Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wish I have a personality like you pennybarry, but I am a really soft person. I have told everything to my father-in-law because he listens unlike my mum-in-law. He knows that she will get upset if I tell everything I don't like about her. Even my father-in-law keeps his mouth shut everytime his wife is about to start an argumet because he knows she's not gonna listen. He advised me to ignore her, but it is not that easy. He told me that his wife is not the easiest person to live with.

We (my husband and I) were on our own for a year and it was heaven but we had to move back again to them because of the unforseen circumstances. I am open with my husband about the situation and he is stuck in the middle. I told him that I would go back to the Philippines while I am on my maternity leave but he didn't like that idea. I also don't want to leave because my son needs his father and I will miss him to death but I don't want to be miserable!!!

Yes I am a first time mother, and she expects me to know all the things about being a mother. She doesn't even believe what the book says because she thinks that most of the writers of the books don't even have babies. She already judged a book without reading it.

"She already judged a book without reading it."

Never judge a book by its cover

If your unhappy and stressed it telegraphs to the child,get a ticket and fly back to spend quality time with your mum,tell your husband its best for you and the baby,because if you have to live with your in-laws he might be minus a mum because you can feel your rage growing due to post-natal anger Go and visit your mum,you know you want to,think how much joy she would feel seeing the baby and its a lot less stressful for you right?

Quote Originally Posted by lost_bulak View Post
    ...i mean mother-in-law. How is your relationship with your mother-in-law? My mother-in-law is getting on my nerves into the highest level! It's not that we argue all the time because I try to control my temper as possible as I can. As some of you know, I had my first baby 6 weeks ago and my mother-in-law acts as if she owns my baby. In her eyes everything I do is wrong and everything she does/says is right. I have my own ways of bringing up my child, not the way she wants it. Like for example, when my baby was 4 weeks old she was insisting (actually up to this day) that I should try putting rusks in his bottle so he would sleep longer at night-as if she was the one waking up in the middle of the night feeding my baby. i wouldn't risk my baby just for an extra hours of sleep so i said to her he's too young.

Plus one day when we went round to her place and she was eating ginger biscuit she almost put it into my baby's mouth-good thing i stopped her. She was saying that i should introduce my baby to different tastes as early as possible so he wouldn't be picky when he grows up. AAaaaahhhh!!! See what I am putting up with? Sorry guys if i am moaning, i have to get these out of my chest or else i would explode ! I can still go on and on but I have to stop now or else you'll get bored.
    Hi lost bulak...

I'd say our culture is different to the Brits and that must be pretty obvious now. I think, the best thing to do is to speak with your husband and tell him all about this and let him speak with his own mother. It is possible that if you'd start resenting your mother in law, she would start saying things that you may not like, and that may aggravate the situation because you'd get hurt and feel sorry for yourself. Let your husband do the talking, atleast then you'd know as well that your husband is happy to raise your child the way you want to.

My mother in law could be a nightmare, but we never had any arguments so far. Secret is, I shut my mouth and just think she's old and she's the mother of my husband so I respect her. My husband do the talking when necessary. And she's such a lovely nana to my kids, so I always consider that too. And it helps immensely that we are in Kent and she's in Staffs...so she can't do a quick drive to our place!!! :-)

Thats better Miss P,distance makes the heart grow fonder,a womans love for her mum-in-law is in direct relation to the amount of distance that seperates them The further the greater,the closer the lesser

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    Thats better Miss P,distance makes the heart grow fonder,a womans love for her mum-in-law is in direct relation to the amount of distance that seperates them The further the greater,the closer the lesser
    ahahaha...you are really special. You made my day yesterday with "eliminate negatives and accentuate positives". Today, "a womans love for her mum-in-law is in direct relation to the amount of distance that seperates them The further the greater,the closer the lesser".

I think you should start writing a book -- promise I'll be your first buyer! :-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by miss.piggy View Post
    ahahaha...you are really special.
    He manage to get filipinas weakness or should I say "kiliti"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    He manage to get filipinas weakness or should I say "kiliti"
    I think he is profoud...and it's wonderful to read lines like that without checking on Delai Lama's or Buddha's notes! :-)

Yeah Profound ako mag isip I actually met the Dalai Lama and shook his hand Piggy,in Dharamsala,or little tibet as its known Kiliti is achilles heels Mrs M?

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

"Yeah Profound ako mag isip" - and you are very humble too! :-)...

"I actually met the Dalai Lama and shook his hand Piggy,in Dharamsala,or little tibet as its known" Wow!!! that's really nice :-). This could be a stupid q, but was there any special feeling when you shook his hand? I know he's not God, but I've read a bit of his thoughts and it's really good to live by.

I wasnt really into the buddhist theology to be honest with you,I was in Dharamsala and he was doing a public audience,I just joined a line of people waiting to shake his hand,I was more excited to shake Jackie Chans hand to be truthful I am not really profound I blame it on the sugar

Banned
    Kiliti is achilles heels Mrs M?
    Not that good in English eh thats why I am trying hard to keep going on here to sharpen my english

Apology to lost bulak, thread starter Tawi trying to hi-jack the thread again lol

A thousand apologies Mrs M

Banned
    A thousand apologies Mrs M
    your fine, dont take it seriouly

Kiliti is achilles heels Mrs M? [/QUOTE]

Is it "Tickling" ?
    S J

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyHon View Post

Is it "Tickling" ?

I know its Tickling, but doesnt sound right to my sentence eh so I used weakness, waahhhhh

I know its Tickling, but doesnt sound right to my sentence eh so I used weakness, waahhhhh
    That's fine Ate Juliet, hehehe.... No probs at all....
    S J

Its tickling also Judy,but in the context of that sentence I read it as achilles heel or weakness

Banned

Is it "Tickling" ?
    That's fine Ate Juliet, hehehe.... No probs at all....
    Its tickling also Judy,but in the context of that sentence I read it as achilles heel or weakness
    Behh, that was Shawn not Judy Mrs M and ate Juliet,bet 2 of them,wahhh

Okay then Tawi2 bit confused here & Sorry for that.

Thanks
    S J

Banned
    but in the context of that sentence I read it as achilles heel or weakness
    So you mean, I am right Tawi as I used weakness

Behh, that was Shawn not Judy Mrs M and ate Juliet,bet 2 of them,wahhh
    It's me Ate Juliet My husband is working
    S J

So you mean, I am right Tawi as I used weakness
    Of course your right Mrs M,its your language

Be careful of weaning little ones too early. Its notgood for them - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/916697.stm. Ive also seen reports claiming that it can increse allergy susceptibility as they grow up. I think because the body isnt ready for solids it rejects them and develops antibodies against it- hence the allergy.

Some babies just dont sleep at night for a while. My first didn't, my second was great from 3 months :O

Quote Originally Posted by lost_bulak View Post
    ...i mean mother-in-law. .
    She passed away few months ago. Before there was not communication, not arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by ANDRES25 View Post
    I have no mother -in-law...
    ... neither have I! ... nor a father-in-law. But I DO have 6 brothers-in-law ... five of whom are Myrna's siblings and live in the Phils [Myrna was the only girl in her IMMEDIATE family!] And the sixth is the elder brother of my late first wife; I imagine he still counts ... though the last time I saw him was 12 years ago - shortly after my daughter's wedding! It's not that we don't "get on" or anything like that ... he never WAS one to visit all that often anyway - even when his sister was still alive, but he and his wife continue to exchange Christmas Cards with me and my family, so that's something, I suppose.

Sad, really!

:lol2: And before anyone asks ... it's doubtful that my [almost] 40-year-old daughter and son (37) will be having a new wee sister or brother. Nope, I've NOT had "the snip" ... it's simply that my good lady and myself are ... shall we say ... getting just a teeny-weeny bit long in the tooth for the patter of tiny feet!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information