Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hello Maria. What a truly HORRIBLE experience! Jealousy and Gossip are to be deplored. Sadly, all too frequently, the latter is "born" of the former and, believe me, it is prevalent the world over although, I would've thought, maybe to a *lesser extent amongst Filipinos ... perhaps I've been deluded in my thinking in *this respect, and it disappoints me ... because I'd long been under the impression that the Pinas were, shall we say, less susceptible to the pressures of materialistic power and wealth to be found in most modern, westernised societies.

Having said that, I would not wish this thread to develop into a 'political saga'. And nor would I want to provoke a further religious debate. But it seems to me that the pinays you overheard in your local Boots the Chemist have "conveniently forgotten" the Christian values taught to them back home - in so far as they learned to be at least, reasonably content with their lot [in other words: "what they never HAD ... they never MISSED!"] - and have somehow become tainted with the desire for material gain at all costs ... even to the extent of riding roughshod over others like yourself who are merely trying to earn an honest living to SUPPORT husbands/families ... in order to achieve their ends.

Ignore such people, Maria ... they're simply not worth the effort of listening to!! Stick with your moral principles and always remain proud of them. If you're not working for an employer at the present moment, don't worry about it ... I'm sure your husband will agree that being a housewife is the BEST job of all ... especially when you're there to welcome him home each night!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyhere View Post
    maria,
    in case you will be in this scneario again, and you could hear them saying bad words or making chismis about you,...JUST stop, look at them from head to toe, sarcastically smiling
    and showing them ur hands making a sign of BIG LETTER "L" ( meaning losers)
    and say this words in a very sweet singing voice..:furious3
    " Eat your heart out folks"

try to feel happy and kiddy about it...
    this goes to show.....ur that popular, Girl!!
    hahaha...
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyhere View Post
    this goes to show.....ur that popular, Girl!!
    Your right

Respected Member
    Dont give them the honour of talking about them. They are worthless and dont let it trouble your mind. The only people whose opinions you should care about are the people you love and respect, thats what I do.
    As mentioned before, it`s more than likely they are jealous of what you have.
    Dont let the drag you down to their level.
    Oh and one more thing, the pasta was masarap

If I were you I would remind these gossipers that "Malicous Falsehood" is a criminal offence in Britain, if that isn't enough to make them more polite...(funny how someones attitude can change overnight eh?) Then start gathering evidence of this falsehood and consider prosecuting, don't be a willing victim..it sounds like emotional/psychological abuse to me...

I was once sent an anonymous email from Philippines saying nasty things about my Vimvie, they accused her of things that I know for sure simply arent true!...I suspect it came from her old school friends who were maybe bitterly unhappy that she would be coming to live in Britain with me...maybe they were thinking "why is she going to Britain and not me?" And seeing her become more excited and happy about coming just made their blood boil and I think maybe this is why they sent the email..? (I ignored it obviously..)

But anyway, maybe you have rules against harrassment in your workplace?

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by maria_and_matt View Post
    i have always lived by the golden rule.. do not do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you!

i have always been good at ignoring gossip, but lately it has been getting on my nerves. filipinas especially have this habit of talking behind my back.. if i work they gossip that i am too poor so my husband sent me to work, if i dont work they say i am lazy!!!

it has been getting worst, i only have a handful of filipino friends to avoid gossip. i was in town last saturday and i saw a couple of pinays in boots, as i walked past them i heard one say, oh i heard that Maria (me) is having a relationship with an american airman on base!!! and that she was going to call my husband to let him know... i was like shocked as all my friends on the american base are pinays married to americans! i called my husband crying, and my husband told me that he finds that impossible and dismissed it. when he got home he told me that 10 years ago before we got married he got an anonymous letter telling him that i am marrying him for money.. and he then said that he thought it was from a filipina coz the english was not very good...

question is WHY!!! why would somebody do that...! i have never asked money from my husband wht he gives me is from his own doing not mine!! when my dad got so sick with cancer i didnt ask my husband for help, i was going to work and find my own money so i can help my dad, but it was my husband who said he will help that he wanted me to stay home..

a good friend told me that others are just jealous, jealous of what??? it seems that filipinas wherever they are in the world still gossip and envious of others,, if they see others with better lives they will pull down (crab mentality!) with me i do not care what you have, what house you have or what car you drive, what matters is the person that you are!

thank you,,, bow!

gossips...gossips!!! This scenario is all too familiar to me.

sad but true that there are bunch of immature + insecure people out there who decided that their mission in life is to discuss other people's weaknesses

and it's scary that sometimes some of them are even in your circle of friends so most of the time you dont realize the damage they are doing because they put on a sweet smile while they are gently stabbing you in the back!

the problem is that gossip can be very hurtful and even damaging to a person's life. Sadly, this damage can occur whether the gossip is factual or not. Even worse, it can last a lifetime.

Simply stated, gossiping causes trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    Dont give them the honour of talking about them. They are worthless and dont let it trouble your mind. The only people whose opinions you should care about are the people you love and respect, thats what I do.
    As mentioned before, it`s more than likely they are jealous of what you have.
    Dont let the drag you down to their level.
    Oh and one more thing, the pasta was masarap
    adam???
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Respected Member
    adam???

hey adam! what do u want to eat this saturday?? we are having shrimps crabs and fish, what do u fancy?

Respected Member
    hey adam! what do u want to eat this saturday?? we are having shrimps crabs and fish, what do u fancy?
    mince and dumplings followed by black forest gateau please
    joke lang
    anythings fine for me, i`ll bring some beer and cigars

joke lang
    k rice and dried fish fou the hubbys then

Banned
    joke lang
    k rice and dried fish fou the hubbys then
    Can I join ? ( batting eyelashes)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Can I join ? ( batting eyelashes)
    it wont be the same without you muah! what time?

Banned
    it wont be the same without you muah! what time?
    Since we are late last week because of that navigator, and we leave early as well, this Sat will be there 8am. Hows that joke lang po maybe before 12

Since we are late last week because of that navigator, and we leave early as well, this Sat will be there 8am. Hows that joke lang po maybe before 12
    dont leave early

Banned
    We will sleep there then.....hehehe

Hey Adam, you gone ? where you now? lol

what is the gossip here?
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Respected Member
    We will sleep there then.....hehehe

Hey Adam, you gone ? where you now? lol
    We`re just getting Isaac to sleep. Little fellas been trying to chat with us for the last hour and hes fighting his tiredness na!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    what is the gossip here?
    In the first post Anne (dont jump in the second page hahaha), that is always happen many times that the thread goes to another issue, its just so happen that the thread starter is Maria, which I have met and know already, so I dont mind replying or answering her back thou.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    .......But it seems to me that the pinays you overheard in your local Boots the Chemist have "conveniently forgotten" the Christian values taught to them back home..........
    Arthur,
    Gossip knows no boundaries, has no connection with religion and is in all nationalities.
    Maria and Matt, I once lived in Spain and the British there were just like the gossips you have seen in your town or city. Keep strong and just ignore them.
    People HATE to be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Arthur,
    Gossip knows no boundaries, has no connection with religion and is in all nationalities.
    Maria and Matt, I once lived in Spain and the British there were just like the gossips you have seen in your town or city. Keep strong and just ignore them.

thanks apo i do ignore them.. i guess i was in a bad mood last saturday hence the ranting i do not care what they say coz in my heart i know it all lies..

Banned
    Sis, ganda ng signature mo ah,

*God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off*

I know a woman who hung around Naval bases and was always full of seamen
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Oh -oh Maria, Keith is teasing you oh, does she have aids already ?

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Arthur,
    You're absolutely right, of course, Mike. Some of the worst gossips I know can be found in the Church of all places ... so-called "respected" office bearers, at that! I often think, too, that the British nation has the monopoly in "scandal-mongering".

I remember moving with my family from my birthplace in Glasgow to a country village 10 miles south of Perth. I was only eight years old at the time - a stranger to these parts - and, being considerably taller than the rest of my peer group, I was teased mercilessly on account of my surname. And ... oh ... it used to really "get my goat" and I always reacted angrily to the taunts [as young kids are apt to DO!!]. But, in retrospect, I should just have ignored them. Easier said than at THAT age, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

i just read this maria,where are you going to hide the bodies.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

i just read this maria,where are you going to hide the bodies.
    i am thinking in the boot of my husbands carwhen he gets caught he will be sent to jail and that is another of my big prob gone

i am thinking in the boot of my husbands carwhen he gets caught he will be sent to jail and that is another of my big prob gone
    killing two birds with one stone
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    killing two birds with one stone
    yup thats the master plan

Banned
    It might be envy or galit Maria. It happened to me before I arrived here. After my 3 months holiday in Holland I discovered there are some customers of mine who used my shop for utangs. They are my nieces friends. Then I started to ask for payments, they started to hate me and trying to deny that they used my PC's. Then they said they will tell my husband that I'm still chatting with other men and having other BF's.

I had a word with them. I said, I don't know how can I help you girls because I love to help. All I can help you is to give my husband mobile number. If he believes, then I'm a loser. If not, then leave us alone. I told my hubby about that and told him to dump me if he doesn't trust me. Gosh, the the girls got what they deserved. They got dirty words

We must be always careful wherever we are. We are married and for me this is a vow. Hubby's family have nothing to say against me. I don't go alone even at work as I don't know how to drive. My hubby and Dad always there to drive for me. If that will happened with me in Britain, I will tell my hubby too and for sure he will have a word to tsismosa around.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information