Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What To Expect From A British Man

Hi. I have british boyfriend now. It’s been six months already and growing stronger. I really love him and I cant wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

I am still learning bits and pieces of british attitudes. But I would like to know more about them. What are your view on virginity, sex and marriage, humor, what do you usually look for in a girl, positive and negative attitudes etc.

So brit guys, what should we expect from you? Filipina’s: how do you cope up with the attitudes?

Surprise me

Thanks!

Not bothered at all on virginity,we have all been there,Maria Clara is old fashioned right?Most brits dont get Pinoy humour,its quite infantile,all that canned laughter etc on Pinoy TV,for myself I dont drink nor smoke,and certainly dont gamble,I would expect a woman equally as boring Quite a strange question actually,what else do you want to know?

Sweat, dirty clothes everywhere, empty beer cans, never wash hands after a crap....the usual
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Is that what we are to expect from Philippine women????So they are just like english ladies then?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jam07 View Post
    Filipina’s: how do you cope up with the attitudes?
    Surprise me
    If i may rephrase the question - How do they cope with filipina's? lol
    In my experience, i have no problem coping with my hubby nor does he has any attitude that i should cope or deal with. There is nothing to cope.
    I married a good, honest and very patient man. And very loving and a spoiler if i may add. I cannot speak in behalf of all the brit guys here, but i'm sure most filipina wives here will agree with me.
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Sweat, dirty clothes everywhere, empty beer cans, never wash hands after a crap....the usual
    eow, that's not the kind of brit guy i married
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Quite a strange question actually,what else do you want to know?
    Didn't you read what she just said - "SURPRISE ME"
    So don't ask anymore what else she wanna know, just surprise her

BOO

Respected Member
    BOO

Expect the unexpected
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

All guys are basically the same physically,but all guys are different mentally,did you know that one of the UK's smallest dwarves is married to a pinay?They have a normal sized son I would like to think british guys are a little more caring than pinoys?I know guys in Pinas who if they lose all their cash at sabong just think Bahala na and the kids go hungry,there are men in UK like that but few I hope?

All guys are basically the same physically,but all guys are different mentally,did you know that one of the UK's smallest dwarves is married to a pinay?They have a normal sized son I would like to think british guys are a little more caring than pinoys?I know guys in Pinas who if they lose all their cash at sabong just think Bahala na and the kids go hungry,there are men in UK like that but few I hope?
    There's the surprise Didnt know that Tawi

Aye, i know some as well in our area oh poor kids
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member
    I would like to think british guys are a little more caring than pinoys?
    I beg to disagree....... Pinoy's are just as caring, thoughtful and responsible. Atleast for me, as far as the men i know (my dad, my big brothers, guy friends and ex, lol)

Well,I always wondered why so many pinays want to marry westerners sophie When I was in Pinas I heard LOTS of stories of guys just abandoning their families because they didnt like the prseeures of family life,then they set up house a short distance away with another woman,I also know a guy with 4 or 5 kids who one day told his wife he was going to visit his sister,she never saw him again though she knows he is living with another in manila,pinas is matriarchal,the household is run by a woman,who is often the sole breadwinner,she also has to bring up the kids,UK is different in that the guy is the head of the house,pinoys never seemed to have strength of character,they are more laid back?

Well,I always wondered why so many pinays want to marry westerners sophie When I was in Pinas I heard LOTS of stories of guys just abandoning their families because they didnt like the prseeures of family life,then they set up house a short distance away with another woman,I also know a guy with 4 or 5 kids who one day told his wife he was going to visit his sister,she never saw him again though she knows he is living with another in manila,pinas is matriarchal,the household is run by a woman,who is often the sole breadwinner,she also has to bring up the kids,UK is different in that the guy is the head of the house,pinoys never seemed to have strength of character,they are more laid back?
    not all pilipino men are a like that,my dad is one of the best!

Respected Member
    Well,I always wondered why so many pinays want to marry westerners sophie When I was in Pinas I heard LOTS of stories of guys just abandoning their families because they didnt like the prseeures of family life,then they set up house a short distance away with another woman,

I ONLY SAID IN MY PREVIOUS POST THAT "PINOY'S ARE JUST AS CARING, THOUGHTFUL AND RESPONSIBLE". I DID NOT MENTION "FAITHFUL", LOL. AS FAR AS FIDELITY IS CONCERN, I'LL GO FOR THE BRITS, IMO THAT IS

I also know a guy with 4 or 5 kids who one day told his wife he was going to visit his sister,she never saw him again though she knows he is living with another in manila,pinas is matriarchal,the household is run by a woman,who is often the sole breadwinner,she also has to bring up the kids,UK is different in that the guy is the head of the house,pinoys never seemed to have strength of character,they are more laid back?
    FORTUNATELY I NEVER KNEW NOR WAS I EXPOSED TO ANY PINOY SUCH AS THIS ONE TAWI2, WHEW, THANK GOD

I know not all pinoy men are alike,my viewpoint was jaundiced by the ones who used to work for me(all of whom told me they had kabits)and the ones I knew when I lived in Pinas,I always looked at it from an outsiders perspective,normally you get a better view when outside the box looking in rather than inside the box looking out but the majority of households I visited were run by the women,who also worked,and looked after the kids,I think its slightly different in UK households,or why else would a nice looking pinay with many suitors in her neighbourhood choose to marry a guy in the UK?

I employed five pinoy guys in HK Sophie,at that time there were approx 7000 pinoys and approx 140,000 pinays in the territory?All five guys were married back in pinas,and all five guys took opportunities to bite the fruits that were around them your right about fidelity,or lack of

Respected Member
    I employed five pinoy guys in HK Sophie,at that time there were approx 7000 pinoys and approx 140,000 pinays in the territory?All five guys were married back in pinas,and all five guys took opportunities to bite the fruits that were around them your right about fidelity,or lack of
    I definitely agree on that one I've had a few girlfriends and female co-workers back home who suffered and were victims of their men's infidelity. For these men, cheating knows no boundaries, whether they are in the philippines or abroad

empty beer cans - yup! you guys like to drink
    never wash hands after a crap - ew! i hope he's not like that...

british attitudes ... I would like to know more about them. What are your view on virginity, sex and marriage, humor, what do you usually look for in a girl, positive and negative attitudes etc.

Surprise me

Thanks!
    Welcome. First let me say that I try to be open-minded as regards the qualities you mention.

Personally, I did not engage in full sexual activity until after I was first married at the age of 23. But I recognise the fact that attitudes have changed a great deal in this regard over the ensuing four decades. And, at the risk of offending the 'moral code' as decreed by the Catholic Church, it has to be admitted that my own beliefs have adjusted to 'move with the times'. What I am implying here, is that I can see no earthly reason why two mature, consenting hetrosexuals should not participate in "pre-marital relations" [for want of a more explicit description] PROVIDING neither is correspondingly - and promiscuously - involved with any 'third part(y)ies'.

At the same time, though, it is most important ... indeed essential ... that the relationship be based on mutual love and understanding - born of trust and respect - with at least a sprinkling of humour [on both sides] thrown-in for good measure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    If i may rephrase the question - How do they cope with filipina's? lol
    In my experience, i have no problem coping with my hubby nor does he has any attitude that i should cope or deal with. There is nothing to cope.
    I married a good, honest and very patient man. And very loving and a spoiler if i may add. I cannot speak in behalf of all the brit guys here, but i'm sure most filipina wives here will agree with me.
    So here I am, agreeing with you

Banned
    Not bothered at all on virginity,we have all been there,Maria Clara is old fashioned right?Most brits dont get Pinoy humour,its quite infantile,all that canned laughter etc on Pinoy TV,for myself I dont drink nor smoke,and certainly dont gamble,I would expect a woman equally as boring Quite a strange question actually,what else do you want to know?
    Boooooooooooooooo

Mrs M

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

So thats why all the dog tracks closed

Who can tell ?

Banned
    So brit guys, what should we expect from you? Filipina’s: how do you cope up with the attitudes?
    They have bad attitude when talking about religion and Politics. He will stay at the pub whilst you are inside the chapel praying for him. They don't like Gordon either Cameron

They like their wife to be more independent. Learn how to drive so if he's drunk, you can drive for him

Their mood sometimes bad but very easy to please. If you think he can't easily be pleased, enrol some units of Psychology

May I know how you have known Maria Clara Tawi? Who was she? Did you read Jose Rizal's El Filibusterismo?

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Beer cost a pound+ here, collect empty cans and start to convert pounds to peso But do not critizise him, as he will drink more. Learn reverse psychology.

Banned
    Well, men are men.. regardless of nationality... they can be an infidel if they choose to be... the only difference, I think, is that British men are straightforward and would like their lady to be straightforward as well.. unlike Pinoys who would loves to beat around the bush...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    beat around the bush...

Ahhhhh...... The bush..............

El filibusterismo?The reign of greed Who is Maria?I am sure you have read Noli Me Tangere penny,I have read it and I am an illiterate so I know its well within your scope.I have been to Rizals birthplace in Calamba and also the house he used to live in during his stay in London.Its always best going straight through the bush than taking a circuitous route around it florge Not all brits drink penny

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Banned
    El filibusterismo?The reign of greed Who is Maria?I am sure you have read Noli Me Tangere penny,I have read it and I am an illiterate so I know its well within your scope.I have been to Rizals birthplace in Calamba and also the house he used to live in during his stay in London.Its always best going straight through the bush than taking a circuitous route around it florge Not all brits drink penny
    Yes, I've read both Noli ans Fili but that was 30 years ago ehehhe.
    Our Jose Rizal hates priests during the spanish colonization. He described Maria Clara as finess woman but her father was a priest. Maria Clara's Mother was childless and she was advised to go to church of Obando Church and dance there to have a child.

You know 50-80% of our country lol????????
    My place is about 10-15 miles away from Rizal's house

Yes I know, not all Brits dink lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information