Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting in Vain

Waiting in Vain

Iam still waiting after more than 14 weeks for the NVQ student visa, lodged last December 22, 2008. I don't know what is going on after more than 60 working days, they should actually place something on their website or not email applicants of expected time frame if they cannot finish the work on said dates. Waiting in agony, and you cannot even do something or move on while waiting, I understand they are working hard, but I wish they could do something about it, and fast.

Anyone here still waiting more than Iam?

sorry to hear that wish u will ur visa soon goodluck and just pray

Oh dear thats really long i can imagine how you feel Hope they would hear you and hear from them soon. Goodluck
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

thanks, am praying always but, am only human, I just wish they have something in their website to update all applicants like telling or announcing on the web which dates, they are processing, its really hard waiting and waiting...keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best, thanks anyways, the heat in Manila is starting to fire up my patience as well....

same old, same old, just tracked my application minutes ago, same old status, forwarded to the british high commisiion, going on 15 weeks on monday, i dunno when to expect it..the waiting has to end soon......

according to one of my friends, currently the nvq visa being processed is the first week of december...whaat! i think this is unfair, granting they have a lot of applicants, they should work fast and not give false hopes. according to their website, they are working on each application for 30-to 60 WORKING DAYS, which is truly contradicting, they should have not given any time frame to let their applicants expect, My application is on its 15th week, and 67 working days have passed. If they are still working on first week applcants, it may mean that I may wait for another month!
    This is starting to annoy me, I know I should wait but they are not true to their words, they should just not put there time frames on their website, it never happens, not on nvq applicants that is!

Banned
    You cant do anything but wait,cant you ??

Respected Member katie37pinayuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dyannesky View Post
    according to one of my friends, currently the nvq visa being processed is the first week of december...whaat! i think this is unfair, granting they have a lot of applicants, they should work fast and not give false hopes. according to their website, they are working on each application for 30-to 60 WORKING DAYS, which is truly contradicting, they should have not given any time frame to let their applicants expect, My application is on its 15th week, and 67 working days have passed. If they are still working on first week applcants, it may mean that I may wait for another month!
    This is starting to annoy me, I know I should wait but they are not true to their words, they should just not put there time frames on their website, it never happens, not on nvq applicants that is!
    it is happenning now. my friend who is already in the uk and renewing her student visa (she is also taking nvq and is on placement and have a nursing background in the Philippines) had waited for 16 weeks before the Home Office started on her application. she is working with me and the HO contacted the workplace for the hours she have had work for the last 3 months...no result yet and not sure for how long she still have to wait. but goodluck you'll never know and it is a case to case basis. just be patient, hope things go well.

dyan... any updates?!

Quote Originally Posted by INIAIRIDI View Post
    dyan... any updates?!
    no result yet of my visa application, how abt u??? i believe they are processing the 2nd week of december still...let us just wait and pray for all results to be good...patience !!!

hi dyan, still waiting......huhuhu
    hope all is well..my brother is playing online all the the time...can't make singit eh....
    take care...

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi, I been following this forum, from the start, i lodged my student visa application last december 15, 2008, for the long wait of waiting at last! I received just today saying my visa processed and return to courier... what does this mean??? Am so nervous:

Quote Originally Posted by yeels_mtek07 View Post
    Hi, I been following this forum, from the start, i lodged my student visa application last december 15, 2008, for the long wait of waiting at last! I received just today saying my visa processed and return to courier... what does this mean??? Am so nervous:
    It means you have a result which is now on it's way to you. What the result is you won't know until you open the package and check the pages of your passport to see if there is a visa slip there or not.
    Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by yeels_mtek07 View Post
    Hope its a positive result...

ive lodged my application lst feb5, still no results yet. dyanne, u have no results yet after so many months. dec 22 still nothing? last time i check when i went in axa building last feb5, ive seen that they are processing the papers of december (it is posted inside their office). so after 2 to 3months, still you haven't got your result considering that last february they are processing decmeber applicants.

can i get a new passport in dfa? coz i am taking my nclex, but my passort is in UK. so what can i do? please help. my expiration of my nclex is this june. i'm worried of the situation of dyanne lodged at dec 22 still no reply from the embassy. so how about me, feb 5? i feared that when my nclex ATT will expired because my passport still in UK. o what can i do? i have to do a duplicate copy of my passport in dfa? is that allowable? maybe not. if i said lost, maybe my old passport will be rendered useless, and my UK visa if given will be useless also, if the results has arrived. haaaaaaaay.

You need to ask the embassy about your situation.
    Did you apply for NVQ course, coz the embassy is having problems on NVQ student visa due to backlog...am still not getting any result, a while ago a friend told me that currently the UK embassy is processing dec 9 2008 documents, and if you can see on the thread here, one person is set to recieve the result lodged dec 15,2008...so it means they are processing documents for last december currently.
    The current wait time for NVQ student visa is around 80 to 100 days, so brace yourself.

I know, the wait is too long, even if it seems unfair we have to bear with it...

thank you dyanne. i called the call center provided by vfs, they told me, i can call the embassy about the delay or email them. also i can explain if i can borrow my passport for a while, then give it back (the call center agent said to me i can borrow it if it's urgent). if i do that, will it affect my eligibility for a visa. maybe they will take it in a wrong way. what do you think? I'm NVQ. They'll think i'm being impatient if i called them up or email them. or they'll think that i'm taking a priority over it. something like that. it is my 57th working day already, still no result. how about you, how many days?

I dont think it will affect your application especially if you really need your passport for your nclex...the fact that they gave you that suggestion is not trouble at all, don't be afraid to ask questions or email them for inquiries, it is your right to clear things and to not have trouble on both ways....I still have no result up to today, and I had my application forwarded to the British Embassy since Dec 22, 2008..
    Good luck

thanks again! u said that u have email them before. right? and it took 2 weeks for them to answer.? what's their reply to you, if it's not so private at all. what did you write to them just about the status of your application.?

Quote Originally Posted by jvsg_08 View Post
    thanks again! u said that u have email them before. right? and it took 2 weeks for them to answer.? what's their reply to you, if it's not so private at all. what did you write to them just about the status of your application.?
    hello, the email is to ask bout the documents of my parents since at that time we need to renew the business permits and the DTI, and tax, if there is a way that I can get their certification that the orig docs are in their care,they emailed me that I need to contact or go to VFS first and then a week after they called telling me that if I need the docs, I can get it at UK embassy, and that wont affect my application, however we already took care of those things coz it took a while for them to reply so it was not needed at all, I mean I told them that I wont get the documents anymore.

im also still waiting dyan... (-_-).. i lodged my doc. last jan.7 2008 but still waiting for a good result...

GodBless
    our Applications.. ^_^

im also still waiting dyan... (-_-).. i lodged my doc. last jan.7 2008 but still waiting for a good result...

GodBless
    our Applications.. ^_^
    Goodluck, hope our results are soon as we can imagine

GodBless
    our Applications.. ^_^
    ei, still no result @INIAIRIDI? Me too, looks like we need to wait another week more, I don't mind the waiting but hopefully it will be positive....Prayers to all, patience as well.

Good ~ Luck !

God will make a way~just believe!

fharaa
    hiya! im sure u'll get it! i got my flr yesterday after 4 weeks of waiting!... huray!

Quote Originally Posted by fharaa View Post
    hiya! im sure u'll get it! i got my flr yesterday after 4 weeks of waiting!... huray!
    Congratulations to you, as for us, we need to continue praying and waiting student visa is taking so looooong to be processed!

God Bless

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dyannesky View Post
    Congratulations to you, as for us, we need to continue praying and waiting student visa is taking so looooong to be processed!

God Bless
    How long you been waiting......?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    How long you been waiting......?
    Been waiting since last year, dec 22...and its almost 100 working days...so that is sooooo long considering it's a non settlement student visa, i needed to move my schedule at school 3 times already.....

according to them, it's still forwarded to British Higher Commission...

So help me God! ;(

Can't do anything but to wait I know, but sometimes, it just hits you.....

Banned
    137 days now ,nearly 5 months now...why dont u give a try to call them or email them...you should know the result by now,hoping hindi natabunan documents mo,shocking...!

Banned
    Dont call VFS,call the british embassy.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information