Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Exclamation My wife has been called for an interview for her settlement visa in the UK.

Hi all,
    If anyone remembers I married my beautiful Filipina last April in 2008 in CDO, Philippines.
    After needing up to date bank statements and my getting the other required documents and information together for a second visa application because of problems and a time delay with the first, my wife has been told to attend for an interview in the second week of April.
    Is it somthing to worry over that she has been called for the interview?
    Ought I to try and be there with her?
    A problem with my going there is that as she has been working away from CDO for the past year she will be going home for a week or two before coming to the UK, I am happy with that and would like to be there with her and then travel back to the UK together, but I cannot stay there that long, and could also use the money on some household items like a double bed and other bedroom furniture.
    Also as I live on the Isle of Wight, and we do have Asian restaurants but cannot find a Filipino store so does anyone know of one in perhaps Portsmouth or Southampton?
    Thanks, Mick.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Here in Southampton there's the Chinatown shop in St. Mary's street....they have everything i need for my filipino and chinese cooking...there's also a filipino owned Perez' shop in Sherly...where she can buy filipino stuffs..even langgonisa....

Maria

Mick

You should not be overly worried about your wife being called in for a visa interview, the purposes generally of the visa interview is as you might have read to establish that your marriage is an ongoing subsisting marriage, and not a marriage of convenience for reasons of economic migration.

I suggest in the time you have got, you brief your wife on what she might expect, and explain to her, the reasons behind interviews, you can go to the Philippines if you wish and attend, however, your presence there for the money you spend will not amount to any useful purpose other than your wife telling the Entry Clearance Officer that my husband is waiting for me.

As you have said, spending that money on items required to co habit with your wife would be better served.

If you need help with your preparation for the visa interview, you can if you want ask your wife to navigate across to my site and read about visa interviews the type of format, and the likely questions that may be asked.

http://www.british-filipino.com

Then look for the Interview questions page, their is also some useful information on how Entry Clearance Officers work, what questions they might ask, and how an applicant might respond.

Bad preparation and bad support by UK Sponsor's is often the cause of refusal to issue a spouse visa, the applicant must present as genuine, she may do this by being honest and informed about her marriage to the sponsor.

You would need to impress upon your wife her duty to present well in front of the ECO and to answer well when asked questions regarding her relationship with you, also if you have family, I suggest your ensure your wife knows who your family are, what are their names, and something about them.

I also suggest you ensure, that your wife knows lots about you, your dislikes and likes, what sort of man you are, whilst these questions do not always form part of an interview, they are very often what we call fishing questions to see if the applicant really does know the sponsor.

And of course, it helps to give the ECO some evidence of a subsisting marriage so that a positive decison can be made.

In itself, I would not worry too much about visa interviews, its likely that some people will be called forward to attend, some may not, however in your case, your one of those whose wife has been picked out to attend.

With regard to Filipino Food issues, that can be sorted out on arrival, your main concern is ensuring your wife is well prepared for her visa interview, thats your main priority, and I wish you well with it.

Remember, there are no bad applicants, only badly advised applicants !

Best of Luck.

Goodluck to your wife's interview Mick. Im sure everything will be ok.
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Hi there,
    a few weeks ago there was athread by a member actually recounting the questions she was asked. I think it was in the Immigration section but cannot remember

I suggest you just stay here in the UK and follow Peters advice.

good luck
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Goodluck on ur wife's visa interview Mick..I am sure she will gonna make it..

hi mick goodluck for ur wife interview dont worry she will be fine

Good Luck Mick.
    Iain.

Banned
    Recently there is a member here just call for interview,and she made it,so dont worry about your wife,she'll be okay,
    Good luck to her

goodluck tell to your wife be confidence and relax
    all things are possible!

All the best mate!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Respected Member
    Goodluck to the interview

And my congatulations in advance
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Goodluck and all the best!!!
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    .............questions regarding her relationship with you, also if you have family, I suggest your ensure your wife knows who your family are, what are their names, and something about them.

I also suggest you ensure, that your wife knows lots about you, your dislikes and likes, what sort of man you are.........
    One lady ("Princess" on this forum) was asked "what is his favourite colour?"

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    One lady ("Princess" on this forum) was asked "what is his favourite colour?"
    green should be every pinoys fav colour

'I've got a pocket full of pretty green
    I'm gonna put it in the fruit machine ' -

that cheeky city supporting liam gallagher has justed started a clothing range called pretty green

Thumbs up From Mick Cant about my wifes visa interview.

Hello again all,
    Thank you Pete the Forum Moderator for the link to your website and the very useful information in it, I have noted the points and spoke to my wife on them and sent her the link so she can go through it at her convenience, then we will speak about her interview again before it to plan as much as possible, she does know that being honest and not quoting the website are important.
    Thank you also to everyone for your good words of encouragement,
    Mick.

She will be fine Mick! All the Best!!!

Thread Information