Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Student visa, BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care

Hi! I'm currently in contact with a consultancy firm here in Manila about acquiring a student visa in UK. They offer me the BTEC Higher National Diploma in Health and Social Care as a course at Impact International College. They also told me that the requirements for student visa are different from last year and that it is easier now to get the visa since less docs are required. I was reading some threads here and i only found NVQ applications, does anyone know how different this BTEC is from NVQ? And is it true that it is much easier to get the visa now? Please Help. Thanks in advance.

Respected Member
    I wouldn't say student visas are easier to get now, but if you meet the requirements you should be issued with a visa.

The two main requirements are a letter of sponsorship from the college and enough money for maintenance and course fees. I think that currently you'll need at least £7800 (PHP610000) - this excludes fees for the consultantancy firm and flights.

NVQ courses tend to involve paid working, where BTEC is purely in the classroom.

Banned
    It cost a lot of money to apply a student visa to study higher caregiving course here. That's why I told my nieces to gain two years experience, passed their english test and apply directly to New Zealand Nursing Council. They will work as Nurse in hospital not caregiver. Unlike consultancy firm, they sometimes exploit applicants to study NVQ caregiving here.

It cost a fortune too but there's big difference when it comes to job description and not wasting time and money studying.

Goodluck!! Try to get in touch with students here how they get on with studying

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    I wouldn't say student visas are easier to get now, but if you meet the requirements you should be issued with a visa.

The two main requirements are a letter of sponsorship from the college and enough money for maintenance and course fees. I think that currently you'll need at least £7800 (PHP610000) - this excludes fees for the consultantancy firm and flights.

NVQ courses tend to involve paid working, where BTEC is purely in the classroom.
    thank you. your advice is really appreciated.

thank you guys for your advices.

Thread Information