Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Fishing

Respected Member

Extreme Fishing

For those of u who dont know there's a program on Channel Five on Monday 20th at 9pm. Its about a Geordie ( British Actor) called Robson Green and he is doing a fishing trip in the Philippines.

Great TV entertainment worth watching

Paul and tiN
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

lets see if we can get Mrs Major hooked on it... hehehehehe
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

hello

Quote Originally Posted by tiN View Post
    For those of u who dont know there's a program on Channel Five on Monday 20th at 9pm. Its about a Geordie ( British Actor) called Robson Green and he is doing a fishing trip in the Philippines.

Paul and tiN
    yes,we love it we love fishing especially in the philippines

Banned

Wink

and he is not using a net or dynamite

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    I thought you'll gonna say let see if I have time because Ligaya and Josh was there already,lol ,well thats my very Special Day,let see if i have my time

My wife seems to love all of these fishing programs like Trawlermen ect, but for some reason she can't stand Extreme Fishing. Maybe it's just Robson Green she's not too keen on.
    Iain.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahlee View Post
    yes,we love it we love fishing especially in the philippines
    where do u usually go for fishing in the Philippines?
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    My wife seems to love all of these fishing programs like Trawlermen ect, but for some reason she can't stand Extreme Fishing. Maybe it's just Robson Green she's not too keen on.
    Iain.
    Yeah he is an actor thats why, but he is very funny though

They have fish left in the Philippines?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Paul and tiN
    thanks for sharing sis..

As luck would have it, I'm going to BE in the Philippines, with my girl, for the first time in 5 Months.
    What a bugger eh, I'll miss it.

Paul and tiN
    We watched it last night when he was in bangkok. We enjoyed it As usual my father in law reminded us Put a reminder coz we are both forgetful

Looking forward for next week ,think he is going to siargao

Thanks sis for the info
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Wink Extreme Fishing

Hi all, I watched it last night when he was in bangkok,some huge fish and am looking forward to next week when he is in the Philippines, He does eat some of his catch when allowed, I wonder if he will eat the eyes?
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    Iain.
    I watched that program lastnight thats why i forgot the extreme Fishing

"You don't have to be a certain age to fall in love;
    although you've maybe been told you're to young.
    For those who tell you that,
    that don't know what is.
    "

hello

where do u usually go for fishing in the Philippines?
    we go fishing somewhere in boholxxxxxx

Paul and tiN
    Thanks, Paul & Tin. I've made a mental note to watch this programme ... no, on reflection, it's better that I jot down the date, time and Channel ... as Myrna and myself have already had the misfortune to miss at least one other featuring the Phils [that I was later told about] in the five weeks she's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    Nice one Scott & Ligaya! Now you've set me off wondering if a programme on fishing had been screened in Perth, an appropriate title would be "Salmonchanted Evening"??

As Paul and tiN will already be aware, Perth lies on the banks of the River Tay - famous for its salmon fisheries. The rest, I'll leave you to unravel yourselves, readers ...

Hiya Sis Tin,

Thanks for the info, i'm sure hubby will love it.
    S J

Banned

Paul and tiN
    We watched that monday night when he was in Thailand. I fell asleep at 6:00 p.m. and awoke at 9:00
    Looking forward for the next venue which is Philippines blue waters

Respected Member
    I watched it last night on Thailand and it was interesting and funny, although most of the fishing seemed to be in stocked lakes, with species from all over the place. I prefer to fish in wild places myself! Interestingly though Connie and I met a couple in Hong Kong last week who have bought a few large parcels of land in Siargao, where it will be next week. They are convinced in the next "in" place and will make huge profits in future years. I will be doubly interested to watch the programme now.

As a sea angler I really want to see what the Philippines can offer. When our new house is finished, in Minglanilla, in the middle of this year and we have settled in, I fully intend to get myself a suitable boat and get out there. Our house has direct beach access so I will lay a mooring and then bring the boat ashore when we are not there. I prefer to get a hull type that I am familiar with, like a Dory, or even an aluminium boat for lightless. Does anyone have experience of this locally? I realise that the "bancas" are much cheaper but apart from the fact that they are the traditional construction locally is there any reason why that design is preferable. I intend to work with the locals, and not upset them by "stealing" their fish, although in truth I don't really expect to actually "take" very much and will return anything undersized. However does anyone have any more information about regulations, licences etc?

Finally, if you too are a sea angler and want to join this project then let me know. Fishing is always better done with a mate or two. Makes the SMB go down better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by David House View Post
    I watched it last night on Thailand and it was interesting and funny, although most of the fishing seemed to be in stocked lakes, with species from all over the place. I prefer to fish in wild places myself! Interestingly though Connie and I met a couple in Hong Kong last week who have bought a few large parcels of land in Siargao, where it will be next week. They are convinced in the next "in" place and will make huge profits in future years. I will be doubly interested to watch the programme now.

As a sea angler I really want to see what the Philippines can offer. When our new house is finished, in Minglanilla, in the middle of this year and we have settled in, I fully intend to get myself a suitable boat and get out there. Our house has direct beach access so I will lay a mooring and then bring the boat ashore when we are not there. I prefer to get a hull type that I am familiar with, like a Dory, or even an aluminium boat for lightless. Does anyone have experience of this locally? I realise that the "bancas" are much cheaper but apart from the fact that they are the traditional construction locally is there any reason why that design is preferable. I intend to work with the locals, and not upset them by "stealing" their fish, although in truth I don't really expect to actually "take" very much and will return anything undersized. However does anyone have any more information about regulations, licences etc?

Finally, if you too are a sea angler and want to join this project then let me know. Fishing is always better done with a mate or two. Makes the SMB go down better.
    Hubby ia an angler too Dave. He taught me more about Fly Fishing. I have my own fishing gear now He said women can catch better than men because we have some hormones that attracts the fish. He's eager to go fishing in the Philippines when he learned that I have friends in Calatagan Batangas, Puerto Galera and Nasugbu
    You can do fishing without any rod license in the Philippines, Dynamite fishing is illegal but still many fishermen violates the law. Bancas are commonly used because most small fishermen cannot afford to buy fishing boats. If you are wealthy, you can have your own fish pond at the sea. In fresh water like Laguna de Bay, you can see loads of fish ponds in the middle of the bay

Unlike in the UK, fishing boat can only catch limited amount of fish and there must be certain size to be caught And to angler, they need to get rod license

i really love fishingeverytime when we are in pattaya,thailand we rent a small fishing boat with a captain on it.we start fishing at 6 am til 5 pm and its truei catch more fish than the others who are with us in the boat.its 87 in totaland at 3 o'clock the helper of the captain fried some of the fish that we catch.we have a rice,fruits and also i bought[b4 we go to the pier.where the boat are]a papaya pokpok.its a thai foods but only bit spicy.and we go to an island and we have a picnic there.we always do this everytime when we are in pattaya

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    They have fish left in the Philippines?
    Think so Boss,

Lets see what Robson will get

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    thanks for sharing sis..
    No prob sis,, anytime

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    We watched it last night when he was in bangkok. We enjoyed it As usual my father in law reminded us Put a reminder coz we are both forgetful

Looking forward for next week ,think he is going to siargao

Thanks sis for the info
    You have a sky sis right? why dont u just put a reminder on it and put the series link

I am sure you will not miss it when you do that..

My husband is interested where they will go as he loves fishing alot

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Thanks, Paul & Tin. I've made a mental note to watch this programme ... no, on reflection, it's better that I jot down the date, time and Channel ... as Myrna and myself have already had the misfortune to miss at least one other featuring the Phils [that I was later told about] in the five weeks she's been here.
    No prob Arthur

Better not to forget it for Myrna

Hope ur both ok.. Say my regards 2 her

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyHon View Post
    Hiya Sis Tin,

Thanks for the info, i'm sure hubby will love it.
    No prob sis

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Hubby ia an angler too Dave. He taught me more about Fly Fishing. I have my own fishing gear now He said women can catch better than men because we have some hormones that attracts the fish. He's eager to go fishing in the Philippines when he learned that I have friends in Calatagan Batangas, Puerto Galera and Nasugbu
    You can do fishing without any rod license in the Philippines, Dynamite fishing is illegal but still many fishermen violates the law. Bancas are commonly used because most small fishermen cannot afford to buy fishing boats. If you are wealthy, you can have your own fish pond at the sea. In fresh water like Laguna de Bay, you can see loads of fish ponds in the middle of the bay

Unlike in the UK, fishing boat can only catch limited amount of fish and there must be certain size to be caught And to angler, they need to get rod license
    Same as my husband, he is an angler. He tried to teach me the fly fishing method but i just cant get it. But i love the float fishing, using a spinning rod.

In our next visit we are wanting to try go fishing there, but unfortunately i dont know any places where i can take him?

But hey I will wait to see where Robson go and I might take him there the next time we visit home

Irobot..." Sunny...Different From The Rest..."

It is nice to so many fisher / people here on line, I started fishing when I very little but stopped I was a course fisherman , beachcaster/ boat fisherman we even had our own 18 foot boat in the Bristol Channel.But one of my regrets were I never did get into fly fishing...pouts.., but there again I did do my fair share of game shooting...

Ahhhh... Almost forgot I too have watched a lot of the sky fishing programs and some times watch them twice...hows sad that !!!... The extreme fishing programs are interesting, the one which made me smile was on one he finished the day off by beachcasting for sharks and the bloke he was fishing with said anything under 6 to 7 foot is a tiddler and must be thrown back....Yikes....

Any ways.... Tight Lines ...Phil...
    ...A wild bird should never be caged as it breaks it`s spirit...The cage door is always open...

for the first time my husband catched the fish last year, he thought he catch a big fish but when he pulled the line it was only 3inches big hehe.
    all things are possible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information