smile

So the question is... hehehe how old is your son? and shucks, DNI was too expensive to go that far....err
    thankyou mrs major for your advice,and no i havent had dna test done! i belive that the child is mine!my son is 9 months old this thursday!ive read on here you filipinos dont like it when people make comments about you,nor do i! if you have something positive to say or help i would appreciate it very much! sorry if i appear rude,but i have enough on my plate as it is.as you know there is a recession and money is tight!if the government says i need a dna test then i will get one done!

thankyou joebloggs,mrs major for your advice, so i need the babys birth certificate the mothers certificate and mine to register him in the uk!or is that for his passport?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bert72 View Post
    thankyou mrs major for your advice,and no i havent had dna test done! i belive that the child is mine!my son is 9 months old this thursday!ive read on here you filipinos dont like it when people make comments about you,nor do i! if you have something positive to say or help i would appreciate it very much! sorry if i appear rude,but i have enough on my plate as it is.as you know there is a recession and money is tight!if the government says i need a dna test then i will get one done!
    No, you get me wrong there, the reason I say DNA test is... because that is one of the requirements of the embassy, not telling you that I dont believe that the baby wasnt you, you misunderstood me, my apology

Banned
    Oh no, it was Joe's comment about DNA, I read the thread again, so it wasnt me who said it...it means you dont need to go for the DNA as it was so expensive, not saying I dont believe the baby wasnt you..

thankyou joebloggs,mrs major for your advice,do i need all our birth certificates to register him in uk as mine! or is that for the passport?keep the advice coming it is appreciated!

Banned
    thankyou joebloggs,mrs major for your advice, so i need the babys birth certificate the mothers certificate and mine to register him in the uk!or is that for his passport?
    If she prepare all the necessary info documents, she could done two at a time having british passport and registered him as well at the embassy in manila- Taguig

look at this link for all the requirements

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...register-birth

http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk...in-philippines

Passport and registration need similar requirements.

I did this earlier this year as long as you bring all the required documents its not a long process.

mrs major thankyou,im sorry if i reacted wrong to your post, im just trying to sort out whats best for my son and girlfriend,i dont get alot of time at home to get on this site,im going to philipines at xmas to meet her family and spend some time with my son! unfortunately my mum cant fly due to illness,hense why im trying to get him registered over hear,then i can a
    apply for british passport for him!as im the oldest in my family,its my mums only grandchild.thankyou everybody this is a great site!

Banned
    No worries Bert, just dont hesitate all your querries, we are all willing to give advice base in our experience and knowledge.

dna test, have i missed something , i doubt the embassy will ask you for that, unless they get suspicious of something.

register him here in the uk?, you cannot get a passport for him in the uk, only from the British embassy in the phils, and i'm sure you don't have to register him in the phils, just apply for the passport if money is short.

Oh no, it was Joe's comment about DNA, I read the thread again, so it wasnt me who said it...it means you dont need to go for the DNA as it was so expensive, not saying I dont believe the baby wasnt you..
    where do i mention dna ?

it says DNI - i should have taken that out, as its (Documento Nacional de Identidad) doesn't apply for filipinos

but you could be asked to supply dna evidence. but i doubt it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    where do i mention dna ?

it says DNI - i should have taken that out, as its (Documento Nacional de Identidad) doesn't apply for filipinos

but you could be asked to supply dna evidence. but i doubt it.
    I looked into it...and he qoute me. but I said their DNI-- but he said DNA, its just cause of near sighted of me thinks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    where do i mention dna ?

Sure Joe, you didnt edit it...wahhh hahahaha joke lang Joe

I looked into it...and he qoute me. but I said their DNI-- but he said DNA, its just cause of near sighted of me thinks.
    yes you are right,my mistake, i need glasses.and again im sorry!

Respected Member
    Hi bert , You do not need to register the birth in the UK to obtain the passport, it took 10 working days for me to obtain my sons passport here in the PI, You can send all documents needed to the consular here in the PI and get your girlfriend to arrange I think? You would need different documents pics etc as you are not married, I was so it probably made it a little smoother. I will register his birth in the UK closer to the time we will move back but he is already a UK citizen and holds 2 passports lucky boy!

Natawa ako sa yo Mrs. Major. Pinaganda mo araw ko!

Thread Information