Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Respected Member John Chingford's Avatar

Am Told Filipinas Are Best In World. Is it True? Discuss

I am told by my wife that Filipinas are the most beautiful, caring and sweetest people in the world and that the Philippines is the loveliest country in the world. Certainly she is the most beautiful, caring and sweetest woman in the world for me, but is it true that all Filipinas are as she says?

Also, she tells me that I just HAVE to live in the Philippines or at least visit. Please tell me why. She obviously is biassed, but I would like to know what others have to say about Philippines. Interested also to know why Filipinos come to UK if Philippines is the best.
    As the days of Noah were so shall be the coming of the Son of Man........ When You see these things happening, know that the time is close.
    Matthew 24 :

Check Out My Blogsite For Evidence Why The Bible Can Be Trusted

John,depends which part of pinas your wife is from firstly,if its some small village on a tiny island then its most likely going to be a bounty-bar advert "They came in search of paradise,and found it" type of idyll But even paradise has problems If she is from a city,they nearly all(except Davao,maybe duterte has something to do with that)have squalor,beggars,massive amounts of homeless and squatter camps(theres 10,000 people squatting in Manila north cemetary).Its not paradise to be honest,do a straw-poll,stop 100 people in Mall of Asia,all random strangers,ask them would they like to live and work abroad,I dare say 99 would say yes(The one who didnt answer?not his fault,he is a deaf mute)there are lots of problems there,if you move there and live there you become embroiled in it,utang na loob,as the foreigner suddenly you find yourself the answer to the families financial problems Its a nice place to visit,thats fact,as for long term?Spain for me

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

The loveliest country in the world?Go to the maldives,beaches that wipe boracay off the face of the map in terms of white sand,they really are unspoilt paradise,visit nepal for peaks that truly are incredible and dwarf Mt Apo,Philippines is a nice country,unfortunately its never going to get a massive share of the tourist market as Thailand has,simply because of the politics and problems the country has,like I said,if your outside the box looking in you get the whole picture,a total view,most pinays/pinoys are blinkered,they have tunnel vision,just stating facts,its very scenic,thats true,but its far from the best,visit,check the place out.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by John Chingford View Post
    I am told by my wife that Filipinas are the most beautiful, caring and sweetest people in the world and that the Philippines is the loveliest country in the world. Certainly she is the most beautiful, caring and sweetest woman in the world for me, but is it true that all Filipinas are as she says?

Also, she tells me that I just HAVE to live in the Philippines or at least visit. Please tell me why. She obviously is biassed, but I would like to know what others have to say about Philippines. Interested also to know why Filipinos come to UK if Philippines is the best.
    can i ask how did you and your wife meet and have you never been there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    John,depends which part of pinas your wife is from firstly,if its some small village on a tiny island then its most likely going to be a bounty-bar advert "They came in search of paradise,and found it" type of idyll But even paradise has problems If she is from a city,they nearly all(except Davao,maybe duterte has something to do with that)have squalor,beggars,massive amounts of homeless and squatter camps(theres 10,000 people squatting in Manila north cemetary).Its not paradise to be honest,do a straw-poll,stop 100 people in Mall of Asia,all random strangers,ask them would they like to live and work abroad,I dare say 99 would say yes(The one who didnt answer?not his fault,he is a deaf mute)there are lots of problems there,if you move there and live there you become embroiled in it,utang na loob,as the foreigner suddenly you find yourself the answer to the families financial problems Its a nice place to visit,thats fact,as for long term?Spain for me
    you rise some very good points!

you are aware its a 3rd world country and you maybe shocked when you get there with the poorness of some?

but its very cheap there and as long as your careful,i dont think theres any real risk!

you will find the filipinos are the nicest people and have great smiles.

regardless of there background you will rarely find a grumpy one!

you really need to go see for yourself and you have your wife as a guide?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Bornatbirth,poverty never shocks me,I lived in India for a year,went to Delhi,Calcutta etc,I never stick to tourist locations,I have been to genuine slums,I am just being realistic in my apparisal of pinas I have been to the Philippines 50 or 60 times?Well off the beaten track,been to sulu and jolo which most people dont go to so I am aware of the dangers Your right,its very cheap,but so is sierra leone and Mali

The best way to find out what a country is really like is go live with an average family in a normal neighbourhood for a few months then see if cracks appear,learn a little of the language,become immersed,thats the only way to discover the reality,your wife bound to be bias,she is a pinay

Banned
    and I would like to add that you also read a history book...and some travel guides.. and, newspaper... you'll get to read about real stuff...

I would say Pinas is a wonderful country... because I am simply Pinay. Come over and see for yourself...

hey.. looks like you guys are putting down pinas.. Any country or place can be best place when you know your reference point, your biasses...

Best advice Florge Get a ticket,jump on a plane,decide for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by eagles View Post
    hey.. looks like you guys are putting down pinas.. Any country or place can be best place when you know your reference point, your biasses...
    No ones putting it down eagles,I am just being truthfull from a foreigners perspective,I never ever travel around pinas with guides,I never stick to the cities,as a result I have experienced a few things that opened my eyes to the place,like I said if you read my posts,its a nice country.

I would say Pinas is a wonderful country... because I am simply Pinay. Come over and see for yourself...

i think if you are from the philipines you have lived with poverty and think its a normal part of everyday life?

so coming from the uk we have a better standard of poverty,so we notice the difference?

hopefully all the ladies do when you get here?

i dont think anyone is putting your country as all countries have pros and cons?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    its very cheap there
    Inexpensive ... YES! ... in comparison with most Western Societies. So long as you don't suddenly *become unwell ... in *which case, NO country can match 's National Health Service.

i think if you are from the philipines you have lived with poverty and think its a normal part of everyday life?

so coming from the uk we have a better standard of poverty,so we notice the difference?
    Correct on both counts. But it has to be said that the standards of care provided by the so-called 'Welfare State' in the United Kingdom mean that no-one here has any cause to experience REAL poverty in the truest sense of the word.

you will find the filipinos are the nicest people and have great smiles.

regardless of there background you will rarely find a grumpy one
    Absolutely spot on!

Banned
    Well, you ask filipino- UK forum, what do you expect brit guys to answer u, hehehe and if the filipina also answered you still positive for sure, we wont let our country/personality down , isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    Well, you ask filipino- UK forum, what do you expect brit guys to answer u, hehehe and if the filipina also answered you still positive for sure, we wont let our countrypersonality down , isnt it?
    The wisdom of Solomon

Referring to someone or something as BEST means the world to you. May it be a place, a person or a thing. If this person a pinay in particular you consider as the BEST in the world same as the Philippines if it's the BEST place for someone to spend the rest of their lives then it means the ultimate, most advantageous, excellent kind, desirable etc. In my opinion, it depends on the person's acceptance and/or tolerance on that particular subject. If she ( the filipina wife) meets his criterias or standards of what a wife should be like then she is the BEST for that person. A person maybe the BEST for me but not the BEST for you, and vice versa. Same thing with regards to a place to live.

Philippines is a beautiful country no doubt about it. Poverty, squatters, etc all the negative aspects can also be found in other countries. If a filipino has a good life in the Philippines then no matter what he/she considers the Philippines as the BEST.

Your question is why some of the filipinos come to the UK when Philippines is such a beautiful country?

Answer:
    1) It might be because husband prefers to live in the UK rather than the Phils.
    or
    2) She considers living in the UK because her life here is much better than in the Phils.
    or
    3) Filipinos come to the UK to work because of higher exchange rate of pounds sterling to Phil. peso.

Yea i agree to what your wife had said, you should go and visit the Philippines to know or to confirm of what you have heard about the country and the people.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Chingford View Post

Well, I am biased as my wife is a Filipina.
    She is the nicest person I have ever met and she is caring and beautiful inside and out.
    The Philippines is a lovely country and I think you should visit there, if only to see the place where your wife comes from and to get an insight into the bigger picture.
    There are problems there, but you could say the same of any country.
    It is unique and very welcoming.
    Keep your eyes open and don't flash the bling and you will have an unforgetable visit.
    Lots of us keep on going back, and we can't all be wrong.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Inexpensive ... YES! ... in comparison with most Western Societies. So long as you don't suddenly *become unwell ... in *which case, NO country can match 's National Health Service.
    I agree with your comment...
    More important as we get older too.

In fairness Apo most of pinas tourists are balikbayans or their families,the country itself doesnt attract so many,check out their tourists statistics compared to Thailand or Malaysia.Pinay women,well,I have had relationships with one or two pinay women,didnt meet them online as is the modern trend,several were to be blunt downright b**chesLets debunk the "all pinays are perfect" fallacyI have also known several who really did deserve to be put on pedestals,incredible women,and thats from the heart But one thing most "Pinay wives are best" advocates should realise is women are women,pinays arent a different sub-species,you can get a fantastic latina,incredible malaysian,even maybe a perfect english woman Its about individuals,not ethnicities,individuals who you mesh with,fall in love with,have kids with all ladies from a certain country dont fall into that catagory

Banned
    In my opinion, every country have disavantages and advantages. all countries are beautiful and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by womaninlove View Post
    In my opinion, every country have disavantages and advantages. all countries are beautiful and unique.
    Bravo WIL,all countries and all individual ladies

Respected Member
    I beleive the question was what is Phil like, not lots of other countries!
    You should defiantely go there and be realistic about what you`ll find.
    Some people on here will have you beleive that its one big white beach and blue sky, its not.
    Also its not the dirtiest place you`ll visit, but some of it is.
    No ones being unkind, just telling it how it is.
    It has lots of lovely beaches away from the beaten track.
    On the beaten track it has lots of squalor, beggars,smelly and dirty places.
    I would defiantely recommend going there to experience it for yourself.
    I went there to find a fantastic wife, and thats what i did!
    If I wanted sun theres lots of places closer to home that i`d visit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by womaninlove View Post
    And if you are filipina, I guess you'll gonna put a bit nice comment to your country, isnt it? ( even though its....

whatever the pros and cons mentioned earlier, still pinoys will always say "there's no place like home" coz we grew up in a place where family and friends play a very important role in our life. life in the philippines may be simple but still you find time to be happy at no cost. compared to other places, you may have all the luxuries in life but who do you share it with? a couple of dogs or cats? worst case you end up in a care home coz no one's there for you or they are too busy working to attend to your needs. some say we do not have the finest tourist destinations in the world, but atleast we are proud to offer tourists a better alternative. it really depends on the person's individuality. too bad others doesn't seem to appreciate what beyond the eyes can see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Bravo WIL,all countries and all individual ladies

I was just being realistic... I admit there are things that I like and dislike in my homeland but I still love the Philippines.

I also appreciate other country because of its beauty whether it is the variety of climate,landscape etc.

Banned
    home is where the heart is... and you'll always find the best in what you call your home...

Banned
    As a saying goes, BABALIK KA RIN !!! (you'll still be back)

No matter how bad you commented about our country
    No matter how you said your home is UK, When we get old and ugly, we are scared to end up in carehomes

Others said it is not safe in the Philippines, but I believed there's no such safe place on earth In Philippines, most killers are commonly adult. Here, some killers are teeners

I met 2 filipinas ages 60's in Holland. They said before, they will never comeback to Pinas especially from their province where they have experienced hard life and poverty. Holland is already their home!!! In Holland they have both big house with swimming pool. But suddenly they told me they want to retire in Pinas. They asked me both to find a place for them and offered them 1 property to each of them. They are both happy now as they feel at home in Pinas again after 3 decades of absence in Pinas They really like their place in Laguna and stay there at least 6 months/year

Respected Member
    [QUOTE=John Chingford;139869]I am told by my wife that Filipinas are the most beautiful, caring and sweetest people in the world

I suppose you figured that one out already as you're married to one

and that the Philippines is the loveliest country in the world?

Philippines has a lot of good places as it has a lot of bad ones too.
    If you will ask me if i consider it the best and loveliest place in the world?
    I might be biased with my answer as i'm a filipina myself, so i leave it to your judgement.
    And as most members here suggest, i'd rather you go there and see and find out for yourself.

Interested also to know why Filipinos come to UK if Philippines is the best.

There are varied reasons - Some for a change and for a whole new adventure,
    Others to better off themselves and their livelihood
    but mostly (for filipinas like me), to be with the men we love
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information