Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member

Confused about gathering evidence!

This question has been niggling me for a long time and now I can't hold it in any longer! I have to let it out!

Whenever I've read anywhere on the forum regarding building up evidence of a relationship for an eventual visa application, people seem to stress the need to retain airline ticket stubs as proof of travel.

My question is, as you have to provide photocopies of your passport pages which will clearly show the entry stamps to the Philippines, etc, surely this would be enough? Or is the main reason for stressing the need for the airline stubs more for those couples who may been meeting up in a country other than the Phils/UK?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
    This question has been niggling me for a long time and now I can't hold it in any longer! I have to let it out!
    Glad you spit it out

Doesnt matter whether any country you meet either in PI/UK, lol the important things is "you meet each other" so picture obviously was # 1 and yes the stamp page of your passport #2 and the airticket if you give it all together, then sum up

Pictures and passport stamps will be fine.

For the swamping them with evidence malarky do you have a e ticket or receipt that you can print out?
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Glad you spit it out

Doesnt matter whether any country you meet either in PI or nowhere, lol the important things is "you meet each other" so picture obviously was # 1 and yes the stamp page of your passport #2 and the airticket if you give it all together, then sum up
    Cheers MrsM.

As I had the stamps in my passports to show I'd been to the Philippines and I had pictures of us obviously in the Philippines together (ie stood in front of the Mall of Asia, etc), I admittedly never bothered to keep ticket stubs as I didn't see the point with having the other 2 things.

But over the last 12 months, I kept seeing the same point stressed and I got a little nervous thinking I might be missing something important other than the obvious proving you've met!

Banned
    Cheers MrsM.

I admittedly never bothered to keep ticket stubs as I didn't see the point with having the other 2 things.
    Oh dear, why you didnt keep it, because applicants motto was...(lol) "the more evidence the better you got visa"

Anyhow, dont worry too much, with the help of the forum(members) you will be fine

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Pictures and passport stamps will be fine.

For the swamping them with evidence malarky do you have a e ticket or receipt that you can print out?
    That is an excellent point fella!

If you're available, I might need to hire someone to remind me to breath. And I genuinely mean that with no hint of sarcasm! Can't believe I didn't think of it! Think it's a case of not seeing the woods for the trees I'm starting to overthink what I need for the visa app so much!

Cheers mate!

Respected Member
    Oh dear, why you didnt keep it, because applicants motto was...(lol) "the more evidence the better you got visa

Anyhow, dont worry too much, with the help of the forum(members) you will be fine
    I appreciate the motto, but felt in the case of airline stubs, it was just duplicating data!

In the back of my mind, I always remember the point of providing as much evidence as possible, but yet still keeping it to a level where the ECO will see the main important points and isn't swamped! That's why the stubs query niggled!

Thanks again though MrsM

That is an excellent point fella!

If you're available, I might need to hire someone to remind me to breath. And I genuinely mean that with no hint of sarcasm! Can't believe I didn't think of it! Think it's a case of not seeing the woods for the trees I'm starting to overthink what I need for the visa app so much!

Cheers mate!
    Pleasure is all mine Sir. Anything to help your Lovely Mahal and you be together

Dave you will both need the good people on this site to help you. Its very emotional and straining in everyway.

Like you i got so consumed in the business i was forgeting to eat and put one foot in front of the other

I appreciate the motto, but felt in the case of airline stubs, it was just duplicating data!

In the back of my mind, I always remember the point of providing as much evidence as possible, but yet still keeping it to a level where the ECO will see the main important points and isn't swamped! That's why the stubs query niggled!

Thanks again though MrsM
    Airline stubs or e ticket etc maybe helpful I guess if the stamp was unclear what flight you on. May save them some checking

When in late 2005 the checklist they left in with our visa the things they actually ticked was a very small percentage of what we had sent in.

Marriage docs, id, photos together, proof of residence, proof of income or abilty to support. If my rubbish memory is working

From what I haver read and recently seen on uk border force (although a difference area of the Visa business) Its almost easier on the CEO to say yes than have to make sure they dont have to decline as more work and paperwork. So make life easy for them

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Airline stubs or e ticket etc maybe helpful I guess if the stamp was unclear what flight you on. May save them some checking

When in late 2005 the checklist they left in with our visa the things they actually ticked was a very small percentage of what we had sent in.

Marriage docs, id, photos together, proof of residence, proof of income or abilty to support. If my rubbish memory is working

From what I haver read and recently seen on uk border force (although a difference area of the Visa business) Its almost easier on the CEO to say yes than have to make sure they dont have to decline as more work and paperwork. So make life easy for them
    Good point about the readability of the stamps. I should still have all the e-tickets, so that will cover me.

Cheers

Dave

I NEVER supplied airline ticket stubs, hotel receipts, or other "Filipina" receipts etc.

I did include a copy of my last e-ticket, and the obvious photos etc.

... and hey presto, 4 weeks & 4 days later ..... a VISA !

(I think there's more concern on their part, on the respective ages, the
    accomodation, and the status of you... ie, stable job, work record, savings)
    No man is an island, but Barry is

Glad you spit it out
    So what do you do? Maybe we should have a seperate poll!!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Glad you spit it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    So what do you do? Maybe we should have a seperate poll!!
    Keith, you really naughty, aint you

I guess all evidence, is good evidence.

It's cast iron proof...Can only be beneficial to your cause.

Thread Information