Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
    I'm English.
    thinking of the wee singer from SCOTLAND, LULU.

HI Lou welcome here!

Respected Member
    Welcome to the forum lou
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Interesting to read this thread... I'm a British woman, happily married to a Filipino and we reside here in the UK together. We lived together in the Philippines for a couple of years previously, though. In total, we've been together three years and married for one. We're of similar age, have lots of values in common and work together as a great team, I think.

I think it would be rather narrow-minded to stereotype Filipino men, just as it would British men - they are as diverse as each other! I know shy, timid Brits and aggressive, domineering types and everything else in between. Similarly, some Pinoys are confident and like to dominate, whilst others are rather retiring. I think, broadly speaking, it's fair to say that Filipinos (and Filipinas) have more old-fashioned principles than us Brits though - which I really admire. At the same time, I love living in modern, forward-thinking and technologically-advanced UK (most of the time).

In addition, I certainly wouldn't say my husband dislikes my being able to assert myself; he's calmer but quietly much more stubborn and can certainly intelligently stand his ground. And we both work to pay the bills so we both make important decisions together. I'm not saying it's perfect; I missed home when living out there and he misses home when here. I think that's often the case for couples when one is from a different country/ culture... However, we're both in a healthy, happy and loving relationship... therefore no regrets. And he certainly didn't marry me for a green card; he'd love it if I suddenly decided I wanted to live in the Philippines. The bags would be packed before I could utter "Sunshine, simple living and white, sandy beaches"!

Finally, I've been to Manila on a few occasions and found it to be absolutely fine. Much safer than parts of London and the although the taxi drivers can be a bit sly, I generally found the people to be as friendly as in the south.

So, good luck with your adventures in love. I'd love to hear how you get on.

Lou
    Hi Lou Lou.

Its good to hear your story. How did you meet your husband?. I am really looking forward to my trip to Manila in November, as you can probably see from my posts, i was feeling quite nervous about going there. I am now really excited about going. The only bit that Im not looking forward to is the horrendous long flight!!!. As he is not able to come here, its me that has to do all the travelling, though Im sure it will be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by englishbird View Post
    Hi Lou Lou.

Its good to hear your story. How did you meet your husband?. I am really looking forward to my trip to Manila in November, as you can probably see from my posts, i was feeling quite nervous about going there. I am now really excited about going. The only bit that Im not looking forward to is the horrendous long flight!!!. As he is not able to come here, its me that has to do all the travelling, though Im sure it will be worth it!
    Hi englishbird,

Welcome here!
    DOn't be nervous, Im sure your parnter won't put you in harm or near trouble

Goodluck
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    Hi englishbird,

Welcome here!
    DOn't be nervous, Im sure your parnter won't put you in harm or near trouble

Goodluck
    Thanks LadyJ. Im sure he won't take me anywhere unsafe. He knows that I am a little nervous about Manila. Im sure it can't be much worse than London or Manchester!

Newbie (Restricted Access) LouLou's Avatar
    I met my husband while over in the Phil's scuba diving, a few years ago. We never looked back.

The flight is well worth it. The Philippines is a fantastic country in which to holiday. Check out the shopping malls in Manila, too - amazing (and daunting!) I hope you get chance to sample small island life, too, while you're there; it's quite special and a step way back in time. Lovely for some chill time.

I met my husband while over in the Phil's scuba diving, a few years ago. We never looked back.

The flight is well worth it. The Philippines is a fantastic country in which to holiday. Check out the shopping malls in Manila, too - amazing (and daunting!) I hope you get chance to sample small island life, too, while you're there; it's quite special and a step way back in time. Lovely for some chill time.
    I think its just going to be Manila this time. Unfortunately I only have enough time to stay there for a week. I would love to see more of the country if Im lucky enough to go back again. I can't wait to see the shopping malls!

Thanks LadyJ. Im sure he won't take me anywhere unsafe. He knows that I am a little nervous about Manila. Im sure it can't be much worse than London or Manchester!

If you are going in Manila you should ask your partner on what to expect when you arrive there, some places are clean or dirty but a lot of pollutions and traffic jam, humid etc. im not discouraging you though, just wanted you to be aware

Also you might want to visit this website http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-f...ia/philippines There are very helpfull information and tips about travelling to Phils.

I think its just going to be Manila this time. Unfortunately I only have enough time to stay there for a week. I would love to see more of the country if Im lucky enough to go back again. I can't wait to see the shopping malls!
    Shopping malls the only place where you can stay away from heat You'll love our shopping malls there, 1 day is not enough to shop around

Also provinces,beaches, islands are opposite of Manila. So if you want to have some good time on your holiday try to stay away from Manila

Shopping malls the only place where you can stay away from heat You'll love our shopping malls there, 1 day is not enough to shop around

Also provinces,beaches, islands are opposite of Manila. So if you want to have some good time on your holiday try to stay away from Manila
    Yep shopping MALLS!!!!!!! A DAY IS NOT ENOUGH INSIDE A MALL!!

Interesting to read this thread... I'm a British woman, happily married to a Filipino and we reside here in the UK together. We lived together in the Philippines for a couple of years previously, though. In total, we've been together three years and married for one. We're of similar age, have lots of values in common and work together as a great team, I think.

I think it would be rather narrow-minded to stereotype Filipino men, just as it would British men - they are as diverse as each other! I know shy, timid Brits and aggressive, domineering types and everything else in between. Similarly, some Pinoys are confident and like to dominate, whilst others are rather retiring. I think, broadly speaking, it's fair to say that Filipinos (and Filipinas) have more old-fashioned principles than us Brits though - which I really admire. At the same time, I love living in modern, forward-thinking and technologically-advanced UK (most of the time).

In addition, I certainly wouldn't say my husband dislikes my being able to assert myself; he's calmer but quietly much more stubborn and can certainly intelligently stand his ground. And we both work to pay the bills so we both make important decisions together. I'm not saying it's perfect; I missed home when living out there and he misses home when here. I think that's often the case for couples when one is from a different country/ culture... However, we're both in a healthy, happy and loving relationship... therefore no regrets. And he certainly didn't marry me for a green card; he'd love it if I suddenly decided I wanted to live in the Philippines. The bags would be packed before I could utter "Sunshine, simple living and white, sandy beaches"!

Finally, I've been to Manila on a few occasions and found it to be absolutely fine. Much safer than parts of London and the although the taxi drivers can be a bit sly, I generally found the people to be as friendly as in the south.

So, good luck with your adventures in love. I'd love to hear how you get on.

Lou
    Hi Lou

Really nice to read your story. Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hi Lou

Really nice to read your story. Welcome to the forum!
    Hi Jem.

I did reply to your message , but Im not sure if It went through ok. It kept saying that Im not authorised to reply to you, or something like that!

Tracey

Hi Jem.

I did reply to your message , but Im not sure if It went through ok. It kept saying that Im not authorised to reply to you, or something like that!

Tracey
    I never got anything so dont think it could have gone through! I think you have to post a certain amount before you can do certain stuff on the site?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I never got anything so dont think it could have gone through! I think you have to post a certain amount before you can do certain stuff on the site?!
    Maybe its me doing something wrong. I 'll try again

This is one of the most refreshing threads I've read so far. It's certainly a different point of view from the usual.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Ok, so you worked on boats...?

How about real seagoing ships...???
    The amount of people who think boats are ships
    This drives lots of people who spend years on the oggin crazy.
    I have seen skippers shout at people for saying this.
    Mindyou, some skippers can get a little tetchy at times.

Banned
    .....Lots of British men have nothing to be proud of in that area.
    Must be those southern "softies" then

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Must be those southern "softies" then
    He He . You are probably right there

Wink Hi Englishbird!

Are there any other Brit Women on this site with Filipino guys? or am I the only one?
    Hi there!
    I've just joined the site and asked the same question!
    I am British and have a filipino boyfriend too! I live in Bournemouth. Glad to have found another one of us!!
    Hope to chat soon.

Sassy.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Hi there!
    I am British and have a filipino boyfriend too! I live in Bournemouth. Glad to have found another one of us!!
    Hope to chat soon.

Sassy.
    Hi Sassy welcome here!! Maybe introduce yourself in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF SECTION so they can welcome you properly. Tell us more about yourself please.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Hi there!
    Hope to chat soon.

Sassy.
    Hi Sassy.

welcome to the forum. Theres quite a little group of us to compare notes now. Im in Plymouth, I ve been to Bournemouth a few times for hen nights!. It was great fun there.

Respected Member
    Haha, I can't believe theres a penis emoticon, anyway my point!

Just out of interest, do British girls / Filipinos face the same prejudices British men / Filipinas face?

Englishbird you're not alone now

Welcome in the forum Sassy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    Hi Sassy welcome here!! Maybe introduce yourself in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF SECTION so they can welcome you properly. Tell us more about yourself please.
    I think she already did couple of days ago..

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=17450

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    I think she already did couple of days ago..

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=17450
    Good memory there Sis Kimmi

She (zobel) even left a welcome greet on Sassy's thread

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    I knew it!! I'm getting old ooopss sorry po hahaha

Hi again

Hi
    well I met my boyfriend in Saudi Arabia where we were both working. Currently Dexter is here visiting me. We have a daughter together too.
    Thanks for the welcome.

Sassy.

Hello, can another English girl join in?
    It's funny, you don't see many English girls with Pinoy BF's, and then here we all are popping up all over the place, all with good stories to tell too.
    Sun.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information