Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The CFO

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance,but what exactly are the "Orientation" classes supposed to be for?Orientation is to emotionally,functionally or intellectually direct someone?Whats the purpose?Just another money-maker for pinas?
    That orientation is suppose to be given to those filipinos who are traveling abroad and a lecture will be conducted to them about the basic facts of the country they're going to and what to expect when they get there as well as the legal and human rights they are entitled to. That's how the orientation should be, and it's not free, it's paid for. But it's absurd to pay for an orientation that doesn't orient me in any way about the country i'm bound to go to, and instead, banco de oro conducted an orientation about foreign remittance and distributed bank application forms for us to open an account
    "10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% is decided by how you react"
    "The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost"

Pardon my ignorance,but what exactly are the "Orientation" classes supposed to be for?Orientation is to emotionally,functionally or intellectually direct someone?Whats the purpose?Just another money-maker for pinas?
    emotionally blackmail by watching those video of filipinas`s who`s been abused by their husband,partners and boyfriend unfortunately they ended up in unlucky relationship but afterall thats not the same for everybody.I understand their warning and precautions and call it concerns but not to the highest level
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006

When we went through the CFO process I was disturbed by what I saw and heard and I made enquiries regarding the right to question people.

I was assured that the object of the seminars is to inform Filipinos intended to live in other countries what their rights are in those lands and how they can protect themselves from abusive employers, husbands etc.

The course was established following a number of serious cases of abuse, some resulting in death.

Thus the object is fine but the problem, as I see it, is that there is insufficient supervision to ensure the objects are being achieved and that the persons attending are not, ironically, being subjected to unreasonable behave by the persons providing the service.

I had hopped by bring the problem of how the interviews were being conducted, to the attention at a senior level, someone would pick up on it and monitor what was happening. That was three years ago. Alas that has not happened.

If I could see a way to bring about some proper supervision, which would thus protect the object of the process, I would do so but I don’t understand sufficiently the bureaucratic system in the Philippines, or maybe, having tried to correct faults in the IB system, and failed, I should accept that it is not yet possible to fix such problems.

PS
    ‘Orientation’ I believe the use of the word by CFO, means:- to ensure that people going to other countries know ‘where they are’ regarding their rights, and maybe their duties.

i agree to you John

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    [i thought everything's done (submitted all the requirements, id picture taken, a little interview, etc) only to find out that i need to give them my MOTHER IN LAW'S MAIDEN NAME How in hell would i know???? Since it's not a common practice for brits to show or use their middle name, even on my hubby's passport, only his first name and last name is shown there. So i told the staff there that i will try to call but i might have a hard time since its only around 2:30 AM in uk and i kept ringing my hubby's celphone for several times and he just won't wake up, (of course, who would expect a call at such unholy hour )/QUOTE]
    same here Sophie the interviewee asked my mother in laws maiden name weird i fone my husband to ask and it was only 3:30am hahaha good thing he answered it

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information