Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Medical

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Medical

Hi Everybody.

I am new to this forum and thank god I looked at it. after getting married to my lovely filipina in the Philippines in February I returned at the end of March, alone awaiting her spouse visa, which we applied for at the beginning of March.
    On May 14th she looked at the tracking website and it said it was ready for collection which she did the next day. The flight is booked and she will arrive here on june 4th. Yesterday, looking at this forum I discovered the "CFO" !!
    AAAARRGGHH!! I paniced and wondered what all that was about!! Anyway, to cut a long story short she now has it and all is well, Just to let you know, she knew nothing of it either. Thanks for this forum or she would've been refused to board the plane.

Finally, my question is, Would she need a medical to come to this country? After my recent scare with this CFO thing I thought I had better ask.

Thanks in advance.

no she doesnt?

but they may check for TB with a xray at the airport(at heathrow) it seems different airports have different systems,my wife got embarrassed as she got taken to the check up room in front of everyone and was the only one there as it was early morning.

so maybe get an xray there to save her pride?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by stuart1960 View Post
    Hi Everybody.

I am new to this forum and thank god I looked at it. after getting married to my lovely filipina in the Philippines in February I returned at the end of March, alone awaiting her spouse visa, which we applied for at the beginning of March.
    On May 14th she looked at the tracking website and it said it was ready for collection which she did the next day. The flight is booked and she will arrive here on june 4th. Yesterday, looking at this forum I discovered the "CFO" !!
    AAAARRGGHH!! I paniced and wondered what all that was about!! Anyway, to cut a long story short she now has it and all is well, Just to let you know, she knew nothing of it either. Thanks for this forum or she would've been refused to board the plane.

Finally, my question is, Would she need a medical to come to this country? After my recent scare with this CFO thing I thought I had better ask.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome and congrats
    Medical is not necessary

Goodluck to ur wife
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Phew! Thank all. Much appreciated.

Hi Stuart,
    Welcome to the forum, I'm really glad you found out about the CFO thing before your wife set off on her journey to the UK. If you hadn't it would probably have cost you the price of another flight as well as being extremely upsetting for your new wife. BTW if your wife isn't arriving at Heathrow then it's quite likely that she won't have to have an X-ray.
    Iain.

WOW! Once again everyone. Now I have started posting messages, there is no stopping me!!! lol
    One final question? Is ther any other shocks I am in for that might stop my wife getting here! like CFO. etc? or anything else at all i need to know?

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Had the spouse visa, got the CFO, I arrived at Heathrow 3 months ago but they didnt ask my Xray, so no more worries, clean the house and let her do the final touch...
    Welcome to the forum

thanks. I spose the one main worry I have now is, My Wife and her 2 kids, being homesick. I have thought about this problem and do worry for them as I will feel totally helpless. Again, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Banned
    thanks. I spose the one main worry I have now is, My Wife and her 2 kids, being homesick. I have thought about this problem and do worry for them as I will feel totally helpless. Again, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.
    Oh my god, I cant help you with that, I also had the same problem now, cant sleep, cant eat, keep thiking of my 4 yrs old son and always cry because of him, I missed him dearly (shocks now I am typing this teary eyed again), but my hubby is being supportive, and will arranging his documents now to live with me here, got 2 kids as well, but my daughter is 15 yrs old so bit no problem to her as she choose to finish one more school year there

but my hubby said..."no pain, no gain"..I am sure you both gonna get them soon ?

Hi Stuart Welcome to the forum.
    May I know what day in March did your wife lodge her application in VFS?
    Thanks.
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

6th march @1:13pm. and the website said it was ready for collection on the 15th May. is that good?

no sorry, the 2 kids have visa's too and will be coming with her in June. Sorry to hear of yours being away. This waiting game is a killer. good luck

6th march @1:13pm. and the website said it was ready for collection on the 15th May. is that good?
    Your wife got her visa, so hey that is so good! Congratulations.
    I lodged mine on the 31st of March and its been .
    Faith makes all things possible.
    makes them easy.

Thumbs up

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forum. I can't speak for Heathrow, because my Filipina wife came to the UK via Manchester. Upon her arrival, she was directed by immigration to report to the medical suite in order to undergo a chest x-ray for tuberculosis. However, when asked by the Medical Officer how recently she'd been checked over in this respect, she explained that, in the light of her being a teacher by profession, she'd been required by the Philippines Department of Education to submit herself for a yearly health check as a matter of routine. "Ah, I see", said the MO ... "and where are you travelling to?" "Scotland", my wife replied, adding: "my husband has been waiting around the airport all night, and he will be wondering what's happened to me". "Oh, okay", came the response, "Scotland is very far ... you'd better be on your way ... go, go now!".

So, on the whole, my wife had a relatively smooth transition, and I hope yours does too, a fortnight today.

Hello. I just arrived in UK via London Heathrow.I was asked to go to the health Control Office.Then the lady asked for my x ray... and telephone number of my husband.

Better to be safe...If she could have an xray before her flight much better to avoid hassle.

Respected Member
    get pinoy tv for them to watch, and tell your wife to log in on this site theres plenty of filipina ladys on here , maybe some live close to your place?, also you could make sure you know where your local asian food supply stores are near to you this will be a big help ,
    congrats by the way and goodluck to all of you,

have you got a good extractor fan in the kitchen ?? you might need it

Quote Originally Posted by jimcarie View Post
    get pinoy tv for them to watch, and tell your wife to log in on this site theres plenty of filipina ladys on here , maybe some live close to your place?, also you could make sure you know where your local asian food supply stores are near to you this will be a big help ,
    congrats by the way and goodluck to all of you,

have you got a good extractor fan in the kitchen ?? you might need it
    I agree, tell her to join this forum and maybe she'll find some friends here or find out about some Filipino get-togethers close to where you live. Which part of the country are you from Stuart?
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    I agree, tell her to join this forum and maybe she'll find some friends here or find out about some Filipino get-togethers close to where you live. Which part of the country are you from Stuart?
    Iain.
    Chichester West Sussex.

Thread Information