Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Darkside

Banned

Darkside

Sometimes I hate to read The Sun Newspapers because they always prefer to display the darkside of Philippines

Who knows, some filipino workers have nice and better house in Philippines than The Sun staffs

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/home...-emigrate.html

Scousers don't read The Sun after what they done after Hillsborough

Readership in Liverpool is still the lowest in the UK, we have long memories .....although it can be bad as well as I remember being born out of my mothers
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Sometimes I hate to read The Sun Newspapers because they always prefer to display the darkside of Philippines

Who knows, some filipino workers have nice and better house in Philippines than The Sun staffs

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/home...-emigrate.html

As far as I can read, nothing bad is mentioned about the Philippines, dear....

Only about some call-centre workers that don't like having their jobs relocated overthere.....

hmmm I might apply for a job with T-mobile in a call centre in phil I would jump at the chance to relocate (I'm biased though), a quick search and there is a job for an accounts manager £70,000 thats a good wage in UK let alone Phil.

I think penny is refering to the photos it's not a flattering pic of manila but saying that the one from scotland isn't great
    Mark, Cristina & Raffy

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

Only about some call-centre workers that don't like having their jobs relocated overthere.....
    And the fact that the company may be trying to avoid paying them redundancy payments.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thejarvs View Post
    I think penny is refering to the photos it's not a flattering pic of manila
    Yes, it was a bad photo indeed.....why did the photo showed the slums anyway? I don't think that's where this company will relocate?....
    No wonder the workers from scotland are so scared of being transferred there Who would want to work in the slums?
    This photo is a deliberate and absolute misrepresentation.......
    They should have posted a photo of the business district areas such as makati and ortigas.....since this areas are more likely to be the relocation spot
    and not the slums that they showed on the photo.......
    Philippines does not primarily consist of slum areas........we have largely more pleasant, urbane and progressive areas than slum areas.....
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Yes, it was a bad photo indeed.....why did the photo showed the slums anyway? I don't think that's where this company will relocate?....
    No wonder the workers from scotland are so scared of being transferred there Who would want to work in the slums?
    This photo is a deliberate and absolute misrepresentation.......
    They should have posted a photo of the business district areas such as makati and ortigas.....since this areas are more likely to be the relocation spot
    and not the slums that they showed on the photo.......
    Philippines does not primarily consist of slum areas........we have largely more pleasant, urbane and progressive areas than slum areas.....
    I think you are missing the point totally.

The photo the newspaper used was just a stock photo and whatever you say it is representative of Manila (slums and new tower blocks) and the Philippines in general. It's not a case of the workers being scared, it's just that most if not all of them would not want to uproot their familys and move to the otherside of the world, especially as if they did it is likely their wages would be re-adjusted and/or they would have their contracts terminated as soon as posssible.

To be honest the company is not expecting anyone to move, it is just playing games during the consultation period it's obliged to have when making large number of jobs redundant and trying to reduce the amount of money it's going to have to pay out.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    The photo the newspaper used was just a stock photo
    Exactly my point.....what a prejudicial and biased stock of photo, just showing the slums as a representation of manila or the philippines as a whole.....

and whatever you say it is representative of Manila (slums and new tower blocks)
    True..... however, in the photo i only see slums, i don't see any new tower blocks or any of that sort......

Now, that's my only point and nothing else.....
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:20.
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Respected Member
    Exactly my point.....what a prejudicial and biased stock of photo, just showing the slums as a representation of manila or the philippines as a whole.....
    and whatever you say it is representative of Manila (slums and new tower blocks)
    True..... however, in the photo i only see slums, i don't see any new tower blocks or any of that sort......

Try looking in the background of the photo....
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:26.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

Sorry MOD I was referring to photo. Slum

I think penny is refering to the photos it's not a flattering pic of manila but saying that the one from scotland isn't great
    Absolutely right !!!

And the fact that the company may be trying to avoid paying them redundancy payments.
    Yes they must have redundancy pay

Banned
    Have you seen Makati Bel-Air, Forbes Park, White Plains?

Is that really how manila looks like?

All slums?
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:28.

Chill a phill newspaper would probably show buck palace or tower bridge (the one most phill think is london bridge) as probably first stock picture they have.

Most likely they just googled for a picture and many people show pretty iffy pictures of glasgow show the tower blocks.

At least they showed a mixture what from what i have seen manila is it has its rich parts and poorer parts. Many of which would be no go areas for many british families if moved there at least at first.

As Darren B has mentioned as people living in Britain i would be worried how the company is treating the workers here.

This time its people in Glasgow next it maybe closer to home.

If you and your loved ones in the UK were told be fired or move to Nigeria (first country which came in to my head) and work with the local employment rules and pay. The keeping same terms and condtions will go out the window almost for certain. Would you be worrying about the picture in the news article or have more pressing concerns?

What about their other halfs do they quit their job?

Yes i know many phill families are split up but usually they are not forced to go or be fired from their job.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:35.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Nigeria As somebody said,stock photo,dont take it to heart

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post

Have you seen Makati Bel-Air, Forbes Park, White Plains?

Is that really how manila looks like?

All slums?
    it might the writer never been that place in manila ate penny
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:37.
    all things are possible!

VB its probable that the writer has never visited manila,pinas nor even asia

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vbkelly View Post
    it might the writer never been that place in manila ate penny
    I think so
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:38.

Respected Member
    Oh, sorry i overlooked and missed the background (buildings and tower of the business district).......
    probably because the image is vague and just a mere silhouette while the slums are shown as the primary image at a very clear precision.....
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

As Darren B has mentioned as people living in Britain i would be worried how the company is treating the workers here.

This time its people in Glasgow next it maybe closer to home.

If you and your loved ones in the UK were told be fired or move to Nigeria (first country which came in to my head) and work with the local employment rules and pay. The keeping same terms and condtions will go out the window almost for certain. Would you be worrying about the picture in the news article or have more pressing concerns?

What about their other halfs do they quit their job?
    British jobs for foreign workers

well we all know brown and HM gov cannot protect British jobs, you would have thought the EU would , its one thing to move jobs around the EU but out of the EU is another matter.

why doesn't the EU fine T-mob ? they fined Microsoft and Intel for doing deals with PC Makers, then why not fine T-mob for moving jobs out of the EU, when its obvious the jobs are being moved to the phils just to save on the wage bill, yet the service they provide is in the UK and europe. no T-mob in the phils .. fine them for each job moved

i would have thought there will be many people taking them to an employment tribunal for breech of contract, i'm sure t-mob would have to pay the same wage what they get now in the phils, so if many people said yes i'll go, then t-mob would not be saving so much, and not much point in moving them then.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:39.

Banned
    hmmm I might apply for a job with T-mobile in a call centre in phil I would jump at the chance to relocate (I'm biased though), a quick search and there is a job for an accounts manager £70,000 thats a good wage in UK let alone Phil.
    If they hired British married to Filipina or vice versa, it would be great as some of us wants to relocate. I would love to relocate if the price is right. We have already place to live and no need to rent

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    British jobs for foreign workers

well we all know brown and HM gov cannot protect British jobs, you would have thought the EU would , its one thing to move jobs around the EU but out of the EU is another matter.

why doesn't the EU fine T-mob ? they fined Microsoft and Intel for doing deals with PC Makers, then why not fine T-mob for moving jobs out of the EU, when its obvious the jobs are being moved to the phils just to save on the wage bill, yet the service they provide is in the UK and europe. no T-mob in the phils .. fine them for each job moved

i would have thought there will be many people taking them to an employment tribunal for breech of contract, i'm sure t-mob would have to pay the same wage what they get now in the phils, so if many people said yes i'll go, then t-mob would not be saving so much, and not much point in moving them then.
    Hard to get Job security here I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 26th March 2016 at 14:40.

Respected Member
    From what I heard they don't want them to go anyay as they already have the workers in place in the Philippines. And even if they did move and were protected by TUPE that would only last for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Scousers can't read
    Yeah we know, calm down.

And even if they did move and were protected by TUPE that would only last for so long.
    what's bruces wig got to do with it

and why would tupe come into it ? is t-mob being bought out by someone they will still be working for t-mob

Respected Member
    what's bruces wig got to do with it

and why would tupe come into it ? is t-mob being bought out by someone they will still be working for t-mob
    The way I read it is the current call centre in Scotland is run by TSC (Indian owned) and new one in Manila is run by 24/7 (Philippines owned).

I was phoned last year by an employee of a pinoy call-centre,he was in Makati,I asked him was he pinoy(pinoy ka ba?)bad move,he was a bayot and phoned me four or five times over the course of a month for a chat He asked me to be his friend and he would show me around manila

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Scousers don't read The Sun after what they done after Hillsborough

Readership in Liverpool is still the lowest in the UK, we have long memories .....although it can be bad as well as I remember being born out of my mothers
    We don't even allow it in the house!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I was phoned last year by an employee of a pinoy call-centre,he was in Makati,I asked him was he pinoy(pinoy ka ba?)bad move,he was a bayot and phoned me four or five times over the course of a month for a chat He asked me to be his friend and he would show me around manila
    You are such a Bayot Magnet Tawi2!!! Almost all your posts are kind of bakla related hahaha

Maybe its the aura I give off You know,some guys are sort of irresistable to women,and some guys are just sort of irresistable to guys Do you think I should change my aftershave I use "Pour Homme" which maybe they take literally

I'd love to live and work in Philippines! Anyone got a job for me?

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Maybe its the aura I give off You know,some guys are sort of irresistable to women,and some guys are just sort of irresistable to guys Do you think I should change my aftershave I use "Pour Homme" which maybe they take literally

Some guys have a habit of being in the right place at the right time,my failing is always wrong place at wrong time,a few weeks ago I actually stumbled upon 2 naked guys in a corn field while walking my sisters dog Luckily the dog had been fed I didnt know gentlemen of a certain age and persuasion parked in the local car-park to meet their "Friends"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information