Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Daughters Settlement Visa Application - after the interview

hello,
    my 15 yr.old daughter has applied for a settlement visa along with a family visit visa for my sister (her guardian in the Phils. - to be her adult travelling companion) and her 6 yr. old daughter.

they had submitted the application last february and got called for an interview last week, my daughter had a tough time with the interview, i felt like she was a bit traumatized, we did everything in the application, we told no lies and submitted all the supporting documents as possibly as we could.

It really breaks my heart that i was not there to attend the interview with her because me and my british husband has been working and saving every penny, in case, their visas will be approved for their plane tickets and money to be spend when they're here.

my daughter and sister, is in the same interview room but it is only my daughter who got asked almost all of the questions and my sister was asked just more or less 2 questions and she was there listening and was not allowed to speak when not asked, after the interview, we got a feeling that it will not be a positive result and now prepapring ourselves for the worse.

please, is there any advice or tips that you can give us, especially the procedures of how to make an appeal, just in case.

Thank you all so much.
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Banned
    All i know after the interview they will give the decision if it is refuse or granted on the same day ,so what happen now?

Oh dear as you said she was traumatized with the interview its not a pleasant experience for her. Hope she is alright now.

Hope and pray everything went fine with the decision
    please keep up posted. thanks
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

at least your sister was with her, i've heard about a case where 2 young thai boys, both less than 8 were interviewed alone without an adult, which is against immigration policy and both were refused

i don't think your daughter will be refused, i dont know your details, but not many are refused.

your daughter was asked most of the questions because she is applying for a settlement visa while your sister is not.

my stepson got called for an interview but he 17yrs old, and i dont think he had a difficult time.

how long have you been in the uk, do you send her money, where is her father, does she still have contact with him??

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    at least your sister was with her, i've heard about a case where 2 young thai boys, both less than 8 were interviewed alone without an adult, which is against immigration policy and both were refused

i don't think your daughter will be refused, i dont know your details, but not many are refused.

your daughter was asked most of the questions because she is applying for a settlement visa while your sister is not.

my stepson got called for an interview but he 17yrs old, and i dont think he had a difficult time.

how long have you been in the uk, do you send her money, where is her father, does she still have contact with him??
    Thank you for the reply guys...

I have been in the UK for more than 2 yrs. and have got my ILR last year, me and my husband has been sending money every month, the father, who has a family of his own as well, is in the Philippines and living just more or less 30 minutes away from my daughter, they have communication but not that much, they see each other occasionally but he had never given any financial support since we separated 12 years ago, he's quite supportive with the application providing letter to the embassy as well.

I wish and pray that our application will be approved, I can bear whatever decisions they will give, coz i believe that we can appeal but It will kill me to see and hear my daughter cries and heartbroken coz she's really looking forward that we can be together here.

"Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

i think your daughter will get her visa, if not appeal to the British embassy, maybe the ECO manger will overturn the refusal, if not then it will got to AIT.

like i said, you shouldn't have a problem, so stop worrying

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i think your daughter will get her visa, if not appeal to the British embassy, maybe the ECO manger will overturn the refusal, if not then it will got to AIT.

like i said, you shouldn't have a problem, so stop worrying
    Thank you so much...

hi JBT,

Goodluck on ur daughter's visa..I hope and pray she will get it..

hi jbt dont worry just pray and think positive goodluck for ur dougther visa.

thank you sis ann, mrs.major, sis kimmi, sis nids and the ever helpful joebloggs...

counting every minute of the day

Thread Information