Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ate o Kuya????

Ate o Kuya????

Well for some lovely filipina ladies here and some filipino gents and of course for everybody.I have this questions for soooooo long now.Do you mind if somebody younger than you are call you ate or kuya because if you ask me I dont mind at allbecause I have a brother and a sister they both address me as ate and I am used to that and I would prefer younger one to call me that way.That`s why if I meet somebody older than me I have to ask him/her if he/she wanted to be called ate or kuya I have two filipino neighbor here a male and female.The female one prefer me to address her by her name but the thing is her daughter follows her to call me by my name and she`s only 8 years old while the other one I call him kuya in return he calls me ate I mean our age gap would be like 5 years or more than that I guess, so I thougt he doesn`t want to be called kuya again!It`s just that I have been brought up by my parents to respect the elders,we all are! its like a thing that we learn to grew up with our good manners and right conduct so to speakand I know we have different cultures in here and in PI its just that I hope we`ll still continue what we have learn from when we were small!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

You can call me Manong inday

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    You can call me Manong inday
    bugger lugs you`re a bayot

Its "Bugger-LUGS" and its BAKLA

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Its "Bugger-LUGS" and its BAKLA
    Bayot,bakla,darna

Inday.........................you forgot Bading

Banned
    I teach my step son to call me "Tita" and she ask me why tita while my name is "Juliet", I explain to him that in our country "calling me Juliet as your age(& yrsold) sounds rude or no manners so its up to you if you still want to call me Juliet, your choice" and he replied,"I LIke Tita".

While I ask Tom before when we havent married yet, what shall I call to his Mom and he said, call her Rachelle, and I said"Whatttttttttttttttttt? So what I did is didnt call her anything till we havent married, now I keep calling her mum, gessh sounds awful isnt it?

Really they need to learn lots, in terms of addressing people with respect like Philippines

Banned
    Sorry Wheela, your question is ate or kuya but my reply is relevant thou hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    While I ask Tom before when we havent married yet, what shall I call to his Mom and he said, call her Rachelle, and I said"Whatttttttttttttttttt? So what I did is didnt call her anything till we havent married, now I keep calling her mum, gessh sounds awful isnt it?

Really they need to learn lots, in terms of addressing people with respect like Philippines
    Same here while my other half in PI with me his son in law texted him and called him by his name and it was like "why is he calling you by your name?" I was confuse and he asked me back what do you call your parents in law in here then and I replied same as you call your parents mum and dad.See the difference

Respected Member
    my son Yujin calls his 2cousins here (adam's nieces) ate... adam just explained what it means when yujin met them and calling them ate.
    it's also different about here calling uncles and aunties. like adam's uncles and aunties, yujin can't call them grandma or grandpa. he calls them uncle and aunt too. same as adam's cousins.. my sons can't call them aunt or uncle...
    i was ask once just few days ago by one of Yujin's teacher what kuya means... i said older brother. and then she asked me if Yujin has older brothers, i said no, yujin was talking about his cousins back in the Philippines. so i explained to her that we have to use this words even if she/he is not your real brother or sister, and told her it's our way to respect people and not to call them just by their names.
    it's kinda hard for us because we were brought to respect elders.. i still remember when i was young, my grandma will slap me if i forgot to say kuya or ate same as aunt/uncle and so on.

If your grandfaher slapped you did you call 163 bantay bata

I think you`re a Komedyanting BaklaUr making me laugh Tawi2 and its hurting my tummy

Banned
    I will answer, no my kids didnt call 163, as I am very strict mother, I hit them with my belt, and they just say"ouch" and one word of "NO" is enoguh to both of them to behave, while my step son makes me as he play the food and the father keep saying 5x of no but he dont bother and I said to him, "your lucky I am not your mother" and he said "yah my father is a nice guy" and I said "thats why your take for granted as he didnt hit you"

Hit them with your belt I always used to say to my boy when he was small "Hoy,sinteron nin kita" he just laughed and said "Bakit" I had a good answer "Bakit hindi" I wouldnt really hit him,I dont agree with hitting kids,not that theres a right way nor a wrong way to bring up a child,just everyone has different views havent they?How olds your step-son Mrs M?Small child??

Respected Member
    when i was young i'm a battered granddaughter.. but my love for my lola is just like my love for my mother.
    she hits me because i've been bad, though she've been very strict and crossed the line in disciplining me. i know she just loved me so much and wanted me to be a good person.
    when Yujin did something really bad i hit him hard once so he'll remember it. now i just scare him that i'll hit him, then he'll just listen to me because he knows it will really hurt.

I saw someone punch her niece about 2 years ago in pinas,totally uncalled for,she did it with real venom I didnt like that,I actually asked her "What are you doing???" she was ashamed but the poor kid was still crying

Banned
    How olds your step-son Mrs M?Small child??
    He's 8 on Sept. and he is bit annoying sometimes, although when he go home to his mom (because he only spent 24 hours during weeekend with us), his mom ask him If I am nice to him, he said "yessss" cause he didnt realize that I am annoyed to him

Hope hubby didnt read this post

He is only 8 Mrs M,just a kid,sit him down,have a chat,be friends,kids are great

so is it juliet or ate juliet? or Mr.Tawi2 or kuya Tawi2

Banned
    He is only 8 Mrs M,just a kid,sit him down,have a chat,be friends,kids are great
    Thats what I did,since he is not my son, so I cant hit him, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    so is it juliet or ate juliet? or Mr.Tawi2 or kuya Tawi2
    Ate Juliet and ate Tawi as he is bit bakla thou

nothing getting hard

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Thats what I did,since he is not my son, so I cant hit him, lol

Ate Juliet and ate Tawi as he is bit bakla thou

nothing getting hard

Hoyyyyyyy,hilom di ha I aint a bakla I am a geezer

Whats tagalog for hilom di ha?Tumigil ka ba?

can be great sometimes
    I like kids I just couldn`t eat them whole

Kids are always great,except when they are not

Whats tagalog for hilom di ha?Tumigil ka ba?
    hilom diha is tumahimik ka nga but tumigil ka ba is already tagalog Mr.

Inday.........................you forgot Bading
    charing!
    all things are possible!

I get called ninong .....I never touched anyone honest
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Bullies

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I get called ninong .....I never touched anyone honest
    Could be worse,we could be called "Dong" Imagine having that shouted to you in the street

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information