Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Philippine food and western taste...........

Banned
    If there is one...I will apply...... I love cooking....

we have a gurka restaurant near us but its funny that you never see a philipino reataurant in your local high street.

serving up traditional food,im sure they will do well?

Banned
    Coz... I am not there yet to open the first Pinoy resto... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    If there is one...I will apply...... I love cooking....
    But you don't know how to make Embutido LOL

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by misscarie View Post
    But you don't know how to make Embutido LOL
    hello how are you? yeah I love cooking...eh,so what is the connection of applying to be a cook,wanted to learn from the chef,could be assistant chef

ganda baby mo ah

Thats what I have thought before.If am rich I could do with one
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

It could be there is a limited market food in the Fils was for me at the bottom of the list of reasons to go there
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

I heard tell there's one in Kenilworth, well at least I heard there's one that's run by a Filipino, but I don't know for certain if they do Filipino food.
    Iain.

Banned
    oh.. but my bf loves Pinoy food... more tasty than what he's used to...and besides, we only go to where the food tastes really good.. not just to any eatery...

I love pinoy cuisine I'm not sure how well a filipino restaurant would work here though, as 99% of the Chinese takeaways/restaurants don't really serve real Chinese food anyway.
    Mark, Cristina & Raffy

Banned
    What about start to build one filipino restaurant Tawi..I am sure you will have loads of customer and you can find staff around,i guess:

Banned
    wonder if there's such a thing as authentic pinoy food.. as most of what we eat now are a fusion of spanish, chinese, and malay... just like our culture and tradition... would you mind telling us what is an example of an authentic pinoy food aside from the rice being cooked inside a kawayan like how the aetas did? just wondering....

Banned
    ah.. that's kare-kare! (ox tail stew in peanut sauce).. I love it! My friends tell me I cook delicious kare-kare.. ot sure if it's authentic pinoy food though...

Dinuguan is authentic pinoy? betamax is authentic pinoy street food.. LOL... I have tried the sea urchin... yum! by star meat, you mean meat from star fish?

I am so busted now... not working here in the office... just reading posts.. so lazy today!

Banned
    LOL... ewwww... never had one... I had tasted sgod... tastes like chicken... how about palaka, snake, wild cat, crocodile, monkey, or bayawak? Now I know what you meant by authentic pinoy food... LOL

Banned
    Well, you can't get them there... except for the dogs, cat, and rat... eeeewwwww

Respected Member
    I didn't think the place in Earl's Court was too bad, yes the decor isn't great, but the food seemed alright.

Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest... "

Hi There Peep`s...,

Perhaps that is why all i ever saw was people on their way home from work buying bags of cooked rice,goat or chicken....blah blah...

And if you visited they wanted Ice Cream,cooked Pork (or suckling pig ) and not forgetting the odd case of beer.... Phil
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

We were in Joesphines during a nice sunny lunch time recently and for those who know fitzorovia area is a place where loads of young professionals go to eat with plenty of money. The street was heaving all the food places whatever budget were packed out.
    Any resturant, bar or cafe with seats outside were full.

We turned up to early and wandered off and came back. We were shown to a table (the place was empty and the lady kind of wandered off. Then a bloke came along handed us some menus, as he said when the missus asked about the dinguagan its made for non phills (i think health n safety officers may also have a hand there) we ordered a selection of dishes. The food was ok. Two groups of diners looked at the menu one bloke came along and had a group who were to come along but from what i picked up some of the party were not keen and had stopped off at another eaterie.
    So we had the entire place to oursleves. With three tables outside remaining empty.

The food was expensive (i was not worried as have paid far more in the same street) but anyone not used to the prices of the area (or claiming expenses many have set meals so people dont exceed their budget)for the quality of food would have been very angry. I know of at least 15 places including two budget sandwiches shops with in two streets which serve better food and value.

Would i go again with the missus yes because she liked the food, but i think she would rather go to an asian/pinoy store or two and stock up on foods with the same money rather than one meal.

Looking at one of the menus i think it would be very hard to take a Western or indeed Japanese group on a business meal to a typical pinoy resturant and ensure all were happy.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Thumbs up food at its best

I have lived in the phils for a few years with my wife, i like alot of pinoy food, there is many outlets to choose from , from banoks , jolliebee , even Mc D and KFC have there own menus that differ from the UK you must try them while you are there,

I know in some ealier posts that it has been menationed that at times the food slow to be served or it not warm enough, the best thing i always found when ordering do state you wish to have the food served hot (init) and then it will come to that way... as pinoys are used to eating things colder than us ppl from UK.

If you go to the phils you must try spit pig or lechon as they call it there, that was one of my fav dishes, along with there beef steak special is a must,(but cant remeber the proper name they call it ill ask the mrs and get back to you), other fav foods places i loved were greenwich pizza which i thought was like are pizzahut here in Uk but it alot cheaper and alot taster hmmm yummy,,

They also have kenny rodgers chicken places which isnt bad either and there chicken is very yummy,,, i know the above places isnt real pinoy home made dishes but i am just explaining to people the differnt types of places were u can eat in the phils..

some restos in davao id recommend is harrana the spare ribs are amazing along with the milkfish, also there is a number of other restos nearby which are just awesome too, another fav of mine is cocos , and davao hilltop resto very nice, and if you want a nice drink go to bluepost were you can chill and play pool and have a drink and they also do food too,

i actually think it is possible to have a mainstreamed pinoy restaurant.
    my partner's irish and it's not the taste that puts him off
    it's the preparation of the meats

basically, that means walang buto at walang fat.
    so if you made kaldereta or nilaga and used meat cuts off the bone and without fat,
    he loves it. binagoongan goes down well too.

the sour tasting dishes like sinigang and tinola are definitely for pinoy only.
    though you wonder why the thai tom yum is quite popular.

as for the dried fish like dilis, tuyo, daing and the salted eggs
    - i think we'll keep the specialites to ourselves!

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information