Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
    Hello, can another English girl join in?
    It's funny, you don't see many English girls with Pinoy BF's, and then here we all are popping up all over the place, all with good stories to tell too.
    Sun.
    Tell us your story then...... Were waiting.

My Story

Ok Louella and Iain, as you asked so nicely , this is my story...

Met my BF on a boat (), not a ship about 6 years ago, we stayed friends for ages, but last year we both realised we had strong feelings for each other. There are some hurdles for us to climb before we can relax, but I think it all adds to the fun of the relationship, it wouldn't be interesting if it was perfect.

At the moment he is in the Phils and I'm here in the UK, but I'm going to see him this September and October. Hopefully we will get a visa sorted out soon enough, although I quite fancy living in the Phils myself if we cant.

Sun.

Newbie (Restricted Access) LouLou's Avatar
    Aaah, lovely. The world is changing and there are a few of us on here, now. And I'm sure lots more out and about in the UK.

Hi Jem, Sassy & Sun Shine! Not sure if there's anything I can be of assistance with, but if you do have any questions I might be able to answer, feel free to do so. My husband and I lived out in the Phil's, got married and now live and work here.

Most people on this forum seem great, but there are a few opinions dotted around which appear to lack reasoning where Filipino (or Asian) men are concerned - ignore them! Such stereotyping about a whole nation or even a whole continent is, of course, ludicrous.

Anyway, got to go, I'm cooking rice and roast chicken for breakfast... Some things don't change!

Bye for now,

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
    Aaah, lovely. The world is changing and there are a few of us on here, now. And I'm sure lots more out and about in the UK.

Hi Jem, Sassy & Sun Shine! Not sure if there's anything I can be of assistance with, but if you do have any questions I might be able to answer, feel free to do so. My husband and I lived out in the Phil's, got married and now live and work here.

Most people on this forum seem great, but there are a few opinions dotted around which appear to lack reasoning where Filipino (or Asian) men are concerned - ignore them! Such stereotyping about a whole nation or even a whole continent is, of course, ludicrous.

Anyway, got to go, I'm cooking rice and roast chicken for breakfast... Some things don't change!

Bye for now,

Lou
    Hi Lou, i liked your words of wisdom!

I think its also true about stereotyping and im sure anyone could say all those things about British men or men of any nationality.

Did you enjoy living in the Phils?? Im hoping that when Arnie gets his visa we can start planning to have a family and cant imagine being away from my mum and friends when i have a baby.

Did you husband find it easy to find work?

Jem

Hi LouLou,

Thanks for your post, it's great to know we can all help each other in some way or another.

I know I'll be searching through this site when it comes to going through the visa process with my boyf.

Sun.

Newbie (Restricted Access) LouLou's Avatar
    Hi ladies.

Jem, hmmm, hard one to answer... It is fantastic place for me for a holiday, but the most difficult thing for me was not working. There's only so much swimming, diving, reading & sitting in hammocks I can do! I got bored after a while, is the truth. Also, my husband is from a small but beautiful island where electricity is hit and (very) miss and there are few amenities. Which has its pros, too, of course. On the other hand, I think it would be a lovely place to raise kids (my husband is shocked by the behaviour of some teenagers here - most are respectful of their elders in the Philippines), but I think I would miss my family and generally the standard of education here is much higher. A vague long term plan for us is to have kids here and move out to the Philippines when they are ready for high school and get them into a decent private school. My husband still has a small business and we have a place to live out there. We certainly haven't cut ties and plan to invest over there, little by little.

My husband found it very easy to get work here. He walked into an agency just one week after arriving (shy and a little nervous, no doubt - culture shock and all that!) and started work the following day. He's now a permanent member of staff at his workplace, on a perfectly adequate wage. There are still quite a few jobs around. I think the trick is not to be too fussy, initially.

Sun Shine (lovely name and if I ever have a daughter.....!), Yes, this site is brilliant for visa advice, as is Pete's own website, which we also read inside out. The whole process was fairly easy, once I'd moved back here, got a place to live and secured a permanent job.

Matt7, I reckon British women and Filipino men do face as much prejudice (even on FilipinoUK, at times!) and that was an issue for me a few years back, but that's life. I'm prone to a little prejudice myself sometimes. Easy to judge when you don't know people, eh?!

Lou

Hi Lou Lou,

You have an inspiring story. After reading your post, you fill me with so much confidence in going through the same processes in my life.
    You come across as a very happy person and indeed family, and I wish you the very best for your future, wherever that may be.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Sun.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information