Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: few queries

Banned

few queries

hello to all found this forum ver helpful

my question is about filling up the settelement VAF41 about Travel Dates..?
    is the the date from which u fill and if you are going to be granted..which i know 3 months is the result just bit confuse..

there`s no specic lenght of time for your visa results it only depends if you have sufficient evidence and can support your wife or fiancee
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    Yup,you cant sure how long you will have the visa,can be one month, can be six months, base in other members application

so would that part of the form be left blank???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    so would that part of the form be left blank???
    Let say you will submit it July 01, say the travel date is October 15 not bad enough because in the website 3 months is the waiting figure,

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    hello to all found this forum ver helpful

my question is about filling up the settelement VAF41 about Travel Dates..?
    is the the date from which u fill and if you are going to be granted..which i know 3 months is the result just bit confuse..
    Hello, Ross. If my memory serves me correctly, I know the section of the VAF4 to which you're referring. And it confused ME too ... to the extent that at the time we were completing ours last January, I'd wondered WHY the authorities bothered including such a question when it was well-documented that the average processing time for spousal visas was around 3 months.

Anyway, nothing daunted, I inserted February 19, 2009 as being the date on which I would be leaving the Phils. In so-doing, my letter of sponsorship drew attention to the fact that I was keen for my wife to accompany me because she'd never, ever been abroad before, and I didn't want her travelling such a distance unaccompanied. But, in spite of this undoubtedly very relevant explanation, my plea went unheeded and, somewhat ironically, her visa arrived a mere four days after I came back home ... on my own!

Better [slightly] late than never, I suppose. And, in the event, I daresay WE were fortunate that our visa was approved so quickly, given the length of time others have had to wait. But all the same ... !

Yes, it's confusing, But I really believe it would be worth your while putting down the *date you would LIKE the visa and if you [as your good lady's sponsor] were also to include *it -along with valid reason(s) for this - in your covering letter, then so much the better ... you never know your luck! And finally, please keep in mind, that applications for spouse visas are SELDOM - if ever - refused ... no matter how long the process takes!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... finally, please keep in mind, that applications for spouse visas are SELDOM - if EVER - refused ... no matter how long the process takes!
    ... Just one other point: DO remember to re-check ALL documents required BEFORE submission. There are quite a few extremely useful threads on this forum for consultation and guidance. If, for any reason, you get stuck (or have difficulty in finding those) please don't hesitate to ask us for help.

Good luck, mate!

Respected Member
    My wife submitted her documents last week in May. We, like many are in the waiting game. I noticed on 13th June that Singapore Airlines was doing a promo to Asia and Australia. I took the chance and booked a return ticket for myself in middle of September. I have booked her a oneway ticket from Davao to Singapore using airmiles and will book the remember when we get the visa.

It is a chance but when return flights are at £320 all inclusive it is worth a chance. I just hope I don't have the same experience as Arther Little.

One question I have is that I didn't include deed of my parents property with the application. My mom couldn't find it and it was with the family lawyer. I have a copy now just in case she has an interview. On my application we stated that my wife will stay at home with my parents. My mom posted my wife a letter of support and stated she is welcome to stay in our home. I took photographs of all rooms and made a small album with each room description. Is this satisfactory?

Thanks for everyone's help in this long process and I will be glad when it is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnywina View Post
    My wife submitted her documents last week in May. We, like many are in the waiting game. I noticed on 13th June that Singapore Airlines was doing a promo to Asia and Australia. I took the chance and booked a return ticket for myself in middle of September. I have booked her a oneway ticket from Davao to Singapore using airmiles and will book the remainder when we get the visa.
    It is a chance but when return flights are at £320 all inclusive it is worth a chance. I just hope I don't have the same experience as Arthur Little.
    I see your wife's application was submitted at the end of May, Jonny ... in WHICH case - all things being equal - she SHOULD have her visa in sufficient time for you to travel together on the pre-booked Davao/Singapore flight, i.e. if the British Embassy maintains its current target-schedules.

However, in the unlikely event of these NOT being met, I found Singapore Airlines to be very flexible when it comes to changing dates. And here again, I speak from personal experience in that, due to prevailing circumstances at the time we were awaiting the processing of MY wife's visa, I'd to postpone my homeward-bound flight. But, much to my relief, the airline office in Davao accepted my reasons for this, and allowed me to travel on the later date I mentioned in my reponse to Ross.

it was well-worth taking a chance on a fare like the one you earned through [?Krisflyer] airmiles; it would've been daft not to! So let's continue to look on the bright side ... and good luck to you both with your application.

It might help to say something like;

Travel Date: Sept. 15, 2009 (can be changed depending on circumstances)
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Respected Member
    we stated on our application that we would like to travel at some point in August. Lucky for me this special fare starts from sept 1 to dec 9 so decided sept 14 return date and gives me 15 weeks since we applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnywina View Post
    we stated on our application that we would like to travel at some point in August. Lucky for me this special fare starts from sept 1 to dec 9 so decided sept 14 return date and gives me 15 weeks since we applied.
    Thats basically it, I think the question is on all forms around the world, where of course some places will have shorter waiting lists. We put a date down on ours and it came stamped with an earlier date but only a few days.

The start of the Visa and when you depart to go back is very important as it can affect ILR as you have a window for which you can apply for that.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member
    i submitted my application 27th of november 2008, and put in the form asking travel date was 1st february 2009.

got my visa 15th of january 2009.

i still remember the ECO asked me 'When do you want me to release your visa? Today or in February?'
    of course I answered 'today'

goodluck!

Thread Information