Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question ILR granted or denied???

Hi, i post here before regarding one of my friend here in UK she's indonesian.
    Her visa will be expires this 15th feb 2009, They arrived here 2 years ago on 25th of March 2007.

She applied for her ILR last week 05th of feb 2009 thursday, I'm just wondering if she will be granted an ILR or rather sadly a deny on her application? bcoz they arrived here 25th of march 2007, and applied her visa 05th of feb 2009.

just telling you her situation so we can learn from her, i'll post her what will happen also on her application if i get a news on it.

Respected Member
    They? Who's they? Is she married to British? ILR is for 5 years work permit and 3 years as spouse of a British national. Without one of these she will be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by nparvus1202 View Post
    They? Who's they? Is she married to British? ILR is for 5 years work permit and 3 years as spouse of a British national. Without one of these she will be denied.
    hi, she is married to a british guy.
    ILR is 3 years? i thought ILR is after 2 years staying in UK then 3 years being in UK still married to your spouse you can apply for citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    Hi, i post here before regarding one of my friend here in UK she's indonesian.
    Her visa will be expires this 15th feb 2009, They arrived here 2 years ago on 25th of March 2007.

She applied for her ILR last week 05th of feb 2009 thursday, I'm just wondering if she will be granted an ILR or rather sadly a deny on her application? bcoz they arrived here 25th of march 2007, and applied her visa 05th of feb 2009.

just telling you her situation so we can learn from her, i'll post her what will happen also on her application if i get a news on it.
    Did she tried to phone the HO before sending her application?
    THey changed now instead of 28 days u have 3 months to stay in ur country of origin before entering uk. She came here more than a month after her visa was granted. And applied her Ilr before her visa expired. I think she will be ok. Let just wait whatever the result is.

True you can apply for ilr after 2 years in the uk if you are married to british

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    THey changed now instead of 28 days u have 3 months to stay in ur country of origin before entering uk. She came here more than a month after her visa was granted. And applied her Ilr before her visa expired. I think she will be ok.

True you can apply for ilr after 2 years in the uk if you are married to british
    thanks Ann, she'll be pleased .... i wonder how long does it to get an ILR visa coz i read here some just got it 4 weeks and some takes really long.

thanks Ann, she'll be pleased .... i wonder how long does it to get an ILR visa coz i read here some just got it 4 weeks and some takes really long.

Case to case basis you are so lucky if you got early. I will be about to apply mine soon. Its says there in the guide notes form the maximum period for visa approval is 14 weeks

Did she tried to phone HO before sending her application? Coz that rule was introduced early last year I think

Did she tried to phone HO before sending her application? Coz that rule was introduced early last year I think
    i think they phoned the HO first. Wow lucky you, you will apply for ILR soon, mine is next year jan 2010 hopefully not too expensive and no more new rules lol

i think they phoned the HO first. Wow lucky you, you will apply for ILR soon, mine is next year jan 2010 hopefully not too expensive and no more new rules lol
    I know , its really annoying its really expensive
    Let's just hope they wont change it when it is your turn

Respected Member
    Did she tried to phone the HO before sending her application?
    THey changed now instead of 28 days u have 3 months to stay in ur country of origin before entering uk. She came here more than a month after her visa was granted. And applied her Ilr before her visa expired. I think she will be ok. Let just wait whatever the result is.

You mean even if you stayed for about 3 months in your home country after your visa was granted still you can apply for an ILR? I thought you will apply an FLR because you did not complete your 2 years. Like in my case my visa was granted 26 oct. 2007 and I've been to UK 18 Jan. 2008, so can I apply an ILR before my visa will expire on 26 Oct. 2009?

Respected Member
    I was thinking of naturalization when I said 3 years. Yes, two years I think is fine for British spouses to apply for ILR.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    You mean even if you stayed for about 3 months in your home country after your visa was granted still you can apply for an ILR? I thought you will apply an FLR because you did not complete your 2 years. Like in my case my visa was granted 26 oct. 2007 and I've been to UK 18 Jan. 2008, so can I apply an ILR before my visa will expire on 26 Oct. 2009?
    Since about August last year the spouse visas that have been issued have been valid for 27 months instead of 24 months.

You may be able to get away with applying for ILR in October instead of having to apply for FLR first - you need to to phone the HO up nearer the time. One thing to bear in mind is that they will hold your application (including your passport) until you have been in the country long enough before they start to process your application.

Darren answered it already joyce

Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    like darren said, you need to check nearer the time, because you might have to apply for FLR, as your applying nearly 2 months before your suppose to ,,

so a couple things might happen..

1) you apply for FLR and then ILR.

2) you apply for ILR and they refuse for being too early or they keep your ILR app and they will process it when you should have submitted it (upto 30 days before you've actually been in the uk 2yrs)

so phone them maybe 2 months before your visa expires so you know what you need to do

and don't forget your 'life in the uk' test, and oh, all this will could change this year because of changes in immigration law , so your guess is as good as mine as what you should do

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    like darren said, you need to check nearer the time, because you might have to apply for FLR, as your applying nearly 2 months before your suppose to ,,

so a couple things might happen..

1) you apply for FLR and then ILR.

2) you apply for ILR and they refuse for being too early or they keep your ILR app and they will process it when you should have submitted it (upto 30 days before you've actually been in the uk 2yrs)

so phone them maybe 2 months before your visa expires so you know what you need to do

and don't forget your 'life in the uk' test, and oh, all this will could change this year because of changes in immigration law , so your guess is as good as mine as what you should do
    what things are going to change again this year ..... wow

Regarding ILR application:

You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.

Sooooooooo

When A visa will expires on 15 of Feb and She arrived on 25 of March when is the best to apply ??? so it wont be refuse ???

Is the 28 days means when you ENTER UK ??? or before when your visa expires ???

Respected Member

You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the United Kingdom expires.

Sooooooooo

When A visa will expires on 15 of Feb and She arrived on 25 of March when is the best to apply ??? so it wont be refuse ???

You should only apply up to 28 days prior to the date on which you would have spent 2 years in the UK. You must always apply before your visa expires.

If for example someone had a 24 month visa which expires on the 15th Feb 2009, but they didn't arrive in the UK until the 25th March 2007, then they cannot meet this requirement. They would need to check with the HO to see if they can apply for ILR directly (no later than 14th February), or if they have to apply for FLR first, then ILR at a later stage.

Sooooooooo

That's really confusing for the spousal visa who came here a month after thier visa was granted as so many changes now. As in the guide notes for ILR also says :

If you entered the UK with
    a visa as a partner, the 2-year period to be completed
    runs from the date on which you entered the UK.

As Darren said better phone the HO

That's really confusing for the spousal visa who came here a month after thier visa was granted as so many changes now. As in the guide notes for ILR also says :

If you entered the UK with
    a visa as a partner, the 2-year period to be completed
    runs from the date on which you entered the UK.

As Darren said better phone the HO
    Unfortunately they already submitted her passport to the HM last week 5th of febuary, so hopefully its not denied

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    You should only apply up to 28 days prior to the date on which you would have spent 2 years in the UK. You must always apply before your visa expires.

If for example someone had a 24 month visa which expires on the 15th Feb 2009, but they didn't arrive in the UK until the 25th March 2007, then they cannot meet this requirement. They would need to check with the HO to see if they can apply for ILR directly (no later than 14th February), or if they have to apply for FLR first, then ILR at a later stage.
    Hi, thanks but she said they already submitted their application last week 5th of Feb. dont know what will be the result of it. but i'll keep it posted so will have lesson on this lol

Case to case basis you are so lucky if you got early. I will be about to apply mine soon. Its says there in the guide notes form the maximum period for visa approval is 14 weeks
    why not apply in person? as long as you have everything with you and everything is fine, you get your visa the same day.
    you have to pay £200 extra but thats nothing. Ive heard so much about people applying for their ILRs last year and most of them waited for atleast 5 months!! 2 of my friends waited for 7-8 months! so dont believe that 14 weeks quote they give.
    its very unpredictable. so i suggest appearing in person is the best way! atleast thats what im doing in june..because i hate it when my passport isnt with me.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kione View Post
    why not apply in person? as long as you have everything with you and everything is fine, you get your visa the same day.
    you have to pay £200 extra but thats nothing. Ive heard so much about people applying for their ILRs last year and most of them waited for atleast 5 months!! 2 of my friends waited for 7-8 months! so dont believe that 14 weeks quote they give.
    its very unpredictable. so i suggest appearing in person is the best way! atleast thats what im doing in june..because i hate it when my passport isnt with me.
    Remember though that there is still no guarantees it will be granted on the same day, so you could take a day off work, pay the extra £200 and the travelling costs to get there, and still not get to keep your passport.

For anyone who delayed their journey for more than 28 days (even if it was only a few days more) the same day service is not an option anyway.

wow 7-8 months thats really too long isn't? so some here are really lucky coz they only got their ILR for 4 weeks

wow 7-8 months thats really too long isn't? so some here are really lucky coz they only got their ILR for 4 weeks
    i got mine exactly 25 days.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Remember though that there is still no guarantees it will be granted on the same day, so you could take a day off work, pay the extra £200 and the travelling costs to get there, and still not get to keep your passport.

For anyone who delayed their journey for more than 28 days (even if it was only a few days more) the same day service is not an option anyway.
    it only wont be granted the same day if theres glitches in any of the documents . if you have all the documents ready clean and clear everything will be fine.
    friends and cousins have done it just few months ago and all got it the same day. some friends didnt appear in person.. they sent their application august 2008 and still havent heard from them.

it is ones responsibility to apply 28 days before the expiry date. the first few days of that 28 days the better.

so in my opinion, i would take the chance in appearing in person pay what i have to pay and get over it.
    IF they tell me they cant give it to me asap, one CAN complain about it as you paid an extra 200 quid. show them the rules they set about paying extra charges. im definitely printing it out just incase.
    The only thing that would stop me from complaining is, if they have a valid reason on why they cant give my visa the same day. (ie. lack of documents etc )

yep 7-8 months. theres a forum somewhere all about ILR applicants..
    and they have put up a list of 2008 applicants on when they sent their application and when they recieved it.. most of them took months.,.. the worst ones 7-8 months.

note: these are applicants from all over the world not just filipinos.

Wish I can but I am working and 25 weeks pregnant and with 11 months old baby plus I live far from where you have to apply in person. So its not easy as you said.

Well, they clearly stated that in the guide notes form 14 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by alicat View Post
    i got mine exactly 25 days.
    wow lucky you congrats

Respected Member
    it is ones responsibility to apply 28 days before the expiry date. the first few days of that 28 days the better.
    Some people do not have that option. Anyone who came to the UK on a spouse visa 2 years ago will not be able to apply 28 days prior to their visa expiring. Exactly when they would be able to apply would depend on how long after their visa was issued did they travel.

so in my opinion, i would take the chance in appearing in person pay what i have to pay and get over it.
    IF they tell me they cant give it to me asap, one CAN complain about it as you paid an extra 200 quid. show them the rules they set about paying extra charges. im definitely printing it out just incase.
    The only thing that would stop me from complaining is, if they have a valid reason on why they cant give my visa the same day. (ie. lack of documents etc )
    I'm not saying you won't get it the same day, but they don't commit to a same day service for 100% of premium applications, and they can just use the excuse that they need to make further enquries.

have anyone here heard of people who got denied for their ILR visa? and why they got denied?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information