Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    As long as you're coming here for the right reasons, ie to be a wife and partner to your husband and not as an OFW who just happens to have a ring on her finger and a visa, then I'm sure you'll be OK...... and as long as your family back home understands the difference between a wife and an OFW as well.

Iain.
    Quote Originally Posted by leahneilcheeka View Post
    sorry... could i just ask what's wrong with being an OFW????
    Absolutely nothing wrong with being an OFW or coming to the UK as an OFW, but it's very different thing from being the wife of a UK citizen who's main purpose in coming to the UK should be to start a new life and build a family here with her husband, unlike an OFW who's main purpose in coming to the UK is to work and to send money home to her family in the Philippines.

Iain.

Right Ian, I agree with you. My primary purpose in going to Uk is to build a family that me and my bf wanted , but of course i would not want to be a burden to him. Maybe home based small business well do good for me ( as i have read in some post here)

Banned

Red face

your coming here first and foremost to be a good wife to your husband and to build your relationship thats all that matters forget how us british are always moaning and bitching about something in OUR country we still do that even if we are in the philippines the fact is we have a a beutifull country the problem is some of the people in it english and foregners and the crap that our governments come out with ,high taxes ect i could go on at the end of the day there are worse countries to live in than the uk but saying that i still think this place has gone to the dogs and i am off to the philippines in a few years will i still be moaning you bet i will

A MOANING OLD GIT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    Yeah its very boring here.....
    You can drink the tap water and not get ill.....
    Unless you live in a city like London you can also walk and breathe fresh air, and nowhere, nowhere is like Manila or other Phil cities/towns for smell /pollution.
    There arn`t many malls here cos we arn`t yanks and walking round all day NOT buying anything apart from a 50peso drink ISNT fun !!
    Come here and learn that the whole world isnt asian or american, work hard, enjoy yourself and improve yourself.
    Remember, your coming here of your own choice and arn`t forced to so moaning doesnt shine brigthly upon you.
    And yes, it rains here but i`ve never been to Phil and not had rain. Heavy rain.
    Oh, no typhoons here either, more boringness then!
    Good luck with your application but please have an open mind when you come here and don`t moan like so many people do.

Well, if you are in Davao you can drink water from the tap and not get ill... and there's plenty of fresh air and there isn't much heavy traffic there too.. and Davao doesn't get typhoons either... sorry.. the Dabawenya in me is at the loose again... LOL

right florge, am working here in davao, still the best place to be (among the cities in the phils)... As of today Robinsons opened at lanang and Ayala is also constructing a mall infront of Redemptorist church.. SM plans to have another mall at the north of davao..

Quote Originally Posted by eagles View Post
    right florge, am working here in davao, still the best place to be (among the cities in the phils)... As of today Robinsons opened at lanang and Ayala is also constructing a mall infront of Redemptorist church.. SM plans to have another mall at the north of davao..
    From my perspective more malls are not really a indication of progress Wider pavements and a vibrant and diverse retail industry in local niehbourhoods as opposed to sari-sari,pawnshop, internet cafe karendaria repeat ad infinitum would create far more wealth in the local communities

The malls simply keep all the money OUT of the local community and make the rich richer whilst keeping prices high because of the overheads and wages low
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    Well, if you are in Davao you can drink water from the tap and not get ill... and there's plenty of fresh air and there isn't much heavy traffic there too.. and Davao doesn't get typhoons either... sorry.. the Dabawenya in me is at the loose again... LOL
    Good for Davao
    Hopefully if there you can avoid potential death squads and bombs?
    I beleive some of the extremists have bombed there?
    Maybe thats a different Davao?

Banned
    Yeah, I know. Born and raised in Davao but working here in Manila. Don't worry so much so.. you can cope.. Pinoys are flexible... I'll let you know what happens when I get to UK... hehehe

Banned
    Good for Davao
    Hopefully if there you can avoid potential death squads and bombs?
    I beleive some of the extremists have bombed there?
    Maybe thats a different Davao?
    No bombs there adam&chryss...you might be referring to the provinces of Davao City, which are Davao del Norte, del Sur and Oriental... very far from the city... the squads and bombs you may have heard/read/watched are very far from Davao City... have you been to Davao?

Respected Member
    Nope never been there. I was always told not to go too far south cos of troubles with terrorists.
    It sounds like a nice place but my point on this thread was that here in Uk you can drink the water anywhere, not just in a few places.
    Also regarding the Typhoons, again good for Davao that it doesn`t experience them but lots of places do whereas nowhere here does.
    Good that it doesn`t have much traffic too cos everywhere else i`d been in Phil had jeepneys and 2-stroke bikes that billowed out smoke.
    In fact I wonder why more of you don`t live there?
    I`m sure it`d be easier to travel there from anywhere else in Phil rather than pay for a visa to come to UK.
    Knocking up another mall will only increase traffic and fumes and turn Davao into just another city but I guess money talks.
    Also there havnt been any bombs in cities here since 7/7, or in the areas surrounding them so its safe.
    So, just to clarify, when you get here you can live anywhere and be mostly safe apart from some city areas, drink tap water everywhere, avoid extreme weather and hopefully work too!
    Yes it rains here and windy too but thats what you get with an island.
    Also theres taxes but if or when you get here you didnt come for the sun did you?
    You come to work and earn money and that chance you will get.

Right Ian, I agree with you. My primary purpose in going to Uk is to build a family that me and my bf wanted , but of course i would not want to be a burden to him. Maybe home based small business well do good for me ( as i have read in some post here)

Hi Eagles,
    Everyone who comes to the UK on a spouse or fiancee visa has the same purpose, don't they? And nobody wants to be a burden to the husband as that should be the case.

Anywhere we go there are advantages and disadvantates so it just depend on the person on how she will cope up on the given situation.

Some had immediately looked for a job for some reasons and some just not that keen in working until they find what they're looking for. It's not because they don't need money or some refer to them as lazy and/or choosy but there maybe some reasons for them. Perhaps it's just fine with the husband, financially doing well or they have agreed on something. Unlike some husbands complain wife is not looking for a job because he is not aware of what she wanted. Just be honest and be an open minded person.

Having a small home based business is good but just be careful for some are bogus. I have tried it also.

Don't expect too much when you come over. You'll just discover things as they come along. Aside from beautiful historical sites, unpolluted air, clean and quiet surroundings, friendly people, no traffic jams, drink water from the tap, unpredictable weather, no typhoons, no heavy rains (well very seldom) people are calm (i seldom see and hear people shouting aside from teenagers in the town centers during weekends), people give way when there's a narrow path along the way, cars stops when they see you waiting in the pedestrian lane to cross the street, etc etc.

there are unexpected things... i will let you discover them, just one thing NO housemaid .... You can hire a cleaner if you can afford it. Again for some it is not a big deal, but some find it really hard especially if they are used to have stay-in househelpers ......

Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    Hi Eagles,
    You can hire a cleaner if you can afford it. Again for some it is not a big deal, but some find it really hard especially if they are used to have househelpers ......

Cheers!
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Banned

Talking

going a little off thread but dont worry about going to mindanao there is only very small pockets of troubled area as for living with the threat of terrorism we have lived like that for years in the uk

just one thing NO housemaid .... You can hire a cleaner if you can afford it. Again for some it is not a big deal, but some find it really hard especially if they are used to have stay-in househelpers ......

Cheers!
    Hehehe very true my lovey! you need to do some trainings now hehe...

Respected Member
    Its not so bad florge, you'll be surprised at how fun it can be. It's like playing house (bahay-bahayan) with your hubby in the new house It will be a new and different but fun experience. Besides, i guess brit husbands are more helpful around the house - my hubby is. He doesn't expect me to serve him and do everything around the house. When he gets home from work, he always helps me out. And on weekends, i get some off doing the dishes, coz he normally does it. But mostly, i insist on doing the chores myself since i know he is tired from work. Except of course when i start working too, it would be hard to juggle both. So it's best to have a supporting and helpful husband. After all, marriage is about teamwork. So cheer up, its gonna be great

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Its not so bad florge, you'll be surprised at how fun it can be. It's like playing house (bahay-bahayan) with your hubby in the new house It will be a new and different but fun experience. Besides, i guess brit husbands are more helpful around the house - my hubby is. He doesn't expect me to serve him and do everything around the house. When gets home from work, he always helps me out. And on weekends, i get some off doing the dishes, coz he normally does it. But mostly, i insist on doing the chores myself since i know he is tired from work. Except of course when i start working too, it would be hard to juggle both. So it's best to have a supporting and helpful husband. After all, marriage is about teamwork. So cheer up, its gonna be great

I agree with Sophie
    Unlike in the PI, mostly women are "expected" to do almost all the household chores (part of our practices, customs & traditions) but here it is totally different (depending on your partner )... Things are more shared here, so you got nothing to worry

Banned
    Its not so bad florge, you'll be surprised at how fun it can be. It's like playing house (bahay-bahayan) with your hubby in the new house It will be a new and different but fun experience. Besides, i guess brit husbands are more helpful around the house - my hubby is. He doesn't expect me to serve him and do everything around the house. When he gets home from work, he always helps me out. And on weekends, i get some off doing the dishes, coz he normally does it. But mostly, i insist on doing the chores myself since i know he is tired from work. Except of course when i start working too, it would be hard to juggle both. So it's best to have a supporting and helpful husband. After all, marriage is about teamwork. So cheer up, its gonna be great
    Well, I have to agree with you... I do not mind doing the cleaning... fiance agreed that he'll do the laundry and ironing as I hate doing that... but then... he doesn't want me to move things in his house.. i.e. the furniture... my gosh.. what if I don't like how it is arranged? we had a pretty good argument on this last night though... LOL

Well, I have to agree with you... I do not mind doing the cleaning... fiance agreed that he'll do the laundry and ironing as I hate doing that... but then... he doesn't want me to move things in his house.. i.e. the furniture... my gosh.. what if I don't like how it is arranged? we had a pretty good argument on this last night though... LOL
    i have learnt since my wife as got here not to argue with her? as it only gets her mad and she doesnt talk to me for a while and she can keep it up for longer than me!

even though shes very helpful with the diy,when it comes to wanting stuff and rearranging the house its her way or no way

and she leant to compromise ie when we argue she doesnt give in until she gets what she wants mainly because i get tired of arguing and give in?

but i still love her ever so much

Respected Member
    I agree, cleaning is not so bad (with vacuum's hlep ) and the laundry is also easy as you just chuck it all in the washing machine. But the ironing, oh well, i hate it as much as you do . My hubby will have to do it himself or he goes to work with crumpled clothes. But about arranging the house, i guess you have to take charge coz when it comes to interior designing and house beautification, women know best I guess we have the natural talent for that
    You know i was laughing when you said you already argued about those stuff last night coz it just reminded me of how me and my hubby argued back then about where will the baby sleep , and we're not even married yet at that time and i'm still in manila back then . But we settled it as early as then, we agreed to meet halfway

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i have learnt since my wife as got here not to argue with her? as it only gets her mad and she doesnt talk to me for a while and she can keep it up for longer than me!
    even though shes very helpful with the diy,when it comes to wanting stuff and rearranging the house its her way or no way

and she leant to compromise ie when we argue she doesnt give in until she gets what she wants mainly because i get tired of arguing and give in?

VERY GOOD HUSBAND!!

For me:
    It's my way or the highway hahaha...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post

VERY GOOD HUSBAND!!

For me:
    As for me, ITS EITHER MY WAY OR YOU GET OUT OF MY WAY

As to the furniture arrangement and interior designing i am the one to decide. He already has told me even when i was still back home. He gets my opinion before deciding for any changes to be made and what to remove and add to the furnishings. I still ask his views if it passes his criterias but as he said it's my home and i can do whatever i want..... Doing laundry is not a big deal just stick them all to the washing machine...separate whites from the colored ones bec when i got here i noticed the whites turned into pink .

VERY GOOD HUSBAND!!

For me:
    Good one Zobel!!

For me, NO WAY.....it's my way!!! .....
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Talking Our way...

her way or no way

For me:
    For me, NO WAY.....it's my way!!! .....

Any other ways? lol

Respected Member
    As to the furniture arrangement and interior designing i am the one to decide. He already has told me even when i was still back home. He gets my opinion before deciding for any changes to be made and what to remove and add to the furnishings. I still ask his views if it passes his criterias but as he said it's my home and i can do whatever i want..... Doing laundry is not a big deal just stick them all to the washing machine...separate whites from the colored ones bec when i got here i noticed the whites turned into pink
    i agree

Eagles,they opened the SM?I saw the site last month when I passed going to Damosa Your right,I have been to quite a number of Pinoy cities,Davao is the only one I would think of settling in,and its also true I didnt get LBM when drinking the water

Respected Member
    Are you saying Filipino men don`t help out with the chores?
    I lived alone for a few years so i`m used to doing everything myself, and I mean everything

Respected Member
    Are you saying Filipino men don`t help out with the chores?
    I lived alone for a few years so i`m used to doing everything myself, and I mean everything
    I think it's more of a culture thing in the philippines. Men are not used to doing chores in the house, it's a woman's job. Men work, women stay in the house to take care of the chores and the kids. But since it's more modern now, women work too, but still they are expected to do the chores in the house (talking about multitasking), so if both the husband and wife are working, they would just hire some help to do some of the household stuff to lessen the woman's load in the house. But there are still "a few good men" left i suppose, but most still depend on women for the household chores.

Any other ways? lol
    By the way
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

I lived alone for a few years so i`m used to doing everything myself, and I mean everything [/QUOTE]

Same as my husband he does all the cleaning, washing etc in the house and looking after our wee boy except cooking So thats my only job Good for me as i am heavily preggy now
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Banned

hahahahaha... you learn fast! and yes, i did that... didn't say anything for about 5 minutes and gave a sad look until bf said "okay... you can rearrange the furniture"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information