Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) mr jon's Avatar

any advice will help

hi.what needs to be done and by who,i want to have my gf here for my sons wedding in 2010,she has a pasport some help i hope.i have been there 3 times in 2 years ,we are perfact togother. i dont know where to start,she would be here for about 3 weeks so its a holiday as well,thanks

Respected Member
    Assumng by then you are not planning to take your relationship to another level (marriage..), then your only option is for her to apply for a tourist visa with your support. I guess she would need to apply a couple of months or so in advance of when she wants to travel. There is no guarantees that the visa will be granted, though maybe supplying details of the wedding that she wishes to attend may help her application.

UNless you're getting married I think the only way is a tourist Visa. Details of the wedding - dates, locations etc will certainly help, as will proof that the trip can be afforded (your own and your gf's bank statements), and return tickets to Philippines (assuming thats where she is now?).
    Good luck, and congratulations to your son.

Hi Jon,
    If you have no intention of marrying her at this point then a tourist (Visitor) visa is your only option really. These visas are not very easy to get, but the chances of having one granted is far greater if your gf has a full time job in the Philippines, money in the bank in the Philippines, property in the Philippines or dependants (children) in the Philippines. Without any of these things, they usually make the assumption that she will have no real incentive to return to the Philippines when her visa expires and that she will overstay.

Iain.

hi there .i wish i was married already ,i would move there and not expect her to move ,she would miss all the family and friends. marrage will happen im sure ,nothing seams easy with the forms in phill,ana owns her house ,and 2 grown ups teens.but has no job. would it be better to try 4 a fiancee visa. thanks for your help

i thought i would start finding out a year in advance it seams the good thing too lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mr jon View Post
    would it be better to try 4 a fiancee visa. thanks for your help

yeah,i suggest,just supply all the necessary documents (proof of been together) keep reading the forum about fiancee visa,so go for it Jon,fiancee visa

if you are going to apply for a fiancee visa it means you need to get married within six months if not she needs to go back to Phils when her 6 months visa expired. I don't know what happened next though

Good luck.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesewiz View Post
    if you are going to apply for a fiancee visa it means you need to get married within six months if not she needs to go back to Phils when her 6 months visa expired. I don't know what happened next though

Good luck.
    Yes, only apply for a fiancee visa if you plan to get married within 6 months - don't try to use it a visit visa. Under certain circumstances it may be possible to extend the fiancee visa (if for example illness meant you had to postpone the wedding), but this is the exception rather than the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by mr jon View Post
    hi.what needs to be done and by who,i want to have my gf here for my sons wedding in 2010,she has a pasport some help i hope.i have been there 3 times in 2 years ,we are perfact togother. i dont know where to start,she would be here for about 3 weeks so its a holiday as well,thanks

fiancee visa ... is if ur planning to get married within 6 months validity of that visa.

if she's going to apply for a tourist visa , she needs proof thats she going back to the phils after the wedding or 3 weeks holiday with u in UK.

i don't know about u sponsoring the tourist visa and telling the UK embassy that she will attend ur son wedding. u might get lucky

so good luck and hope some people here can help u

Thread Information