Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    It might be envy or galit Maria. It happened to me before I arrived here. After my 3 months holiday in Holland I discovered there are some customers of mine who used my shop for utangs. They are my nieces friends. Then I started to ask for payments, they started to hate me and trying to deny that they used my PC's. Then they said they will tell my husband that I'm still chatting with other men and having other BF's.

I had a word with them. I said, I don't know how can I help you girls because I love to help. All I can help you is to give my husband mobile number. If he believes, then I'm a loser. If not, then leave us alone. I told my hubby about that and told him to dump me if he doesn't trust me. Gosh, the the girls got what they deserved. They got dirty words

We must be always careful wherever we are. We are married and for me this is a vow. Hubby's family have nothing to say against me. I don't go alone even at work as I don't know how to drive. My hubby and Dad always there to drive for me. If that will happened with me in Britain, I will tell my hubby too and for sure he will have a word to tsismosa around.
    hi penny as long as theres filipinas around always be careful some cant help themselves with shismis!
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Respected Member
    hi maria and matt, I think they were envious and cant accept the fact that you are better than them.

my wife also shares the same experienced with her fellow filipinas,if I remember it right. My wife got an acquiantance filipina friend thru a website, and they used to chat before. Then one day I received an email from that filipina friend telling me that my wife was only marrying me because of money and other bad stuffs about my wife. I tried to call that filipina friend but she always rejected my call and still being nice with my wife but she (filipina friend) didn't knew that I am sure that my wife is honest and trustworthy and never ever asked for money to me even when we are in the courting stage and I have already done my own investigations about the matters.

Then Ive learned to my wife that the filipina friend stop communicating with her, maybe she realized that she can't break us apart. She bad mouthed my wife to other filipina saying we always fight and my wife is going to divorce me as soon as she get her citizenship. My wife never told me about this, she's always been the type of person who just cry and as much as possible avoid confrontations. Ive just learned about it when accidentally she forgot to log out her PC. I hope she didnt read this post or else I will get the filipina tampo.

I dont say that all filipnas are bad I believe whenever you are there will always be an odd people. Who cant accept the fact that somebody is happy and fulfilled with their life.

Banned
    Insecure, good-for-nothing, mal-edukada individuals... plain and simple... so M&M, dead-ma! .. hehehehe... stay happy, pretty, and drop-dead gorgeous... you are a star.. and you are "up there" that's why there are people who are trying to pull you down.

bless them instead and the blessing you gave will come back to you ten-folds.

Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Insecure, good-for-nothing, mal-edukada individuals... plain and simple... so M&M, dead-ma! .. hehehehe... stay happy, pretty, and drop-dead gorgeous... you are a star.. and you are "up there" that's why there are people who are trying to pull you down.

bless them instead and the blessing you gave will come back to you ten-folds.
    awwwww thank you! i have been called names before but u r the very first person to call me a star .. soooooo nice........ *blushes* babaw ko talga
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    awwwww thank you! i have been called names before but u r the very first person to call me a star .. soooooo nice........ *blushes* babaw ko talga
    hahaha... you are funny! we are all stars in our own right... as long as you have done nothing wrong, then there's no need for you to feel bad or guilty about anything... it's the chismosas problem, not yours.

Jealousy and backstabbing are very normal in Filipino society..
    The crab pot mentality that many Filipino`s share is world famous.
    If you understand that much then it becomes easy to cope with..
    If their jealousy is directed at me or my wife and kids then I simply rub it in!!
    Observing their rage is compensation in abundance.

i have always lived by the golden rule.. do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you!

i have always been good at ignoring gossip, but lately it has been getting on my nerves. filipinas especially have this habit of talking behind my back.. if i work they gossip that i am too poor so my husband sent me to work, if i dont work they say i am lazy!!!

it has been getting worst, i only have a handful of filipino friends to avoid gossip. i was in town last saturday and i saw a couple of pinays in boots, as i walked past them i heard one say, oh i heard that Maria (me) is having a relationship with an american airman on base!!! and that she was going to call my husband to let him know... i was like shocked as all my friends on the american base are pinays married to americans! i called my husband crying, and my husband told me that he finds that impossible and dismissed it. when he got home he told me that 10 years ago before we got married he got an anonymous letter telling him that i am marrying him for money.. and he then said that he thought it was from a filipina coz the english was not very good...

question is WHY!!! why would somebody do that...! i have never asked money from my husband wht he gives me is from his own doing not mine!! when my dad got so sick with cancer i didnt ask my husband for help, i was going to work and find my own money so i can help my dad, but it was my husband who said he will help that he wanted me to stay home..

a good friend told me that others are just jealous, jealous of what??? it seems that filipinas wherever they are in the world still gossip and envious of others,, if they see others with better lives they will pull down (crab mentality!) with me i do not care what you have, what house you have or what car you drive, what matters is the person that you are!

thank you,,, bow!
    THIS KIND OF SITUATION MADE ME PICKY in choosing friends...

Banned
    hi penny as long as theres filipinas around always be careful some cant help themselves with shismis!
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Jealousy and backstabbing are very normal in Filipino society..
    The crab pot mentality that many Filipino`s share is world famous.
    If you understand that much then it becomes easy to cope with..
    If their jealousy is directed at me or my wife and kids then I simply rub it in!!
    Observing their rage is compensation in abundance.
    Well said Maria and Fred. Careful! careful! you need to be careful.

One time, I went shopping with my friend who have 2 little kids, I look after the other one and one filipina said, Nanny ka na lang ngayon? Are you just nanny now? I was shocked, as it's sounds insulting to my ears. I have nothing against being a nanny but I am not qualified I'm not a teacher nor a nurse, didn't study childcare and had no experience to look after a baby

Then when I chatted with other friends, one said, penny you dressed like a nanny that time that's why she said you're a nanny and that's what she told me Kaya pala insulting ang impact ehehehhehe.

It hurt me a little because I was thinking why are filipinas so mean.
    I admit and accept that at my age, I look baduy now, but please don't judge a book by it's cover or else, I will dare you to let us be naked outside and ask people whose body parts are over used. I am baduy, can't afford to buy french coat but I can afford to fly

Thanks God I studied Psychology and understand and how to deal with people like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    I will dare you to let us be naked outside and ask people whose body parts are over used. I am baduy, can't afford to buy french coat but I can afford to fly
    Again..

Friendship here is one again..

i have always lived by the golden rule.. do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you!

i have always been good at ignoring gossip, but lately it has been getting on my nerves. filipinas especially have this habit of talking behind my back.. if i work they gossip that i am too poor so my husband sent me to work, if i dont work they say i am lazy!!!

it has been getting worst, i only have a handful of filipino friends to avoid gossip. i was in town last saturday and i saw a couple of pinays in boots, as i walked past them i heard one say, oh i heard that Maria (me) is having a relationship with an american airman on base!!! and that she was going to call my husband to let him know... i was like shocked as all my friends on the american base are pinays married to americans! i called my husband crying, and my husband told me that he finds that impossible and dismissed it. when he got home he told me that 10 years ago before we got married he got an anonymous letter telling him that i am marrying him for money.. and he then said that he thought it was from a filipina coz the english was not very good...

question is WHY!!! why would somebody do that...! i have never asked money from my husband wht he gives me is from his own doing not mine!! when my dad got so sick with cancer i didnt ask my husband for help, i was going to work and find my own money so i can help my dad, but it was my husband who said he will help that he wanted me to stay home..

a good friend told me that others are just jealous, jealous of what??? it seems that filipinas wherever they are in the world still gossip and envious of others,, if they see others with better lives they will pull down (crab mentality!) with me i do not care what you have, what house you have or what car you drive, what matters is the person that you are!

thank you,,, bow!
    sis bcoz they are not happy for what they got that why they are jealous to you
    all things are possible!

tsk tsk jealousy is indeed the root of all evil...

tsk tsk ....
    Flippin Russians....
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I thought it was the MOney
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

The Wife has seen and heard of some of the gossip. Luckily she normally chats to phills either who have been here a while and have blended in to UK society or simply people she gets on with regardless of background.

One remark my Wife heard from a 20 something girl whose parents came over from phill a long time ago. Was hey i cant belive you grew up in Phill.
    I asked "what did she mean by that"? My Wife replied, "oh that I didn't expect her to speak tagalog or ask her about what church she goes to" or of course all the other questions that seem to be asked.
    They just chatted as most young women do Shoes,shoes, shoes, bags,bags, clothes, clothes, make up blah blah

My Wife has only later sometimes told me of the conversations that she has had with ladies we have bumped into in the street. Many are of course just polite. But some have asked very personal questions or made very frank comments

On here I often here Women desperately looking for phill friends which i fully understand but please do go in with your eyes closed.

The first day my Wife came here we went to a "asian foods" store which turned out to be run by a Brit pinay couple. The guy was really welcoming to her and offered us invites to a large party in the area. We never did get the tickets or go as we never followed it up.

We are glad as time passing told us that the lady and her customers in the shop seemed to dabble in a lot of gossip. Thankfully another pinay who was a nurse advised her to just be polite and not get involved in deep conversation But with my Wife being only 21 when she got here to have suddenly found herself being possibly gossiped and debated about by much older and settled ladies would have been very painful.

we also by now were going to a phill store just up the road where the lovely phill couple who had been here for years treat my Wife and I both as good friends but have always looked after my Wife
    The only Conversation about other people or couples is always postive or just kindly The Lady in the shop also even helped sign my Wifes driving provisonal application

I do belive apart from the universal gossiping and possible phill traits. A lot is now to some being stuck in small groups in which they would never choose back home.

From what I have seen I would advise the ladies its better to have far fewer friends from phill but ones who you care about and care for you than to be surrounded by pinays just because your the only ones in your area.

Do also go in with your eyes wide open. Think why is this person being so nice? One pinay befriended my Wife and was so charming to her, then luckily another pinay who the Wife knew who had a Brit husband said be careful if she starts to ask to borrow things DON'T.
    This did happen and it turned out this Pinay was a tad unhinged luckily I was able to help the Wife and swapped her number and blocked her emails.

It does seem that an unspoken issue in this country is how many people who have for whatever reason moved to this country. Suffer often from issues due to homesickness, being lonely, not being able to feel comfortable in the Uk. Many are lucky and snap out of it but some dont and exhibit some very strange behaviour I have noticed.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    The Wife has seen and heard of some of the gossip. Luckily she normally chats to phills either who have been here a while and have blended in to UK society or simply people she gets on with regardless of background.

One remark my Wife heard from a 20 something girl whose parents came over from phill a long time ago. Was hey i cant belive you grew up in Phill.
    I asked "what did she mean by that"? My Wife replied, "oh that I didn't expect her to speak tagalog or ask her about what church she goes to" or of course all the other questions that seem to be asked.
    They just chatted as most young women do Shoes,shoes, shoes, bags,bags, clothes, clothes, make up blah blah

My Wife has only later sometimes told me of the conversations that she has had with ladies we have bumped into in the street. Many are of course just polite. But some have asked very personal questions or made very frank comments

On here I often here Women desperately looking for phill friends which i fully understand but please do go in with your eyes closed.

The first day my Wife came here we went to a "asian foods" store which turned out to be run by a Brit pinay couple. The guy was really welcoming to her and offered us invites to a large party in the area. We never did get the tickets or go as we never followed it up.

We are glad as time passing told us that the lady and her customers in the shop seemed to dabble in a lot of gossip. Thankfully another pinay who was a nurse advised her to just be polite and not get involved in deep conversation But with my Wife being only 21 when she got here to have suddenly found herself being possibly gossiped and debated about by much older and settled ladies would have been very painful.

we also by now were going to a phill store just up the road where the lovely phill couple who had been here for years treat my Wife and I both as good friends but have always looked after my Wife
    The only Conversation about other people or couples is always postive or just kindly The Lady in the shop also even helped sign my Wifes driving provisonal application

I do belive apart from the universal gossiping and possible phill traits. A lot is now to some being stuck in small groups in which they would never choose back home.

From what I have seen I would advise the ladies its better to have far fewer friends from phill but ones who you care about and care for you than to be surrounded by pinays just because your the only ones in your area.

Do also go in with your eyes wide open. Think why is this person being so nice? One pinay befriended my Wife and was so charming to her, then luckily another pinay who the Wife knew who had a Brit husband said be careful if she starts to ask to borrow things DON'T.
    This did happen and it turned out this Pinay was a tad unhinged luckily I was able to help the Wife and swapped her number and blocked her emails.

It does seem that an unspoken issue in this country is how many people who have for whatever reason moved to this country. Suffer often from issues due to homesickness, being lonely, not being able to feel comfortable in the Uk. Many are lucky and snap out of it but some dont and exhibit some very strange behaviour I have noticed.

Yep, it's really sad that these things do happen even if they already have left the country. Filipinos miss their own country, their own fellowmen, their families and all but the reality thing is, no matter where they go, they will always be "Filipinos" (if you know what I mean...)

I think the best thing is, avoid familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Yep, it's really sad that these things do happen even if they already have left the country. Filipinos miss their own country, their own fellowmen, their families and all but the reality thing is, no matter where they go, they will always be "Filipinos" (if you know what I mean...)

I think the best thing is, avoid familiarity.
    Well wouldn't go that far but do pick those you hang around with. Seems to be the best idea.

I know if i was in phill i would never hang around with a Brit just because they were a Brit. Only if we got on.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    I thought it was the MOney
    Actually you're BOTH right!! In responding to another recent post I had occasion to cite the old maxim: "Money is the Root of all Evil"; however, Jealousy & Greed are two offshoots that all too frequently sprout from the same source ... seeds of dissatisfaction and resentment motivated by a desire to "Keep Up with the Joneses".

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Actually you're BOTH right!! In responding to another recent post I had occasion to cite the old maxim: "Money is the Root of all Evil"; however, Jealousy & Greed are two offshoots that all too frequently sprout from the same source ... seeds of dissatisfaction and resentment motivated by a desire to "Keep Up with the Joneses" (another familiar [British] saying).
    or they may think spreading as rumours as fun?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Actually you're BOTH right!! In responding to another recent post I had occasion to cite the old maxim: "Money is the Root of all Evil"; however, Jealousy & Greed are two offshoots that all too frequently sprout from the same source ... seeds of dissatisfaction and resentment motivated by a desire to "Keep Up with the Joneses".
    I totally agree
    Most of the time, money or too much desire for money is usually the root cause of jealousy,
    thus making money the root of evil.........
    either way, too much money or lack of money is the root of evil, i think....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

to cite the old maxim: "Money is the Root of all Evil";
    however, Jealousy & Greed are two offshoots that all too frequently sprout from the same source ... seeds of dissatisfaction and resentment motivated by a desire to "Keep Up with the Joneses".

I am really impressed Arthur! Thank you for sharing all your thoughts & wisdom!

You have to make selection of your acquaintances and let the rest go. We experienced something like that as well, the irony is when they need something then you get a call. I wouldn't lose my sleep over this.
    This is life.

:( Unfortunately, Filipinos are like this everywhere in the world. My mom worked in California for three years and she said the worst abuse she got was from Filipino customers. Sometimes it seems that Filipinos/as are not content to just be happy for others. It's pretty sad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information