Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Are there Filipinos in Berkshire? or even just near Berkshire....

Just want to know if there are Filipinos living in Berkshire (Reading) or even just near the vicinity. I might be visiting there to meet my bfs family and friends and see what life there. Also at the same time wants to meet Filipinos around the place coz i think it would really be nice to meet kababayans there and observe how they were able to cope with life there specially in the way of living, change of weather, new culture, etc..

Hello aryM, welcome to the forum. Asa ka dapita sa Ddel sur?

Hiyah! I visit Reading in Berkshire every friday and there is definately a handful of Filipino's living there, I believe there is a Filipina on this forum that is living in Reading...I can't remember her user name though! Doh!

A lot of our Nurses and Carers in Britain are Filipino's, so you'll find there are Filipino's everywhere really!

Reading is quite a nice place by the way...there are plenty of shops there and Reading has a big popular Rock festival once a year..(The Reading festival..)

Hope this helps!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Smile I am so much happy....

Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hello aryM, welcome to the forum. Asa ka dapita sa Ddel sur?
    Thanks for the warm welcome...! Taga Sta. Cruz ko, ikaw? Lipay kaayo ko nga nameet taka diri sa forum... thank you, you're such a nice person...

Are you now in UK? Asa dapit? Hadlok man gud ko oi kay lisod gud malayo sa pamilya unya kung mopuyo nako diha kauban sa ako mga anak, hadlok ko basi lisod ang adjustment...bisayaon lang nako ha...

Quote Originally Posted by nigel View Post
    Hiyah! I visit Reading in Berkshire every friday and there is definately a handful of Filipino's living there, I believe there is a Filipina on this forum that is living in Reading...I can't remember her user name though! Doh!

A lot of our Nurses and Carers in Britain are Filipino's, so you'll find there are Filipino's everywhere really!

Reading is quite a nice place by the way...there are plenty of shops there and Reading has a big popular Rock festival once a year..(The Reading festival..)

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the informations given Nigel, felt quiet good now

God Bless...!

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    Just want to know if there are Filipinos living in Berkshire (Reading) or even just near the vicinity. I might be visiting there to meet my bfs family and friends and see what life there. Also at the same time wants to meet Filipinos around the place coz i think it would really be nice to meet kababayans there and observe how they were able to cope with life there specially in the way of living, change of weather, new culture, etc..
    Hi amiga. There are several in or around Reading. I have met some from the forum there and also have a friend working at the Hilton Bracknell. Hopefully, you will get some direct responses. Next time i'm there with my queen and princess i will let you know.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Here you are Mary,Dyann is in reading,seen a number of pinays walking around the town

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=14036&page=4

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thanks for the warm welcome...! Taga Sta. Cruz ko, ikaw? Lipay kaayo ko nga nameet taka diri sa forum... thank you, you're such a nice person...

Are you now in UK? Asa dapit? Hadlok man gud ko oi kay lisod gud malayo sa pamilya unya kung mopuyo nako diha kauban sa ako mga anak, hadlok ko basi lisod ang adjustment...bisayaon lang nako ha...

Oh,sabah ka diha dAy oi! asa dapita sa Sta.cruz? Cebuli o Coronon hehee! dugoy2x biya ko ng work diha sauna.

Anyway, 2 years palang ko diri sa Stoke-On-Trent, UK. Abi nimo mao usab na akong gibati sauna oi hadlok ko ug dili unta ko gusto malayo sa pamilya..nah!wa koy nahimo kay dia man diri akong kapalaran...Ok, ingat u!

Oh,sabah ka diha dAy oi! asa dapita sa Sta.cruz? Cebuli o Coronon hehee! dugoy2x biya ko ng work diha sauna.

Anyway, 2 years palang ko diri sa Stoke-On-Trent, UK. Abi nimo mao usab na akong gibati sauna oi hadlok ko ug dili unta ko gusto malayo sa pamilya..nah!wa koy nahimo kay dia man diri akong kapalaran...Ok, ingat u!

Sa Poblacion amoa dapit, duol sa simbahan sa Katoliko. Asa ka dapit nagtrabaho sa una diri? sa municipyo? Nakatrabaho ko sa PAIC Office sa una. Karon nagteach nako diri sa Sta. Cruz National High School. Maayo pa ka ay kay naka adjust dayon ka. Naa naka work diha?

Magkita unta ta puhon diha no...

Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    Hi amiga. There are several in or around Reading. I have met some from the forum there and also have a friend working at the Hilton Bracknell. Hopefully, you will get some direct responses. Next time i'm there with my queen and princess i will let you know.
    Hi my friend! Thanks for replying, I appreciate it much... Hope i can meet more kababayans here so ease my fears and worries of getting there...

Thanks again my friend and God Bless you and your family!

Banned

Sa Poblacion amoa dapit, duol sa simbahan sa Katoliko. Asa ka dapit nagtrabaho sa una diri? sa municipyo? Nakatrabaho ko sa PAIC Office sa una. Karon nagteach nako diri sa Sta. Cruz National High School. Maayo pa ka ay kay naka adjust dayon ka. Naa naka work diha?

In English, sige na.........

So that more people may be able to understand and could be able to give support or advice... Diba...??

Maraming salamat.

Hello Tawi2...

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Here you are Mary,Dyann is in reading,seen a number of pinays walking around the town

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=14036&page=4

Thanks for reply Mr. Tawi, i appreciate it so much at long last i was able to find a filipina who is reading now...

Thanks again,.. i will try to talk to her...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    In English, sige na.........

So that more people may be able to understand and could be able to give support or advice... Diba...??

Maraming salamat.
    Ahhahaha sorry po,...

I was so happy with her reply and was saying that I'm from Sta. Cruz because she said the she has worked here before.

I am expressing my so much happiness meeting a kabayan here who spoke the same dialect as mine, and knowing that we came from the same province

I have fears in going there so my bf and i have decided to go there for a visit and will just decide later if will get married there and be relocated.

I was asking questions about her. about her work here before and her work there now. I also said that I am glad that she was able to adjust there easily, as thats what i am very much afraid of.

Hope you can share some views on how is life there in UK, specially the weather and the hot showers

Thanks for you concern my friend... God Bless...!

You live at sta cruz,near the catholic church,you worked at Provincial agricultural industrial center,now you teach at sta cruz national high school,its good you have adjusted there,are you working,we will meet soon?I will interpret for you mary,I have a visayan/english dictionary and understand a little,makasabot ko nimo

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Thumbs up Wow!

You live at sta cruz,near the catholic church,you worked at Provincial agricultural industrial center,now you teach at sta cruz national high school,its good you have adjusted there,are you working,we will meet soon?I will interpret for you mary,I have a visayan/english dictionary and understand a little,makasabot ko nimo

Hi Tawi! Wow you have interpreted it well...! Thanks, you are really good., I enjoyed reading your posts it so informative and some so disappointing
    But it amazes me more that you knew our dialect. I find it hard to teach my bf with our dialect, he has learned some few lines anyway. Im glad also that you knew about PAIC, the investment promotion and tourism office of our municipality. Maybe you have made a research on that huhm...

Sorry to dissapoint you Mary,my mother used to say that to me as well,maybe its a woman thing Which part of davao are you?Saan sa dabaw?

Sorry to dissapoint you Mary,my mother used to say that to me as well,maybe its a woman thing Which part of davao are you?Saan sa dabaw?

Im in the southern part Tawi., Sta. Cruz, Davao del Sur. Google it...

Dont need to google it Mary,been going to davao at least once a year since the early 1990's

Banned
    Hope you can share some views on how is life there in UK, specially the weather and the hot showers
    You really wouldnt be a problem in weather once you get used to it, a matter of 2 weeks I already adjust myself into it, about the hot shower lol it is up to you too if you want hot, bit warm, and absolutely cold one

Thumbs up

Dont need to google it Mary,been going to davao at least once a year since the early 1990's
    my name is Myra but its ok to call me Mary, thats where my Myra derived from its just my parents realized that there are already a lot of Marys in the world...

So you're very much oriented with the Philippines and Davao itself that is so nice... i bet you like Philippines so much, thanks!

there are lots of filipinos in reading. the town centre is just small and you can see students almost anywhere. there is also a filipino store along the "smelly alley" which offers a sari-sari store, remittance center and haircut for a small price of £7 only

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    there are lots of filipinos in reading. the town centre is just small and you can see students almost anywhere. there is also a filipino store along the "smelly alley" which offers a sari-sari store, remittance center and haircut for a small price of £7 only

Hello Doonat thanks for the information, i appreciate it very much. My friend in Berkshire have met only few Filipinos there, but said that there maybe lots. And i guess he's right, thanks again my friend.

Bitaw noh magkita unta ta phon.. Nindot man diay ka work diay oi! Restaurant ako gitarbahoan sauna diha dapit sa Coronon. Ug wala pako nka work dri kay nag yaya pako sa ako bata hehehe!

Hello Reading people! For your information there is a shop in Whitley Street called "Quality food and Wine" it is about two doors to the right of the post office there in Whitley Street. There is a nice young indian guy who works there, he will let you buy go bananas phone cards for just £3.50 each if you buy three or four at once! They are normally £4 or £5...

Hey I'll be in Reading tomorrow! Is anyone going to invite me in for a cup of tea?

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Maybe that nice young indian guy with the phone cards will buy you a cuppa chai nigel I will buy you a san mig if your at the barrio fiesta sa london Not that I promote alcoholism or anything like that,its just I cant remember seeing tea sold there last year

Bitaw noh magkita unta ta phon.. Nindot man diay ka work diay oi! Restaurant ako gitarbahoan sauna diha dapit sa Coronon. Ug wala pako nka work dri kay nag yaya pako sa ako bata hehehe!
    Wow maayo kay naa na ka baby, at least dili na kaayo ka mingawon diri. Ok man ako work diri mao nga worried ko kung mopuyo diha, gusto nako nga kung modecide man galing ko ug reside diha dapat han-ay na. Mao na purpose sa ako visit puhon ug makaluy-an. Asa ka dapit sa Coronon nagwork? sa may Dolly's Seafood House?

Hi

I'm in Bracknell, which is about 12 miles from Reading. My fiancee isn't here yet, but we should be applying for a Visa in 2 or 3 weeks (hopefully, just waiting for divorce paperwork).

Any information about the area you need, I'm happy to provide. I lived in Reading for 8 years before moving to Bracknell.

Very,very surprised but Reading was recently voted the worst town in the UK to bring up children because of the high crime rateEast Dunbartonshire was voted the best place to raise a family

As I mentioned, I lived tehre for a long time, with 2 young children, and never had any problems whatsoever. We moved before my kids started formal schooling though, so the schools may be different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information