Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: ILR/FLR Query

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Question ILR/FLR Query

My wife was granted a two year spouse visa on October 18th 2007, but did not enter the UK until Novemeber 14 2007.

As I understand it, to apply for ILR she needs to have been in the country for a minumum of two years.

Does she need to apply for FLR and then ILR? If she can apply for ILR, when should she do it?

Incidentally, have been calling the UK Border Agency Enquiry Line for several days - a complete waste of time as they never answer, just tell you to call back!

Many Thanks

what is the dates on the spouse visa?

my wife had 3 months and 2 years on the visa so she had an extra 3 months before she needed to come here.

if you havent been here the full 2 years you already know what to do?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    You can apply 28 days early so if you post your application by special delivery on the 16th october you will be ok as they won't start processing it until the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by topgeek View Post
    My wife was granted a two year spouse visa on October 18th 2007, but did not enter the UK until Novemeber 14 2007.

As I understand it, to apply for ILR she needs to have been in the country for a minumum of two years.

Does she need to apply for FLR and then ILR? If she can apply for ILR, when should she do it?

Incidentally, have been calling the UK Border Agency Enquiry Line for several days - a complete waste of time as they never answer, just tell you to call back!

Many Thanks

It was like more or less same as my situation I know its a complete waste of time phoning them what my other half did was he wrote a letter to them regarding about my situation and they gave as a written reply.My husband said its better to write to them at least we`ll hold an evidence of what they`ll recommend as to apply.Hope that`ll helps!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You can apply 28 days early so if you post your application by special delivery on the 16th october you will be ok as they won't start processing it until the 19th.
    darren

but seeing the 16th is a Friday, i would post it on the Thursday, making sure that they got it before her visa expires.

also don't forgot the 'life in uk test' and the 6 bits of evidence with both your names on if you have it..

and also beware there is a border, immigration and citizen bill going thru parliament and some of these changes may effect your wife, so keep an eye on the UKBA website

yep thats the expert to the rescue right Mr.Bloggs!
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Thread Information