Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    For a person who has a Filipino annulment to declare themselves as single in UK would probably be incorrect. For example, when a divorced person gets married again, they are single but in law are divorced. To state single would not be a legal statement and probably could result in a prosecution.
    Hi Mr. Johncar54,
    Everything you have said is correct and can be read in the book or rather website. I have said in my previous posts that i have the same views as yours. I was just giving out my views based on facts. It happened to one filipina friend. She got annulled in the Phils then came over to UK on a fiancee visa. So that is the same as Shei situation(Ady's fiancee ).

This filipina went to Registrar's Office and had filled up the application form for civil marriage. Since she was annulled in the Phils she put there "annulled" as her status. After 2 days she received a call from the RG office and told her to come back and affix her signature on the correction made. The RG said sorry, it was her fault (she should have checked the application form).The annulled was changed into single. The RG office said they send the appl form to their Head Office to confirm and check if everything written is ok and accurate.

So there you go... That happened.. The wedding took place after 14 days.
    Hope i had explained it well. I'm yawning as well....

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Thanks Bornabirth for demonstrating how some folks miss the meaning of posts.

If you read my first post here, No.8 you will see I did say it first time around.

Unfortunately some posters seemed not to understand and kept raising points, which appeared to me, to trying to disprove something I had said.

Yawn Yawn, hope finally that's it.

To save you checking back this what I said in No. 8.:-

In English law 'annulled' has only one meaning, the marriage never took place, thus it was never a marriage. In law it was void ab initio, or void from the beginning' Such a case would be where one of the parties was already married or where the person performing the marriage was not legally authorised to do so.

An annulment in the Philippines usually would the equivalent to a divorce in UK. in that the couple were legally married at sometime. It’s a sort of way around the Filipino law which does not permit something called divorce. However, a person with an annulment in the Philippines, who was legally married, cannot get married in the catholic church; a person whose ‘marriage’ has been declared void ab initio can, as they were never married.

For a person who has a Filipino annulment to declare themselves as single in UK would probably be incorrect. For example, when a divorced person gets married again, they are single but in law are divorced. To state single would not be a legal statement and probably could result in a prosecution.
    you just get to the point and say it in laymans terms?
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Itsme.

I just called a Registrar in UK.

They said first they ask the question, 'Have you ever been married either in UK or elsewhere?'

If the answer is yes then they must prove they are free to marry.

The Registrar to whom I spoke said that in the case of an annulled marriage in Philippines the person would be required to show.'previous marriage dissolved'.

I don't think this makes anything any clearer !!!!!

The moral to this story is If you wanna have a secure future become a lawyer, as no matter what anyone says there is always another argument, if someone is able to pay for it.

Dear Mr. Johncar54,

Thank you very much indeed. Yes, each and everyone who register for marriage in the UK should present proper documents supporting his/her statements. We cannot just say we are single, we have to show evidence and those are the documents submitted attached to the application form for civil marriage. I know that in every transaction we make or do it should be supported by a document. (Ebidencya baga)

The filipina who got married here presented all the documents supporting her dissolved marriage. She is aware of that. Filipinas are always prepared...

Peace!.

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information