Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    maximum of 4 wives
    but my bf doesn't believe in having more than 1 because he said those muslims are not respected.

thanks for ur positive outlook

im seeing some notions about muslims in him lately..like muslims being bossy...they tend to make their wives follow them.

reading stories in the net about catholic-muslim relationships makes it more harder.

its really hard. i dont want to think negatively about the relationship, but at the same time , i dont want to get hurt in the long run also.

hope to hear more comments about this topic

thanks

Two things:

Stop posting in BOLD PURPLE it's annoying....

....and get yourself a decent guy...this one sounds like an arrogant plonker (nothing to do with religeon)....and we haven't even met him.......Continuation = Miserable life. I promise ya
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

I think your local bishop or priest might have something to say about you marrying a Muslim or Protestant etc in a Catholic church..It depends on the individual church policy etc..
    It might have to be a registry office ...Worth enquiring locally..
    Perhaps a "donation" to the padre in question can help answer this question in a positive light??

...they tend to make their wives follow them.
    Before the war Muslim women had always to walk 5 steps behind her husband.
    After the war however they were ordered to walk 5 steps in front.
    Something or other to do with undiscovered land mines..

hmmm my wife wanted a catholic church wedding, she told me i would have to be baptised ! . hmm me and churches dont mix, anyway, my faith in not having a religon was stronger than her faith in being a catholic so we had a civil wedding, married by a judge

everyone was happy
    and now she wants our son to be brainwashed, oh i mean baptised

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    ......so we had a civil wedding, married by a judge
    Nice of the prison to allow you to marry eh? Caught with yer fingers in the till again?

london well away from those people up norf
    he told me he s preparing papers for me to go there before he comes here. he just asked about my whole name, date of birth and address. he doesn't want to tell me the whole story. he just said that the "solicitor" will come this week and he wil inform at the end of the week what happened.

hang on that sounds incredibley dodgy something does not sound quite right here.

just be real careful if he can travel to pakistan why can't he travel to phill?

If he can afford a solictor to "arrange it" its not due to lack of money thats for sure..

Its not easy to get a vistor visa for someone certainly not just with their name, dob and address.

What do others think am i getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Yes, Andy for it looks like he's a crook man.Maybe a member of some scumbag organization. What can I say is that don't trust him completely or if you know the saing that says "Trust no One" Do some detective works. Don't get carried away of his smooth talking and sweet talk.Mostly hustler is like that very convencing to attract a victims. For God's sake find a decent or a very reliable person not a muslim guy. You're not so desperate and you are still young.Don't be naive, don't let your heart govern your brain.Be wise and sensible girl.
    Regards,

Ping

ettenom... i found you also confused about your own man...your man is not an irish he is a pakistani it just happen he has a business in ireland as what you said
    and you sounded like you are not even sure if you love him if he loves you everything between you are still plans and none of yet is happening. do you send letter on him through post or does he?they are complicated and i know much of there culture....but generally they always follow their religion not anybodys religion...if you two got married obviously you have to live in pakistan not in ireland or if he is already a citizen possibly...if you become his wife you have to wear their muslim attire and culture which i dont think you will ever gonna like it...based on how you tell your story i dont feel much good about it...not being judgemental....you have a very high hope for this man and a bit blinded by your feelings on him and how convinced you telling things about him but he doesnt seem doing much of what hes been saying...
    you have to think of yourself your future you being with him all the possible conflicts between you religiously and by culture....its rare for a muslim not to marry the same kind....or if they do they will strongly want you to be one of them...and embrace their beliefs...so if you are ready about everything for this guy then and you believe in him then you are going to be together sometime be patient and we will wait for you to ask about applying for a settlement visa..... its seems everyone is giving a hearty advice on here for ya
    Filipina a born survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Nice of the prison to allow you to marry eh? Caught with yer fingers in the till again?
    yes, the prison allowed her out for the day but its the open prison on Palawan, where they dont need fences, guards or walls, its suppose to be better than some hotels ive been to, or maybe they were open prisons , the prisoners dont want to leave..

yes the judge was a laugh, telling jokes, said she would rush, as she was hungry,

most of the guests were MAN UTD fans, don't recall anyone admitting to being a LIVERPOOL FAN

get him to come to you, thats what i did and most if not all did on here, they went to the philippines to meet their gal, they dont expect a gal to come on her own to a strange country, and it would be easier for him to come to you than you to get to him.

from your messages i can see your worried about going over there, if he respects you he will understand and see you, if he dont he's not worth it.

as for being muslim my wife told me, her cousin married a muslim, and he slowly put pressure on her, she changed her religion in the end, and married as a muslim..

iam not anti-muslim, just dont agree how they treat women

good luck lady with what ever you do

thanks for all your messages. really appreciate all of ur advices.

first of all, its a bit clearer now. all i need to do is to wait for him to come here..if he will, then all my qstns will be answered..and dont u worry, i will inform u what happens next..if i will be asking about papers i need to submit..or will post something about muslim against catholic

one of the things that bothers me now is how to tell my mom about him being muslim.i know it will be hard to convince them because my whole family is catholic, and primarily, most filipinos hate muslims in general. and i know its wrong to start a relationship with a lie..so sooner or later, i must inform my mom about his religion..i just hope they will understand my situation.

JOEBLOGGS, why did u say u dont like how muslims treat women? do u know someone who had bitten his wife????? hope to hear from ur story. thanks

my bf lives in ireland since he was 18, and now he is 34 alrdy. he owns a house there, have it rented, and is paying for his new haus in dublin.

what do u think about him asking my whole name, dob and address? is it possibly not for the papers? and what is that "solicitor" thingy..is he a person who works for someone's papers? veven last yr, he was asking me to come with him. he knows someone who can "petition" [cannot think of the right term no..sorry]

hope u can make more comments.

thanks

hi, i work with 2 muslim libyans, they have british and libyan passports, as their mother is english. the older one is so arrogant, i have not spoken to him for more than a year, his brother is not as bad thou

well as i've said in past msgs, he told me when he gets home from work his wife will wash his feet, she will stay at home all day, cooking, cleaning, etc, basically not have a life or a bit of a life of her own, as what he says she does.

well he's been married a year now, and his wife has given birth, in libya they dont have girlfriends. its the arranged marriage over there,

his mother found a girl, that she liked, and her brothers meet him to check him out. her son and the girl meet each other 2 times for 1 hour each time in a tent in the desert (no iam not joking), after that he said, do you want to spend your life with me, and she must have said yes, maybe she wanted to, or pressure from her family made her, but just knowing someone for 2 hours is not a good start to a relationship, nevermind a marriage, so if anyone says how can you want to marry someone you have never meet face to face, then at least you have known him for many months. not 2 hours.(i've been there, crazy as it sounds, but at least i knew my wife for years b4 we wed).

he had to give her family, i think it was about £800, lol, and i thought slave trade was over, mind you there is a rise of eastern europeans women being tricked here and sold, then forced into prostitution by mostly gangs from new EEC countries.

i was sad to see his english mother, arrange this marriage, as i pitty the girl that she found to marry her son, and would she go along with this if it was her daughter?? at least her younger son is more of a decent person, and final twist, its being arranged that his younger brother will marry her sister, talk about keeping it in the family..

i have a step daughter and i don't understand how in this day and age that this is still accepted and continues, living in the 21st century not dark ages..

Quote Originally Posted by ettennom View Post

first of all, its a bit clearer now. all i need to do is to wait for him to come here..if he will, then all my qstns will be answered..and dont u worry, i will inform u what happens next..if i will be asking about papers i need to submit..or will post something about muslim against catholic

one of the things that bothers me now is how to tell my mom about him being muslim.i know it will be hard to convince them because my whole family is catholic, and primarily, most filipinos hate muslims in general. and i know its wrong to start a relationship with a lie..so sooner or later, i must inform my mom about his religion..i just hope they will understand my situation.

JOEBLOGGS, why did u say u dont like how muslims treat women? do u know someone who had bitten his wife????? hope to hear from ur story. thanks

my bf lives in ireland since he was 18, and now he is 34 alrdy. he owns a house there, have it rented, and is paying for his new haus in dublin.

what do u think about him asking my whole name, dob and address? is it possibly not for the papers? and what is that "solicitor" thingy..is he a person who works for someone's papers? veven last yr, he was asking me to come with him. he knows someone who can "petition" [cannot think of the right term no..sorry]

thanks
    Im not to well up on Irish visa laws but im sure you can not get a visa for somebody with such basic details. I would have thought they are very simliar to uk and other european laws.

There is such thing as identiy fraud so do not give out to much information on the net or even to people you do not know too well once you have met them. Be careful please.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick and i will be the first to apoligize to you.

thanks to all your replies...

hope to hear from you soon..like if u meet or know a relationship like mine.

hope to hear from soon

take care and

god bless

damn its not as cheap as you think! thanks for the info

Banned
    you all forgot the most important things to consider before choosing your lovely.
    Especially if you intend to live in the Philippines.

Look at the teeth, dental work is expensive
    make sure there are no incurable or infectious diseases, or chronic conditions
    find out how many brothers and sisters they have, if you live near, you will be supporting them too.
    If you live in country, live far enough so that the relatives don't move in with you, (they will) or come ask for money (they will)
    cell phones are an infectious disease here, not an electronic device. They can and will do things that you can't imagine in the hands of a Filipina.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nora View Post
    Your girl is so lucky to have a monthly allowance for her mobile, hair, nails, etc. I don't get any not even to pay for my internet (which is not really much) I'm just wondering how come he does not give me any while all the other girls are having this previlege. I really need some insights on this matter and even on other matters and I don't have any British/English friends so I dont know for sure how it works there or how your culture is regarding this matter. I do have other concerns too, I dont want to marry with so many questions in mind about my fiancee. Is it possible to ask for your email ad, so that I can tell you my other concerns too. I really need help here. Thank you.
    Hi Nora,

I just read your post,Yes your quite right that some people here are so lucky to their husband or boy friend when they supporting/giving money to them maybe they earn highly income than any other here so they can offer or give money to support you... but for those who only earn a minimum or lower cannot offer any amount even they wanted to and even they love you... or maybe for some reason he might not want you to be too much expecting too much money from him.Leaving in the UK is so expensive. Every thing is always you have to pay insurance, taxes etc. etc.He might now starting saving for both of you and your future like visa application, wedding etc. Honestly it's not cheap it's so bloody expensive as it's gone up again. And sometimes british waiting for you to ask but you won't do that because he might think you only after his money.Why not you try to be honest to explain to him about what you feel I think he will understand you.And once you are here you will understand why there are so many british are kuripot.

If I were you you should not compare yourself to anybody as it cannot help to your relationship it might be get worst. I think you must be honest to him and tell everything... british guy is good in sorting problems, they rather told to them asap and they will sorted it soon.Nora not all british/filipino couple are successful in their marriage some faces emotional problems/money matter etc.The best recipe of love is constant talking,respect, trust,understanding,honestand faithful.

There is also some filipina paid back of what their husband gives or supported her whilst she was in the Phillipines and when she come here to UK she then started to pay back his husband something like that.

Elsa ?? are you saying the British man is kuripot ? I can assure you I for one am not Kuripot and I have bank statements to prove it !!!

Miss Gina is LOL in the background here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    Elsa ?? are you saying the British man is kuripot ? I can assure you I for one am not Kuripot and I have bank statements to prove it !!!

Miss Gina is LOL in the background here

Oh.... sorry Pete Yeah I know your not Kuripot infact your extravagant which make Gina so lucky than others.... but I am so lucky too with my honey he he he

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ettennom View Post

thanks
    Joe is right.

If you continue with this relationship, you will lose every single bit of freedom that you have had in the past.
    Muslim wives are just there to serve the husbands.
    No rights at all for them. You will hadly ever be able to express your own opinion on anything, because you will have no chance to... I could go on, and on, but I better stop.

"He knows someone that can petiton you".....
    Sorry to be blunt, but I would suggest you drop him like a hot potato. Why can't he do it himself ???
    Something is wrong here. Be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by RHB View Post
    you all forgot the most important things to consider before choosing your lovely.
    Especially if you intend to live in the Philippines.

make sure there are no incurable or infectious diseases, or chronic conditions
    find out how many brothers and sisters they have, if you live near, you will be supporting them too.
    If you live in country, live far enough so that the relatives don't move in with you, (they will) or come ask for money (they will)
    cell phones are an infectious disease here, not an electronic device. They can and will do things that you can't imagine in the hands of a Filipina.
    Good practical advice there one lucky thing half the family seem to be either dentists or in the medical profession. So thankfully medical fees are kept to a minimum

We have so many if i could workout a way i would when the new medical centres come up for tendership in the UK. Try and set up a dental and medical centre made up of the extended family here in the Uk now Joe bloggs can we work out a way of doing this?

Seeing as Brit based GPs and dentists don't like nights or weekends i would have it so they have to do rolling shifts and the staff canteen only provides dried fish with vinegar

Quote Originally Posted by RHB View Post

you want to come to the uk, next time i goto the phils i'm getting a couple of teeth crowned, my misses tells me it will be made just as good as uk, but a lot cheaper, dentist wanted £250 for a gold coloured one (nhs), and £300+ for a white one EACH here..

nealry the cost of a return plane ticket to the phils

whats happening to the nhs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

whats happening to the nhs

What NHS...........???

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    What NHS...........???
    sorry your in wales you don't have to pay for prescriptions

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    What NHS...........???
    Because I couldn't get to see the physio 18 miles away the other week, she came to see me.....now that is service

You only hear of the minority complaining via the media, the majority of happy customers is not news.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Because I couldn't get to see the physio 18 miles away the other week, she came to see me.....now that is service

You only hear of the minority complaining via the media, the majority of happy customers is not news.
    impressed me

Never show to Filipina you're loaded, you will regret it.
    Actually, it's cost more than everyone think, how about their family in Philippines, you have to help them too.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi Pete,

Did you have another website that discusses Fil-Brit courtship, visa application, etc? Anyway, I'm a new member and I have been reading the threads on the process of getting the marriage visa. Would like to know though if it's updated or if the process is still the same since the thread dates back to 2004? My bf and I are discussing about relocation so I'm "researching". Thanks for your help!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information