Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

3 kinds of face reaction when you saw pinoy in the UK

1 ) She had a very welcoming and friendly smile..... I met her at lowestoft (ASDA) i can feel her she missed her kababayan so much, i didnt notice her its just hubby ask me to look at her cause shes looking at me,

2) Other one is, she think of herself she is the maid of the family cause she is on the corner and the mother in law and husband are picking some stuff,when i smile to her she gone for a distance and look to mom in law and her hubby that look like once they saw her shes talking to same race ,she might have some scolding

3) wala lang parang walang nakita means....those are the people hubby said "she is half a mile up on her own ass"

they'll just ignore you so I ignore them back

thanks for the info mrs jm

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    1 ) She had a very welcoming and friendly smile..... I met her at lowestoft (ASDA) i can feel her she missed her kababayan so much, i didnt notice her its just hubby ask me to look at her cause shes looking at me,
    2) Other one is, she think of herself she is the maid of the family cause she is on the corner and the mother in law and husband are picking some stuff,when i smile to her she gone for a distance and look to mom in law and her hubby that look like once they saw her shes talking to same race ,she might have some scolding
    3) wala lang parang walang nakita means....those are the people hubby said "she is half a mile up on her own ass"
    To add:
    4) She can be snobbish if she sees you with your Brit husband... Hmp, nakapunta ka lang here sa UK dahil sa kanya, ako sariling kayod... lol (You are here only because your Brit husband brought you to this place, but I was here because of my profession...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay&Zobel View Post
    To add:
    4) She can be snobbish if she sees you with your Brit husband... Hmp, nakapunta ka lang here sa UK dahil sa kanya, ako sariling kayod... lol (You are here only because your Brit husband brought you to this place, but I was here because of my profession...
    Experience quite a lot of that

Just ignore and laugh at them
    It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good to check up once in a while to make sure you haven't lost the things that money can't buy.

Respected Member
    yeah true they are snobbish.. we went to freeport the other day and we've seen few filipinos. only one filipino who said hi to me when i smiled at him. i think filipinos are ok but filipinas they won't even smile you back.

but just this afternoon i saw a young filipina who smiled at me and said hello. well, i said hello. but didn't have time to chat coz i wasn't expecting it and we're both walking in different way.

Banned
    I like the puzzled faces when I see Pinoys blokes and say to Them.....

"Hi Joe".......

Banned
    To add:

Likewise She/He cant come here unless she got her profession,try to do all the hard things we done,including dumaan sa butas ng karayom (we went through the hole of the needle) when we sort all the documents for the ECO huh !

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

"Hi Joe".......

you beat 'em

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post

"Hi Joe".......
    Love it; I must try that one!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

There are many reasons why some filipinas are snobbish. Some just want to mind her own business, some had experienced bad abt fellow filipinas, some are arrogant etc. Whatever it is then give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have told my husband abt my bad experiences but i also told her the good traits of filipinas. He said he understands. It can be found in any person of any nationality not just filipinas.

" The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Good and bad, nice not nice are found in all people, races, nationalities, whatever.
    I find the best and wisest people don't judge others....
    JOHN and VANESSA

Definitely right Sconnie we don't have to judge others.

(Baka naman namatayan or may problema or meron may sakit sa pamilya kaya parang tulala or walang nakita.)

Probably she's mourning over the loss of someone she loved or has problems or a member of her family is sick hence she seems she didn't see you at all....

When i first came here i was surprised of these filipina traits and got mad also but after awhile i met some of them and listened to their predicaments.
    Now i know why......
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

My Gin Gin and I are reading the initial post plus all the answers, its so funny is it not my friends and kababayans, we have also experienced this, In Hong Kong, we said hello to some of the ladies there at the noodle bar, they did not reply, nor did they offer any greeting, they just stared at my Gin Gin.

I think its because I am big white man, maybe they thought hmmm she just use her..charms ????? to get to farang land !

Then we met 2 nice Filipina on the water front in Kowloon, and they ask Gin Gin where she is from, and she said..Bacolod City, then they were from Ilo Ilo City, same dialect and same area, so they chatted and smiles and all friendly.

Then we met one in Colchester, they said ahhh we work here ! we are Nurses, and my Gin Gin said, yes me too, I work here too, I am in a School, I am a science technician, then they were shocked, because you see girls, you wives of British men, do not have jobs, you cannot get jobs, because you only came here, with foreigner man and use your charms, but you never had to work, in your life, because mana from heaven fall into your plate.

Then there is the snobbish types, is it Suplada, they think they have hit the big time here in London or rest of UK, and they let you know about it, my Gin Gin laughs at them, saying, "They just want to be seen", we saw one like that at the Manila Supermarket, she was making it so obvious she wished to be seen by all in attendance.

I was LOL at my car, because...she is so obvious, then she got a parking ticket for leaving her car on double yellow lines....that was even funnier to see !

The wives at this forum should not worry, they should just laugh at them, and be thankful for your charms...cos according to those ones, you used your charms to get here....I think they mean something else, (which is quite rude I think) but I am a gentleman and cannot write it in this post.

Banned
    To add:
    Do I b****y care? I don't want to give a damn to those people who have this kind of attitude as long as I am not asking my daily needs to them. I have few nurses friends here in the UK but they dont have this snobbish attitude.

I also have friends( filipina nurses) and they are very nice and friendly. I was invited to a dinner and everyone had brought filipino food. They are earning well but humble so not all filipinas who arrived here on working visas are arrogant......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post

On our way going to Aviemore last week, we had a stop over at Fiscally Loch, I met a filipino couple from Davao, They were nice, malayo pa nakangiti na, The man works as Chef in a hotel while her wife is a math teacher. They have free accommodation, electric, water.

One time, I met some nurses and they snobbed me if they were thinking I came here just because I married a british, well they were wrong. I just kept silent. When I was still in the Philippines, some of my ccustomers asked, "kaya ba may shop ka dahil may asawa kang puti? kaya ba may house ka ibinili ka nya? (Is is because of your hubby that's why you have shop, and house?) I just replied, It's from all my hard earned money!!!

It seems to me the whole thing is amusing, for one thing, if you are a British Citizen by birth, and can trace your family back many years, as I did, you are quite amused by foreigners who come here and start pontificating about who should be here.

There seems to me to be some sort of social ladder among Filipino's about how you came to UK, if your a wife, your on the low rungs of the ladder, if you are a profession on a work visa, you seem to be at the top rungs of the ladder.

In 1939 my Grandfather was given a battle field commission to Captain at the time he was a Warrant Officer in 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards, something of which I am so proud of, he was later killed in action leading his men into action, I have photos of him on parade with his battalion at Caterham Surrey, in 1930 some 79 years ago, I also treasure that my Father gave me his Passport, which clearly shows -

"British SUBJECT - Citizen of the British Empire - her Colonies and territories"

In the old days, back before 1982 and the British nationality Act, which is brought in, because marriage was being abused by the influx of immigrants, if you married a foreign girl she did not have to apply for Entry to the UK, nor did she have to apply for nationality.

These are only recent laws that were passed to control the influx of foreign spouses, we used to believe back then, that if you married a foreign girl, she automatically is your wife and henceforth would be a British Citizen without any applications questions or hoops and hurdles, times have changed and for good reasons.

As far as I am concerned, if you marry a Filipina, regardless of whether she has to apply to have what is rightfully hers, by tradition and history, she should be considered British by marriage - the paperwork and the hoops and hurdles are a social construct of successive governments - it has to be done - but the principle remains.

Those who come to work in our country because they are granted work permits are come here because they choose to do so for reasons of economic migration, if they are lucky enough to fill a post which is in short supply in our own country, then they are given that opportunity, which is seldom available in other countries.

The Policy of our government was one of managed economic migration to fill those jobs that could not be filled by our own citizens, those who are granted work permits, have the right after five years within the UK to apply for citizenship, this is a priivilidge granted to them, which may change in the future.

There are those that believe and I am one of them, and there are others that agree with me, that these ones, should not be given British Citizenship, and the right to have the protection of the British Government and to carry a British travel document.

Regardless of the fact that they have worked for five years, that it is the reason they came to work, not to settle, nor to exchange loyalties between countries, nor were they given work permits to come to our country and comment about the status and validity of their own countrymen who are here as citizens by marriage.

There social discrimination and their rather peculiar social ladder protestations are of no consequence, and the majority of Filipino's are kind and generous and friendly there will always be the odd ones, who have some sort of inferiority complex, about their own status in life, and reasons for being here.

Maybe there is some resentment perhaps of a young Filipina who may be 20 years old or less who comes to this country, and they might say, "She has not graduated" she does not have any skills, she has not worked, what right is she to be here, they might surmise that she is not educated, why should she have a quick ticket here, when we work, we graduated, we have profession, we are professional, and then look at them, they get to have a house of their own, they are supported and do not have to work.

We on the other hand, have to work long hours, day and night to make it in life, you can see how these ones might be resentful, but one has to say, that is life, thats how it is, and they often make pronouncements, about things they know little about.

Looking over the fence at others, is a cause of envy, envy makes people say and do things they really ought not, there have been Filipina's who have married millionaires, here in UK, I heard of one who has married a German Prince, what will they say about her, its life !

Some get lucky, some don't, whatever we have in life, there is one sure thing that will protect all of us, and those ones from being envious, your own dignity and self respect, and I refer all readers to the people of the North Manila Cemetery who for all of their hardships, they get on with their lives and maintain their self respect and dignity in all adversities.

I think that just about sums it up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post

I think that just about sums it up.
    As usual Peter's input is always straight to the point, well thought and delivered.

If you went into politics, I would vote for you.

Yes GinapeterB had said it all. Well said.

Cheers

well even here in philippines most pilipina or pinoy see u with white they think bad on us married with white,but i don t care to them as long i know that i love my husband not becouse he is white.

Banned
    Nice.....wake up look for this thread nd this is what we call open forum,thanks everyone for all your opinion,especially Mod Ginapeterb,

Good to know everyone has contributed their ideas. This is what the forum should be like. We don't make it personal if some people have pointed out on something which is the opposite of what we may have thought of.

Cheers to everyone!

Whilst writing on this subject, I would like to tell all of you about a lovely kind gentleman who I had the honor to meet recently, only last week, I called on a Mr Ted Gilkes one of our war veteran's from the 2nd world war.

I was visiting him as a prospective client in my business, and during the initial chat, I found we got on very well, it all started when he said to me "my goodness, your a big boy ? which regiment were you in ?"

I laughed at the time, and said, Sir 2nd battalion Coldstream Guards, and he laughed and said, I knew it... ( I later went on to tell him, that I did join up, but ended up on a different path to the one I intended.)

Actually I was not 2nd Battalion Coldstream Guards as I never did follow my Grandfather, rather, my Father wanted me to serve in the Royal Signals as he did shortly after the Occupation of Germany.

I started my career as a boy apprentice and served with 19 Air Mobile Brigade, not so colourful as Household Division of Guards, but the spirit was there.

Mr Gilkes went on to show me his amazing collection of Gongs as he called them, Gongs is short for those who are not sure what that is, for Campaign service medals, awarded to those who distinguished themselves in various wars our country has fought in.

Mr Gilkes who is 85 years old, certainly can tell you some stories, he told me about the time, they were surrounded in Belgium, by invading German Army, and how the French and Belgians, retreated and left our boys there to fight alone.

He told me how he landed in North Africa, and how for days, he and his comrades had to fight a superior German Afrika Corps, with little food, little ammunition and no supplies, and how you never knew from one day to the next whether you would ever make it home alive.

He then showed me his George Cross, only awarded to those who displayed gallantry in the face of the enemy, rarely bestowed, only 2nd in line to the Ultimate Victoria Cross.

He told me about Italy, and the landings at Sicilly, the landings at Arnhem, and the D Day invasion, we talked for 3 hours, and when I looked at the clock, it was 1 pm in the afternoon, he had photographs, and he re-lived his experiences as though they were only yesterday.

I tried to imagine myself there with him, and could only lament on the fact, that what he was telling me about, was the history lessons I learned by reading books and watching movies about that period.

Mr Gilkes is a jovial man, he asks for nothing, he blames no one, he is proud to be British, he sees the best in every one, he has a great sense of humor and he laughs like you won't believe, he has terrible Arthritis, and he has a catheter bag on his leg, the poor man has to urinate through a bag, and then turn the tap on, to empty the bag in the WC, he barely walks but insists on doing everything himself.

When I commented on his disabilities, he said to me, disabilities, what disabilities ? I am the same man as I was 50 years ago, well maybe he is, he certainly acts and talks like he is, but what amazes me about this man, is his total belief in citizenship, country and Queen, if you look on his wall, he is one of those pensioners, who has the Queen on a plate on his wall, and the coronation plate of 1952 when the late King George the VI died and the crown passed to our current Queen.

If I wanted to know what it was to be a BRITISH CITIZEN, Ted Gilkes embodies what it means for me.

He does not winge, he does not comment, he does not judge, he does not reklamo, about anything, he lives life, and in his own words, "Sometimes, I can't believe I am here" Life is so good !

Any of us reading this should ask ourselves a question, do we wanna know what it is to have British Citizenship, then ask Ted Gilkes, he tell you ! as far as he is concerned, we are the greatest people in the world, and to be honest, I am not going argue with him ? will you ?

very well said, Kuya Peter..

so far in my experience eventhough our place is called "remote", I am lucky and proud to say that we have a flipino community in here and everytime we heard or we learned that there's a new filipino/filipina within the area we made it a point that we communicate with them and we met sometimes once a week.. haven't met any snobbish filipina yet..

HI Sis Kimmi, don't say remote, say countryside... Scotland is beautiful...Where you in Scotland? If you're near Edinburgh we can meet up sometime.I wanted to go to Scotland.....

I love this family! Cheers guys!

Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    HI Sis Kimmi, don't say remote, say countryside... Scotland is beautiful...Where you in Scotland? If you're near Edinburgh we can meet up sometime.I wanted to go to Scotland.....
    thank you sis Shelly, Scotland is beautiful and lovely indeed its just ashame some called it "remote".. I am sure when they make a visit there they will keep coming back for more..

i also love to meet u soon but we're on the west coast of Scotland..but who knows??

Yea someday hope we will meet up. Just tell me when bec i can go to Edinburgh.
    TAke care.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    thank you sis Shelly, Scotland is beautiful and lovely indeed its just ashame some called it "remote".. I am sure when they make a visit there they will keep coming back for more..

i also love to meet u soon but we're on the west coast of Scotland..but who knows??
    wwooow, West coast? May I ask whereabouts? Just curious coz I've spent nearly 3 absolutelly amazing years on west coast in Kyle of Lochalsh. Sure you know that place... Middle of nowhere... Missing it pretty much sometimes down in here in England, no hills around rising from the sea... Missing pretty lots of things, except those small buggers midges Guess you've got some experience of them too as you are on west coast

There are many reasons why some filipinas are snobbish. Some just want to mind her own business, some had experienced bad abt fellow filipinas, some are arrogant etc. Whatever it is then give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have told my husband abt my bad experiences but i also told her the good traits of filipinas. He said he understands. It can be found in any person of any nationality not just filipinas.

i agree to that specially the nurses in hospital not all of them but some of them ignores filipina`s if they sees one.in my case why should i extend my hand for them
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    This is what the forum should be like. We don't make it personal if some people have pointed out on something which is the opposite of what we may have thought of.
    Cheers to everyone!

I love this family! Cheers guys!
    yes zobel,nice right? (giggle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji&Ma View Post
    wwooow, West coast? May I ask whereabouts? Middle of nowhere...
    where you now Ji&Ma

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information