Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Question 28 days after visa approval

Just have a question - recently I've got an information from independent sources (just "word of mouth") that upon approval of fiancée visa my fiancée has to leave Philippines in 28 days. As I am unable to get any relevant and verifiable info on this matter - except this :

What is the latest date that I can arrive in the UK with my visa?

The expiry date will be shown on the visa, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK.
    (source: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/5167621/2969423)

I would like to ask you for your experience and your views on this matter.
    It just doesn't seem to be correct...
    Thanks
    Jiri & Maricel

My understanding on the 28 days is this:

Once you recieive your fiance visa you have to leave Philippines in 28 days.

The other 28 days is once you are already here in UK. The expiry date will be shown on the visa, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK. Meaning you need to apply for spouse visa before it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by estherboaz View Post
    My understanding on the 28 days is this:

Once you recieive your fiance visa you have to leave Philippines in 28 days.

The other 28 days is once you are already here in UK. The expiry date will be shown on the visa, but remember that this is also the last day on which you are permitted to stay in the UK. Meaning you need to apply for spouse visa before it expires.
    May I ask where did you got this info from, Esther?
    As I can't find any info on this matter on relevant pages (UKBA, Home Office etc...)
    Jiri & Maricel

But thats about SPOUSAL visa - what I'm talking about is FIANCEE visa - which is valid for 6 months to enable you to marry - you have to apply for FLR after marriage and then ILR...
    Jiri & Maricel

your right.dont you have any plan to leave the philipines after few days you recieve your visa?

Respected Member
    You don't have to leave the Philippines within 28 days of your fiancee visa being granted. Just make sure you have time to get married in the UK before your visa expires.

your right.dont you have any plan to leave the philipines after few days you recieve your visa?
    Obviuosly I would love to get her in here A.S.A.P., because I miss her very badly
    But my fiancees resignation period is one month and she wants to file her resignation AFTER successful visa approval - and I have to say that I fully support her in that, coz I don't want her to get into any unnecessary complications.
    Jiri & Maricel

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You don't have to leave the Philippines within 28 days of your fiancee visa being granted. Just make sure you have time to get married in the UK before your visa expires.
    Thanks Darren, thats exactly what I am thinking too
    Jiri & Maricel

hi there Ji&Ma, ive being looking out for you on here. I remember you submitted your visa maybe a month ago, my girlfriend will be submitting her visa very soon and im just wondering what the time scale is. Also any advice is welcome.
    All the best with yours and i hope it goes well.
    Ken&Arl

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    hi there Ji&Ma, ive being looking out for you on here. I remember you submitted your visa maybe a month ago, my girlfriend will be submitting her visa very soon and im just wondering what the time scale is. Also any advice is welcome.
    All the best with yours and i hope it goes well.
    Ken&Arl
    Hi Ken&Arl, what a nice surprise - somebody has been looking for me
    My fiancee submitted the application for a visa nearly 8 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the result
    From what I've seen in here and at VFS and UKBA pages it is better to brace yourselves for some 12weeks of waiting
    I know it sounds horrible but believe me - time is really flying when you have something to look forward to (at least for me it works this way). And - better to be prepared for longer waiting - you might get only nicely surprised if they will deal with your application earlier (and outcome will be positive - obviously)
    So heads up and keep hopes high
    Goodluck to you, live long and prosper!
    P.S. If you will have any questions - try to look around the forum, I reckon they have been answered already. Or if you won't be sure - try to make a new therad or send me a message...
    Jiri & Maricel

Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    Hi Ken&Arl, what a nice surprise - somebody has been looking for me
    My fiancee submitted the application for a visa nearly 8 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the result
    From what I've seen in here and at VFS and UKBA pages it is better to brace yourselves for some 12weeks of waiting
    I know it sounds horrible but believe me - time is really flying when you have something to look forward to (at least for me it works this way). And - better to be prepared for longer waiting - you might get only nicely surprised if they will deal with your application earlier (and outcome will be positive - obviously)
    So heads up and keep hopes high
    Goodluck to you, live long and prosper!
    P.S. If you will have any questions - try to look around the forum, I reckon they have been answered already. Or if you won't be sure - try to make a new therad or send me a message...
    Yeah thanks for that, actually i cant believe its been six months since we were last together it gone so quick, my main worry is that Arlene will be arriving at the end of the summer. Can i ask you one question, did you put a wedding booking in with your visa application.. did you book your wedding and get a receipt? im just thinking if i should do that i would like to plan it all when she is here so we can do it together.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Yeah thanks for that, actually i cant believe its been six months since we were last together it gone so quick, my main worry is that Arlene will be arriving at the end of the summer. Can i ask you one question, did you put a wedding booking in with your visa application.. did you book your wedding and get a receipt? im just thinking if i should do that i would like to plan it all when she is here so we can do it together.
    What i see as best is to go (or phone) to your designated registrar office and ask them for provisional booking. I'm sure they will be able to do that for you - they've done that for us - no problem at all. When you'll get your provisional booking confirmation by post and through e-mail (you have to tell them that you want it sent to you by e-mail too) you can send it by e-mail to your fianncee to print it and include it in her support documentation.
    As that booking is provisional you still can change date of your wedding without a problem.
    You are obliged to give your legal Notice of Marriage at least 15 days before your wedding can take a place and your fiancee has to be resident in here at least for 7 clear days on the day you'll be giving Notice of Marriage.

General Register Office pages: http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/marriages/ see "Residency" and "Giving notice of marriage" sections there, also "Frequently asked questions"
    Regards.
    Jiri & Maricel

Thread Information