Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Not So Long Ago ...

... members were given the opportunity to "air their views" on Western customs they'd like to see introduced to the Phils. But the Pinas themselves could teach US Brits a thing or two that would help to improve OUR lfestyle. Here then, are a few obvious ones that immediately spring to mind:

Jeepneys ... as a cost-effective method of commuting within suburban districts and town/city centres. to Perth-based 'Stagecoach' & Co.! [Only thing IS ... would I still be able to use my free Bus Pass?]

Trisikads ... even more so [except perhaps in the more hilly areas. ]

Politeness & Respect ... in general, but particularly amongst the younger generations in deference to their elders; also noticeably less evidence of mindless vandalism and wanton destruction. :xxviolent

Assistance With Packing ... as is the habit in Philippine shopping malls. (Could do WITHOUT the security guards probing peoples' bags with their "magic wands" though).

And last ... but by no means, least ... The Sale Of 'Single' Cigarettes like the inexpensive - yet high-quality 'Hope' - [from storage jars] to be found in most of the smaller retail outlets on street corners (often with seating provided outside for patrons to enjoy a relaxing "quick puff"!)

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... But the Pinas themselves could teach US Brits a thing or two that would help to improve OUR lfestyle.

And last ... but by no means, least ... The Sale Of 'Single' Cigarettes like the inexpensive - yet high-quality 'Hope' - [from storage jars] to be found in most of the smaller retail outlets on street corners (often with seating provided outside for patrons to enjoy a relaxing "quick puff"!)
    will this truly improve ones lifestyle?

hehehe..think you have said it all...

______

maybe build lots of big Malls (like SM, Robinsons) hehe...will definitely improve shopping styles hehhee

(We just need varieties)...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post

Point taken Zobel! But you may recall my mentioning pipe tobacco as being one of the commodities I'd like to see introduced to the PINAS. In its absence, I was forced to resort to buying Hope cigarettes ... which I gradually found to my particular "taste", having no real liking for cigars. And, as one who usually only enjoys a cigarette after a substantial meal, the prospect of being able to buy one singly appealed not only appealed to my inherent "thriftiness" but had the added health benefits derived from smoking a great deal less frequently than I do back home with my bum parked in front of the computer and my faithfull "dummy ***" in my mouth.

[QUOTE=Arthur Little;135379]

Point taken Zobel! But you may recall my mentioning pipe tobacco as being one of the commodities I'd like to see introduced to the PINAS. In its absence, I was forced to resort to buying Hope cigarettes ... which I gradually found to my particular "taste", having no real liking for cigars. And, as one who usually only enjoys a cigarette after a substantial meal, the prospect of being able to buy one singly appealed not only appealed to my inherent "thriftiness" but had the added health benefits derived from smoking a great deal less frequently than I do back home with my bum parked in front of the computer and my faithfull "dummy ***" in my mouth.
    Purely for the record, folks, the only other "bad habit" I have - that I'm conscious of at any rate - is my "addiction" to the *filipinouk forum. Long may *it prosper!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

Purely for the record, folks, the only other "bad habit" I have - that I'm conscious of at any rate - is my "addiction" to the *filipinouk forum. Long may *it prosper!
    I can see that,nothing bad about it....keep up

Respected Member
    Let me add Siopao to that list, mmmmmm I love that.
    Also where are all the cake shops here? Theres Goldilocks, Red Ribbon, A La creme etc there in Phil and I love them too.

Cheap nannies, maids hahaha... I doubt it lol (just wishful thinking)...

Respected Member
    Some things are definitely better in the Philippines. How about "Gasolene Boys"? There's nothing better than just rolling up to the pumps and having your car filled up without even having to unclip your seat belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    ... How about "Gasolene Boys"? There's nothing better than just rolling up to the pumps and having your car filled up without even having to unclip your seat belt!
    ... or girls ... or indeed anyone capable of handling the pumps. Used to be like that here too - still IS at small garages/petrol-filling stations in some of the more remote villages scattered around the Scottish Highlands, for example. You can expect to pay a heftier price per litre at such places, of course. But this is more to do with recouping fuel transportation costs:bluegrab: than for the personal service you receive.

being able to buy one pill and fag is more to do with that filipinos cant afford the entire box isnt it?

will the jeeneys get mots here and be road legal? because if we introduce them we need to make them safe too,do the drivers come with them?

i will bring the sun!

the low cost of living!

the the great filipino smile!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

i will bring the sun! - and i will bring the warm and nice white sandy beaches, where you can swim without wearing a wetsuit hahaha

the low cost of living! - yep but the salary is in GB£ still oooohhh that will be great!!!

the the great filipino smile! - If we have them all, surely everybody will be

Wish wish wish

i would also add ice tea!

and ripe mangos and mango shakes!

also the sweet ripe friut!

and cheaper shopping! as my wife loves to shop

Great ideas as Born says the single and having bag packers, maids and people in service. May happen here as the ecomony declines.
    Already people "Sluming it" applying for Tesco's and other jobs which were deemed not good enough. When the huge purge of the Public services happens in the next 12-18 months well could be very different.
    May be a lot more people looking for any form of job or chance to earn a tip.

More than jeepneys i wanna see tricycles here. In london they have non regulated pedal power tricycles normally found outside hamleys in regents street.

Half the black cabs journeys probably involve two possibly three people and little or no baggage.

Selling ciggs cheap can't see our loving goverment doing that.

On the younger people needing respect I think some older bods also need to learn about respect in the UK. Seen plenty examples over the years of rude older people and plenty breaking of rules and laws.

In phill I have seen plenty of not so respectful to elders and young alike. It seems to be if you are not known to the family or one of the poorest in the commuinty
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    being able to buy one pill and fag is more to do with that filipinos cant afford the entire box isnt it?

will the jeeneys get mots here and be road legal? because if we introduce them we need to make them safe too,do the drivers come with them?

i will bring the sun!

the low cost of living!

the the great filipino smile!
    If they introduced MOT's in Phils the roads would be empty, but then again, no one takes any notice of the law over there anyway so I suppose it would just be another reason for the corrupt policemen to get people to cough up more of their hard earned cash.
    Iain.

Theres a guy here in the UK got a road legal Jeepney,he takes it around the summer fiestas

I want to see a monkey bike tricycle
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

askal?

askal?
    we already have them,but we have rescue homes

[QUOTE=somebody;135537]
    Selling ciggs cheap can't see our loving goverment doing that.

Nope you're absolutely right! But don't you think ALL British Governments [regardless of which Political Party is in power at any given time] are a bunch of hypocrites in that, on the one hand, they continue to "preach" against the smoking habit, by banning it in public places nationwide and "desecrating" otherwise attractive cigarette packs with ever more hideous slogans, dire health warnings &c., PURPORTEDLY to coerce people into forsaking the "noxious weed". And yet, on the other, they remain content to fill their coffers :bluegrab:with the revenue stealthily generated by the ongoing sales of so-called "coffin nails ...!

Thread Information