Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Manila Safe?

Yeah,its crazy isnt it?Pinoys prefer chinese or mestisa looking even though a darker woman looks beautiful

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Respected Member
    My memory may be deserting me but didnt they drive a tank into the front entrance of a hotel to avoid a coup last year in Manila? And wasnt Glorietta bombed last year too?
    Safe other than that then!
    And before anyone says it happens everywhere, it doesnt!

It was the peninsula hotel in 2007,I remember the incident because I couldnt believe they straffed the foyer with machine gun fire I was there once when they threw grenades on the LRT a few years ago,but its nothing that wouldnt happen in downtown Kabul or Baghdad or Manila

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    My memory may be deserting me but didnt they drive a tank into the front entrance of a hotel to avoid a coup last year in Manila? And wasnt Glorietta bombed last year too?
    Safe other than that then!
    And before anyone says it happens everywhere, it doesnt!
    Hmmm, that happen once in a blue moon, or just once in a while

I was actually in the Philippines back in 2000 when a guy bought a plane ticket from Davao to Manila,once in the air he pulled out a gun,robbed everyone on board of their cash,jewellery,and bizzarely their cell-phones???Then he jumped from the plane wearing a home-made parachute Home-made chutes dont really work so well I guess,the results are predictable

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Manila is safe unless you decide to meet friends (Grace, Shelly and Maria) on the day a bomb explodes a few metres away!!!!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Manila is safe unless you decide to meet friends (Grace, Shelly and Maria) on the day a bomb explodes a few metres away!!!!

Al.
    Got ya!... I was thinking to post this Prof. Al but "tinamad ako eh"( i was lazy). Yeah that was in Oct. 2007. We were laughing and so busy chatting with each other never thought there was already a bomb explosion. The media, policemen and cameras all over the place and we even laughed and teased what was that all about??... Was it because Prof. Alan is in town!...
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by englishbird View Post

Thanks for the advise on the loyalty club. Is it safe for me to use my credit card on theie website?.

I will be met at the airport, so will probably just try and grab a local cab and let my friend do the talking.

I am very white!!, so hopefully no racism.

Thanks again
    Ascott Group is a major International company - you will get secure verified booking procedures if you book online. That said they have been known to ask for a fax of both sides of the credit card. I politely pointed out that would completely invalidate protection & insurance - & hopefully they have universally adopted new procedures after the humble apology I got!

The airport is not simple. Unless he can get in to the secure area to meet you, you will find you are entering a human ant colony/zoo when you are extremely fatigued & jet lagged. I have people who can get in but otherwise get a cab from the Nissan counter. The extra 10 quid or so is worth it for peace of mind - & will almost certainly make your next few days feel more relaxed as you won't spend your time thinking you are in a dangerous place - you aren't.

I was there for the hotel revolution. Yes a few shots were fired but it was funny for its classic Filipino ineptitude. Only in the Philippines could a revolution revolve round upper class revolutionaries occupying a 5* hotel.

& yes I stirred a bit of a hornets nest. I had dinner with one of the most famous TV presenters recently. I swear she was using whitewash for make up! Ana (my GF) has the most sensational olive colored skin but insists on wasting money on skin whitening products. & I have had American colleagues over who have been the victims of indescibable racist abuse even in 5* hotels in Makati.

If you guys have experienced the so called " Murphy's law" (is it how they call it? am not sure? " if things/events go wrong, they do in the most unexpected time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe n Pilar View Post
    Filipinos prefer whiter skin and foreigners prefer darker skin..
    I have green skin ....my wife has lizard eyes
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    My hubby has lizard lips ssshhhh

Dont worry,unless its your 4skin

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Dont worry,unless its your 4skin
    You mean scales on it Tawi???
    Might be bit uncomfortable....
    Jiri & Maricel

Scales?Like a fish?I would be off to the nearest STD clinic in a flash Good job I abstain from such vices

Scales?Like a fish?I would be off to the nearest STD clinic in a flash Good job I abstain from such vices
    Lizards have scales too...
    Jiri & Maricel

It might look like a python but it certainly isnt reptilian

It might look like a python but it certainly isnt reptilian
    Is it a spitting cobra?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Is it a spitting cobra?
    One eyed...
    Jiri & Maricel

Win,please feel free to remove this pic if you find it offensive,but I think its the best one to illustrate the point
    Attached Images Attached Images

Win,please feel free to remove this pic if you find it offensive,but I think its the best one to illustrate the point
    Ouuuuuch, that must have HURT.....
    Jiri & Maricel

Hurt is an understatement I saw an Sadhu at a Khumba Mela once who had a large brick tied around his,apparently he had carried the brick around for months

Banned
    Must be loads of anaesthesia isnt it ? so he can bother to do that, so meaning they can tolerate the pain of circumsized

Could be worse Mrs M,it could be a woman circumcised,they do it in africa,WHO figures suggest its several million women.

Yeah,its crazy isnt it?Pinoys prefer chinese or mestisa looking even though a darker woman looks beautiful
    Funny thing is many non phills are the opposite.

I caused a right old stir when my wife and her friends a few years back in phill asked who i thought were the prettiest in the magazine they had with phill and world stars in.

I was saying the ultra pale ones look odd and mainly rating the ones with darker skin Then when i pointed out many of the whiteys strolling around atc in alabang were with women who did not look so pale taht they were dead they were like

Thankfully i have noticed apart from wearing posh sun block/protection my wife sends over from her workplace many of the ladies in our family and the wifes friends dont go overboard with strange lotions etc.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Its wierd,you watch their TV and no one can name me a DARK TV presenter,look at the wowowee girls,white as corpses,look at the ABS/CBN newsreaders,they look like they visit Michael Jacksons dermatologist,its one of the only places I can think of where a mixed race kid is held in high esteem over an indiginous child,utterly crazy,its got to be something to do with the spanish and americans

Banned
    Tawi if you say darker woman, do u like the indian women color, no offense to indian/african color people

Take note:no icon

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Tawi if you say darker woman, do u like the indian women color, no offense to indian/african color people

Take note:no icon
    Indian women are absolutely stunning,moreso if they are from the north particularly Kashmir,I saw the most beautiful woman of my life in a place in the indian himalayas,a valley called Zanskar,she passed me on a mountain track carrying a bundle of wood years ago,still remember,absolute perfection on legs
    Pakistani women,again from the north are incredible,from the areas around Hunza Valley,common to see Hunzakut ladies with brown hair and green eyes A legacy of Alexander the greats passage over the karakorams

Banned
    Great, now I know you really amazed with darker woman, thumbs up

Mrs M,whats happened to your icons?Have you overused this months supply?Or has the privelege of using them been taken away from you?Want a lend of some?I can give you two spare or a but I want them back within a week.Fancy having utan with icons

Banned
    Mrs M,whats happened to your icons?Have you overused this months supply?Or has the privelege of using them been taken away from you?Want a lend of some?I can give you two spare or a but I want them back within a week.Fancy having utan with icons
    No, I am just teasing the one who mention about my losing icon Tawi

You make me laugh, my hubby asking me what make me chuckling about.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information