Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Smile Looking for a Filipino Husband in the Philippines

Hi everyone. I'm and American woman, 47, no kids, non-drinker, smoker and am employed. I live in Batangas City. There are few places to meet men here and then they are too shy to speak to me because of my status. Does anyone know any single Filipino guys in the area to introduce me to? It is improper for me to initiate a relationship here in this culture. Anyone able to help or give advice? Thanks! I just want a nice man with a good work ethic that can deal with an expat.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lbechner View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm and American woman, 47, no kids, non-drinker, smoker and am employed. I live in Batangas City. There are few places to meet men here and then they are too shy to speak to me because of my status. Does anyone know any single Filipino guys in the area to introduce me to? It is improper for me to initiate a relationship here in this culture. Anyone able to help or give advice? Thanks! I just want a nice man with a good work ethic that can deal with an expat.
    I guess it's expected that some guys would get intimidated with you specially with your status as an expat, unless you meet someone of thesame caliber as you. But here's a bit of bad news - you can rarely find a single filipino guy within your age bracket. Most men your age are married. And we have no divorce in the philippines. But some couples who can't stand each other anymore go through legal separation or annulment if they can afford it (annulment is quite dear in the philippines). Others just simply separate without any legal paper works - simpler and cheaper. But this should not discourage you. I'm sure you would meet some available filipino guys in their mid to late 30's at work, through friends or through your local church (if you are attending one). You just need to broaden your network of friends, meet a lot of people, make a lot of friends. I'm sure one of them will lead you to your mr. right. And don't worry about initiating a relationship there, were not in the olden times anymore. Filipino men are more modern, liberal and open minded now. I'm sure they won't mind you initiating a relationship, just be subtle though, you don't want to come out too strong and aggresive, you might scare them off. So i hope you find what you're looking for. I'm sure someone special is out there for you. And i hope you find him soon. Just be careful in choosing and make sure you get to know them well first, before starting a relationship. Goodluck in your hunting

Thanks Sophie. Good advice. It will be hard for me I see. To add insult to injury, I haven't been Catholic since I was 18 and refuse go back. With 85% of the population being staunch Catholic really limits me. I work for AG&P in Bauan where we currently have 1,500 employees, mostly men. The gossip mill tells me that there are many men there interested in me but they only want one thing. That green card to the US. Unfortunately, I don't intend to go back there unless it's to visit family. I don't want a guy who only wants a crack at getting to the US. Frankly, the US is a hard place to live even if you are a citizen and I just can't get most people here to understand that. It's even worse now with the poor economy.

I've been here for a long time now. I've tried the online dating and such but it rarely pans out. Like you said, most are intimidated by me. They say hello and such but rarely get beyond that. I actually have more conversations with my students than anyone else but, as most have just graduated university, they are far too young and too immature for me.

I understand the laws on divorce and have had my share of "separated" but not annuled guys here. I'm looking for a husband, and I don't want to be a mistress. Maybe I should have stayed in India. My friends there were trying to arrange a marriage for me but, at the time, I didn't feel I was ready.

Respected Member
    [QUOTE=lbechner;127071]The gossip mill tells me that there are many men there interested in me but they only want one thing. That green card to the US. Unfortunately, I don't intend to go back there unless it's to visit family. I don't want a guy who only wants a crack at getting to the US.

Exactly, you should not waste your time on hopeless guys who would only use you and take advantage of you, you deserve better than that. I'm sure someone worthy of your love will come along, someone who will love you back thesame way or more, without any hidden agenda.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lbechner View Post
    I've been here for a long time now. I've tried the online dating and such but it rarely pans out. Like you said, most are intimidated by me. They say hello and such but rarely get beyond that. I actually have more conversations with my students than anyone else but, as most have just graduated university, they are far too young and too immature for me.
    I think another advice i could suggest is for you to be active in any group activities in your area or in any other nearby areas, hang out with as many people as you can, make yourself accessible. The more other people have you around, the more they get used to you and the less intimidated they will be with you. And don't limit yourself and your chances on love, as they say "In love, age doesn't matter". There's no young or old as long as you both feel something for each other and he is mature enough to carry on the relationship to the next level and you know your love will surpass beyond the age thing. You can also get into fitness club, enroll in a gym close to your area, participate in sports activities, be pro-active, have fun and enjoy life. Before you know it, you will be meeting a lot of interesting guys as good prospects while having fun along the way.

Banned
    Well , i had friend who just done his annulment,and i would'nt think he will thought of living in US or green card iether,and he ask me to look a nice lady here,with out knowing you are there in PI already,lol....... he is annuled,he is 40+ not sure his real age,and b4 i fly we able to chat for few minutes cause he is sooo busy in his job,he is marketing manager at BDO- mega mall branch, single and currently looking for one, thing is megamall is far to bauan ,we live there in Batangas before at sta,rita and i know exactly your location,we have restaurant before while the STa Rita power plant was on develop that time ,1999 -(1500 megawatts) they call it FIRST GAS now a supplier of Napocor and Meralco
    Anyhow,im wishing you can find one too,even not the one i know from megamall

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    ... thing is megamall is far to bauan ,we live there and i know exactly your location,we have restaurant before while the STa Rita power plant was on develop that time ,1999 -1500 megawatts
    Anyhow,im wishing you can find one too,even not the one i know from megamall
    Sometimes we can go far for that silly thing called love

Hi Ibechner, Sophie had said them all. As what you have said about yourself it is really very hard for you to find someone of your caliber. Most of the filipino guys of your age are already married or if not married they are separated and living with someone else.It was bec annulment is a lenghty, tedious, and expensive process in the Phils. They could be lucky if they have enough money to pay for the annulment but mostly don't bother anymore. Some will just show interest on you but perhaps are just interested on having the green card or will just make you their mistress.

On the positive side, ...You can meet sensible guys by joining group activities in the church, go to the gym (be careful of the yuppies), and/or thru friends. I'm sure you got lady friends of your caliber and so they might have male friends to be introduced to you.

Goodluck on your search for a lifetime partner.
    In due time you will meet Mr. Right.
    Cheers!
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sysop View Post
    Sometimes we can go far for that silly thing called love

Juliet you may introduce Ibechner to your friend. Who knows you will be their NINANG...
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    Juliet you may introduce Ibechner to your friend. Who knows you will be their NINANG...
    Huuwaah I am only 43 can be ninang for babies but not for the wedding guys

U naughty,naughty
    cheers iye

It's ok Juliet. Age doesn't matter. I have a friend she was the ninang of our friend who got married and she was only 24 that time. To be a ninang can be based on : being a close friend of the bride and/or groom, can be a relative or bec of fat pocket or wallet.....

Cheers!

henceg_001@yahoo.com

Hi Ibechner,

The advices are right but you have your own life to make up. Just do what your hearts want. We are just temporary here in this world, money is nothing when we are getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    It's ok Juliet. Age doesn't matter. I have a friend she was the ninang of our friend who got married and she was only 24 that time. To be a ninang can be based on : being a close friend of the bride and/or groom, can be a relative or bec of fat pocket or wallet.....

Cheers!
    age doesn't matter nowadays when it comes to choosing ninang or ninong. i have a friend who asked a 5 year old nephew to be a ninong for her son

Thread Information